• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Long-term and short-term thinking

Spurs fans and postive don’t go
It’s the expectation than the reaction that makes most negative
No spurs fan watching yesterday thought we were not good enough to win it before the game. But ALL afterwards will have been hurt and will know yet again that their is a spineless nature running through the club/team/manager
That needs addressing and the only answer I can think of (other than stupid risky wholesale changes) is to get in a player or two who has won something
A bit like when Cambiasso rolled up at Leicester?

“Knowing how to win” is straight out of the sky handbook of pundit catchphrases, its experience pure and simple
Picking fit players is a start and no sentiment (Lloris). We looked tired by halftime in particular Dembele (he looked injured imho).

Leicester was a freak
But they had Huth and Schwarz who has won the league before
I'm talking about that type of player, not Leicester.

Im having trouble thinking of experienced top level pro's who fit that profile. Some are just too old eg Carrick.

Maybe we should have thought ..f.ck it let's get Zlatan on board :eek::cool:...at least he would carry the weight of expectation.

It’s been done before, Hugo, Verts, Toby, Aurier, Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen, Llorente, Sánchez and Moura have all won trophies. Sanchez even has a Copa Lib.

Harry won the under tens at Arsenal.............or something like that.
Dier got a medal for doing the 100 meters at 11.

As @Bedfordspurs so eloquently pointed out we are talking major league championship, major domestic cups and CL.

I believe we have a scarcity of these when compared to say yesterday's opponents.

Short-term - retain our best players and Poch. Long term keep taking steps forward. We're in the mix, in the CL, and have a pretty young squad still. Poch needs to focus on getting our defense tight again, with or without Toby. That will provide a foundation for us to develop our attacking play which is good, but could go to another level potentially. City for example, have better movement in attack, and crucially know where runners will be. Spurs players have to stop, look and think too often when attacking. We're pretty damn hot attacking, and we're just in a dip of form as the season catches up with us. No winter break and all that. Maybe Poch could also develop his rotation a little too, so there are phases where form players have runs in the side - rather than chop and change from game to game.

So long as Poch's comments post game are just him having a little cry, and he stays with us, long term we are in good hands.

Short term get rid of anyone blocking a youngster we rate
Also get rid of players that can’t impact a game or won’t start in our best 11
Back Poch with whatever he needs

No. Players that won't, or are unlikely to, make an impact when given the chance. That isn't a young, developing player of course. That's a short list in our squad.

Also get rid of players that can’t impact a game or won’t start in our best 11

That reads to me as though he's saying to get rid of anyone who won't make our best XI - though tbf his posts don't often read as intended tbf :D

Unless you were just replying to me thinking that was my suggestion? I was responding to the post above mine if that wasn't too clear, should have quoted him tbf

Long term.
Don't do an Arsenal.........look to the future dont just give it lip service.

This includes players and management.

Short term replacement for Dembele. He can still do a job but not all the time and every game. Wanyama may step up...but

Last edited:
Back