• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I have always thought that Dembele promises so much but does not deliver what he should. He has tremendous ability but so often fails to deliver. ( imo)
Although it doesn't help us, in isolation I do just love watching him as a footballer (a bit like Jan), the way he combines his strength with his control and technical ability it's so perfected it's a thing of beauty.

To me, the benefits of Dembele are not found in the stats. I think he gives the rest of the team confidence - his ability to dribble out of tight corners and bring the ball forward is unrivaled - and he often provides the pass BEFORE the assist. Obviously with his level of skill he could get more assists and goals...

So he passes the ball?;)

Seriously I like Dembele but I think other than his excellent close control which is great to watch, he could be more influential in the opposition area.

:D Just read the next line in you post!,,,,,:confused:

Last edited:
Although it doesn't help us, in isolation I do just love watching him as a footballer (a bit like Jan), the way he combines his strength with his control and technical ability it's so perfected it's a thing of beauty.

I know what you mean, however i always feel that he lets himself down by failing to achieve more, he has the ability but lacks the drive to dominate more.

Really poor today when it mattered. Some good passes forward but gave away a goal when we really need a strong stable patch.

He is of an age when he should be more experienced and not do such things.

As I said in the match thread, the vast majority of times he picks the really obvious pass and that, coupled with his phobia of shooting, makes him pretty easy for the top teams to defend against imo.

I think people have clouded judgement over Dembele after his patch of form earlier in the season. He really needs replacing with more of a ball playing midfielder who can move the ball quickly.

If he can’t do it for 30 games then he needs replacing

I think people have clouded judgement over Dembele after his patch of form earlier in the season. He really needs replacing with more of a ball playing midfielder who can move the ball quickly.

I’ve already watched the game again (!) and overall Dembele was moving the ball forward quickly more than any other player in the pitch IMO.

One of the few who played with drive and urgency.

I’ve already watched the game again (!) and overall Dembele was moving the ball forward quickly more than any other player in the pitch IMO.

But that mistake to lose the ball to Pogba changed the game.

I thought he was fine overall. He was dispossessed near the sideline and it resulted in a goal. brick happens but we didn't react well to the goal. It was a good cross and finish to be fair.

The main issue in this match for me was Kane, and to a lesser extent Son. I love Kane but Poch made a mistake playing him and it is a mistake he has been making for the last few games. Son was infuriating with his poor control and decision making, but Kane was not ready for this.

I have a few other gripes about movement and lack of ideas around their box but I'll have a glass of wine instead.

Last edited:
But that mistake to lose the ball to Pogba changed the game.

His positioning was wrong, it allowed Pogba to out muscle him. It doesn't happen often and no one could've known that when they went in for the ball.

He tried, and had some wonderful moments. Up until their equaliser he was dominant. But after he wasn't at his best and it ended up the kind of game where his shortcomings were rather visible, in part because others weren't having a great game, in part because United are a very solid defensive unit when they get their brick together.

He tried, and had some wonderful moments. Up until their equaliser he was dominant. But after he wasn't at his best and it ended up the kind of game where his shortcomings were rather visible, in part because others weren't having a great game, in part because United are a very solid defensive unit when they get their brick together.
My thoughts exactly
We scored he was bossing
They took the ball off him and he shrank into a shell
It was his man who scored the winner running off him

Back