• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

We looked very good from the start without him yesterday. But I agree that in big games there's a very strong argument for starting him and I think we missed him when the game got difficult.

We looked very good from the start without him yesterday. But I agree that in big games there's a very strong argument for starting him and I think we missed him when the game got difficult.

Lamela is effective normally against teams that attack us

He isn’t a player to change a game against defensive sides IMO

Whilst I agreed with Poch starting 11 yesterday in hindsight Lamela could have started over son and we may have been better. Especially as Son played the full 90 mid week

I agree. I thought that I would've made sense to bring him on instead of Moura.

Lamela is effective normally against teams that attack us

He isn’t a player to change a game against defensive sides IMO

Whilst I agreed with Poch starting 11 yesterday in hindsight Lamela could have started over son and we may have been better. Especially as Son played the full 90 mid week
I think his creativity and quick passing is exactly what we need in those games. Was quite visible when he came on yesterday too I thought. He found some space, got on the ball and looked for those passes to set up other players, but he got only a very short amount of time to make a difference.

When we get in behind, or when we get an attacking player isolated against a defender with the chance to run at him I'd prefer Son in that situation every time. But when a team parks the bus that happens very rarely. And Son, like Alli, Dembele, Moura and Kane, often looks for that extra touch. When what is needed is quick passing and an eye for that pass to find someone in a bit of space. That's where Lamela excels.

Lamela is quite good at setting up good counter attacks, and we miss that when he's not there. But actually being a threat in behind, running with the ball with pace, taking on that last defender one on one, that's where Son excels. Shame we couldn't keep ahead for a bit longer, had we gotten the chances to attack United on the break I think Son would have had a better game.

I think his creativity and quick passing is exactly what we need in those games. Was quite visible when he came on yesterday too I thought. He found some space, got on the ball and looked for those passes to set up other players, but he got only a very short amount of time to make a difference.

When we get in behind, or when we get an attacking player isolated against a defender with the chance to run at him I'd prefer Son in that situation every time. But when a team parks the bus that happens very rarely. And Son, like Alli, Dembele, Moura and Kane, often looks for that extra touch. When what is needed is quick passing and an eye for that pass to find someone in a bit of space. That's where Lamela excels.

Lamela is quite good at setting up good counter attacks, and we miss that when he's not there. But actually being a threat in behind, running with the ball with pace, taking on that last defender one on one, that's where Son excels. Shame we couldn't keep ahead for a bit longer, had we gotten the chances to attack United on the break I think Son would have had a better game.

The amount of times people say lamela can play vs bus Parkers amazes me. His record against them isn’t good at all

His record va good attacking teams is his strength

Against bus Parker’s those slide rule passes just don’t happen and he goes backwards and sodeways

Against attacking sides he can win it high up and create which he has done - the counters you refer to above for example

The amount of times people say lamela can play vs bus Parkers amazes me. His record against them isn’t good at all

His record va good attacking teams is his strength

Against bus Parker’s those slide rule passes just don’t happen and he goes backwards and sodeways

Against attacking sides he can win it high up and create which he has done - the counters you refer to above for example
Not sure exactly what record you're taking about. Just your impression or some stats, or?

Looking at this season...

His two assists in the league this season came in the final 15 minutes when we were behind against Leicester and West Ham. Very much bus parking situations. The Son goal against West Ham was a long range screamer, little to do with the assist. But the Kane goal against West Ham was a lovely assist against an organized team sitting back.

His assist for Eriksen's opener against Swansea in the cup wasn't magic, but exactly what he brings. A nice, accurate, perfectly released little pass in tight space against an organized defence. Eriksen still had a lot to do, but finding Eriksen in that little bit of space in a dangerous position is exactly what we need to do more of against bus parkers.

Not sure exactly what record you're taking about. Just your impression or some stats, or?

Looking at this season...

His two assists in the league this season came in the final 15 minutes when we were behind against Leicester and West Ham. Very much bus parking situations. The Son goal against West Ham was a long range screamer, little to do with the assist. But the Kane goal against West Ham was a lovely assist against an organized team sitting back.

His assist for Eriksen's opener against Swansea in the cup wasn't magic, but exactly what he brings. A nice, accurate, perfectly released little pass in tight space against an organized defence. Eriksen still had a lot to do, but finding Eriksen in that little bit of space in a dangerous position is exactly what we need to do more of against bus parkers.

Leicester was a good pass
Technically it’s an assist vs West Ham but it didn’t influence the goal one bit

Swansea in the Cup didn’t park the bus. They could barely park a bike. He did score a good goal vs them though

Leicester was a good pass
Technically it’s an assist vs West Ham but it didn’t influence the goal one bit

Swansea in the Cup didn’t park the bus. They could barely park a bike. He did score a good goal vs them though
Certainly for that opener against Swansea they had plenty of players back and there was little space. It was the kind of pass we need in those circumstances.

You mentioned his record in these games before. What exactly are you referring to as his record?

Certainly for that opener against Swansea they had plenty of players back and there was little space. It was the kind of pass we need in those circumstances.

You mentioned his record in these games before. What exactly are you referring to as his record?

His lack of a record should be the word

He doesn’t get assists against bus Parker’s

When I raised it before the assists and games that people highlight are ones vs united, city etc... not vs the mediocre teams with 10 men behind the ball

I think it’s because he is so one Footed he has limitations where he can go

Whereas against attacking sides he helps win the ball higher up and has more space to attack

Remember the United 3-1 at the lane and the city game where he scored

Blinding performances

Bus parking is effective as it crowds out your attacking/creative players, it's why teams consistently use it as a tactic because it works... - we have struggled this season again against these sides and for the most part Lamela hasnt featured in the majority of those games - Eriksen/Alli et all will also have poor records in these types of games one would imagine.

The switch to 3421 and having Walker and Rose in the wing back positions for me was one of the key reasons for us turning the corner against bus parkers last season

Bus parking is effective as it crowds out your attacking/creative players, it's why teams consistently use it as a tactic because it works... - we have struggled this season again against these sides and for the most part Lamela hasnt featured in the majority of those games - Eriksen/Alli et all will also have poor records in these types of games one would imagine.

The switch to 3421 and having Walker and Rose in the wing back positions for me was one of the key reasons for us turning the corner against bus parkers last season

Remember palace away... going no where fast. Lamela and the others couldn’t get in front of their defence

Brought on son and moira and the game changed as we had players running at them and getting behind. Pace works well

Yesterday in hindsight we would have been better with lamela starting and then bringing on son

8 goals and 20 assists in over a 100 games. He would be one I would be looking to cash in on, so as to get an up grade. Seriously, this club is going no where if we are relying on a limited player like Lamela. He isn't good enough.

8 goals and 20 assists in over a 100 games. He would be one I would be looking to cash in on, so as to get an up grade. Seriously, this club is going no where if we are relying on a limited player like Lamela. He isn't good enough.

Not good enough compared to what?

Back