• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

The number also doesn't include any match day spend on food and drink.

I fully realise in the grand scheme of things this is chump change, but it is one of those things that shows the thought going into the project.

We have multiple bars, a food court, somewhere to watch other matches, room for live events...

Matchday is quite deliberately being re-thought. Its no longer get up there, get in, watch game, go somewhere else.

Its get up there nice and early, hang out, grab some lunch or a drink, watch the game, after the game get another drink, watch the scores come in or the evening game (may be one of interest late in the season), basically make a day of it. Relaxed, take your time, and of course spend your money...

I think match day spend on food/drink etc is going to going up dramatically (although as stated, pennies in the wider scheme) but that the whole experience is being evolved as well.

The whole come for the match and make a day of it would work much better with fixed match times. The constant changing makes it much harder for people to settle into whole routines for the day.

I think the key will be speed of service as its hard to relax when queuing. If the service and quality is good then it becomes a great option compared to rushing for the first train. First impressions might count. A lot of people will want to look at the various options, but if the service is not good will be put off.

The whole come for the match and make a day of it would work much better with fixed match times. The constant changing makes it much harder for people to settle into whole routines for the day.

I think the key will be speed of service as its hard to relax when queuing. If the service and quality is good then it becomes a great option compared to rushing for the first train. First impressions might count. A lot of people will want to look at the various options, but if the service is not good will be put off.
That's a good point. For a midweek evening fixture, most won't get there early because of work, and will want to go home to bed after. There could be quite a difference in revenue to a weekend game.

On the other hand decent food and options before the game could be appealing on work days. Being able to eat and drink while only minutes from your seat will make it less of a rushed experience.
Lol, you've got more faith in the quality of staff than me then.

"could".

A concern is that the first few games will be when more people will try it. Thus inexperienced staff will be dealing with larger numbers and this is when people decide. I hope the club anticipate this and have extra staff on hand.

If they want people to stick around the quality has to be better than standard stadium fare. All the descriptions and renders suggest that this is part of the plan. If they get it right the non-gate matchday revenue will increase substantially, as suggested above.

Could tell from the questionnaire they sent out a while back this was the plan - very focused on asking what would keep you in the ground longer - the stage/dj booth mention in the ST packs is intriguing, interested to see how that plays out

That assumes that the people spending the money are the ones that come week to week - I suspect the real value is in the day trippers.

That assumes that the people spending the money are the ones that come week to week - I suspect the real value is in the day trippers.

Plenty of people in the pubs several hours before/after the games and all the fast food/restaurants do well on match days - plenty of money getting spent outside of the ground by regulars.

On to top of that you'll have plenty of regulars who head back to central london or their home town to eat and drink rather than 'slum it' in Tottenham so i think it's not just tourists they're aiming for here (especially when the number of tickets available to non season ticket holders and in turn tourists themselves will be quite low in comparison)

Plenty of people in the pubs several hours before/after the games and all the fast food/restaurants do well on match days - plenty of money getting spent outside of the ground by regulars.

On to top of that you'll have plenty of regulars who head back to central london or their home town to eat and drink rather than 'slum it' in Tottenham so i think it's not just tourists they're aiming for here (especially when the number of tickets available to non season ticket holders and in turn tourists themselves will be quite low in comparison)
I'd expect a fairly high level of ST resale after the first few years - much like NFL

I'd expect a fairly high level of ST resale after the first few years - much like NFL

Yeah i think that's possible - 20k or so new season ticket holders, plenty will not take to it i guess, be a bit of churn over the next 5-10 years until it settles down

Yeah i think that's possible - 20k or so new season ticket holders, plenty will not take to it i guess, be a bit of churn over the next 5-10 years until it settles down
I can see people buying those tickets just to reserve seats for the big games. They'll probably then sell on the other matches if it can be done at cost or better.

The only results that matter are the ones on the pitch. I actually don't feel sad or angry, just used to it now.

Even if we became the richest club in the World tomorrow, we still have a truly serious problem.

No trophy in 10 years.

That is our worst trophyless period since 1950, wow.

Balance sheets don't win you trophies, clean sheets and turning up when it matters most does.

Last edited:
No trophy in 10 years, but the stadium will give us the chance to pay higher wages which will give us a higher chance of keeping the good players for longer and that would give us a better chance of winning things.

It is going to be a long hard (i said long and hard haha) slog but will feel better when we finally get there.

Really think we should go for a transfer strategy that has served us well which would be targeting up and coming players like sessegnon and maddison instead of over priced crap like Aurier and Sissoko.

No trophy in 10 years, but the stadium will give us the chance to pay higher wages which will give us a higher chance of keeping the good players for longer and that would give us a better chance of winning things.

It is going to be a long hard (i said long and hard haha) slog but will feel better when we finally get there.

Really think we should go for a transfer strategy that has served us well which would be targeting up and coming players like sessegnon and maddison instead of over priced crap like Aurier and Sissoko.

Combine that talented youth with proven experience heads (even expensive ones) would help

Back