• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michel Vorm

Disagree, if I were him I would stay put. Chances to play in cups and odd league games for a top 3 side!
Suddenly he could be thrust into the Champions League Qtr Final or the FA Cup Final.
Rather that than play every week for Stoke, imagine how demoralising that is.

He will be settled in London with his family and presumably kids in school, lovely commute to the world's best training facility, bit of banter with the team, great manager, off to play golf, oh and the world's best stadium will be ready in September... what's not to love? He has the best life in the world that guy.

11 league games in 4 years though, and knowing you will never be first choice (Lloris is 3 or so years younger than him).

If you are a footballer you want to play football. It takes a very unusual type of personality who will settle for being a support band for an extended period at their prime. Cudicini is about the only one I can think of who really preferred the pay cheques over playing

I think that you are just searching for things to support your view that he should be replaced in the summer.

I'm relaxed about his contract position. He is one of the best back up keepers in the league and it will be a real stretch for us to upgrade on him but I trust the manager to make the right choices.

Although I think he will be replaced by Lopez, I actually prefer his profile of back-ups - older ones just before they start declining - rather than up-and-comers. I just think 4 years of not playing is too much for anyone and we'll release him (rather than extend and sell) as a thank you

can't be easy being a second string and barely playing but he's very average, he doesn't give out a lot of confidence and he should have saved the 2nd goal.

I think he’s fine, didn’t do much wrong, maybe Lloris would have saved the second goal (but maybe palmed it straight to a red shirt), many wouldn’t, you are trained to hit it hard and low towards the keepers feet as that’s the hardest place to get a hand to.

There was not enough pressure on the first ball, Sanchez fudged up the header and Tripps wasted the chance to take it from Sanchez appealing for a handball when he should have been getting his head to it.

Had Hugo played and conceded that goal nothing would be being made of it.

He should have stopped the last goal.
But it’s F.A.Cup etiquette to play the reserve keeper.
I think it speak volumes of the lack of importance now placed on the competition.

He should have stopped the last goal.
But it’s F.A.Cup etiquette to play the reserve keeper.
I think it speak volumes of the lack of importance now placed on the competition.
Maybe it’s not just etiquette. A number of reserve keepers are understood have cup games built into their contracts, they are prepared to warm the bench if they play in domestic cup tournaments. Not sure how true that is but could explain yesterday’s decision.

Maybe it’s not just etiquette. A number of reserve keepers are understood have cup games built into their contracts, they are prepared to warm the bench if they play in domestic cup tournaments. Not sure how true that is but could explain yesterday’s decision.

Yep but the effect is the same......FA Cup is what big teams win along the way.....

Yep but the effect is the same......FA Cup is what big teams win along the way.....

Yes I’m aware of those stats but the point about the keeper remains. We have a decent level of reserve keeper who would be first choice is several other Prem teams. Maybe the way to persuade someone of his level to be our reserve is to promise cup games. The alternative is to have Hugo’s back up as a young / inexperienced / crap keeper who we dread making it onto the pitch

Back