• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I would not mind going to Rose if we get Tierney we would hopefully come out it a few quid up. Maybe we need to lower Rose's fee so as not to price him out of a move. He has barely played for us for 15 months and I doubt he has many years left at the top and not sure he will get back to his best performances with us as he seems to have an issue with the club and fans.

Pereira will only have a year left on his contract and if we can get rid of Aurier who is always making bad mistakes at the back for a younger guy then I would be all for it. Maybe we should scout him to check he knows how to take throw ins. Also I would hope W-P goes on loan or either plays the back up right back this season.

Mirror

Chelsea and Tottenham set for transfer tug-of-war over Paris-Saint Germain star Layvin Kurzawa

London rivals are both after a left-back with Juventus hanging onto Alex Sandro and Danny Rose likely to leave Spurs - and Manchester United also keen

By
Darren Lewis
  • 17:00, 18 APR 2018
  • UPDATED21:46, 18 APR 2018
Spurs and Chelsea are tracking Paris Saint-Germain left-back Layvin Kurzawa - and Manchester United are keen too.

The London rivals both want to reinforce the position, with the outgoing champions resigned to missing out again on Juventus' Alex Sandro.

Tottenham prepared to sell England international Danny Rose this summer for the right price.

Manchester United, set to cash in on Luke Shaw when the window opens, are also admirers of 25-year-old France international Kurzawa, who is available as PSG are looking to sell players before buying new ones.

Marcos Alonso, named in the Premier League's Team of the Year this week, is expected to remain at Stamford Bridge despite talk of a move home to Spain, but the Blues have been keen for some time to recruit more quality — despite signing Roma left-back Emerson Palmieri for £25m in January.

Wales international Ben Davies has impressed for Spurs at the position with Rose injured for much of the campaign.

Kurzawa joined PSG from Monaco in summer 2015, and has made 25 appearances this season — scoring five goals — as they close in on a domestic Treble.

Ive absolutely no idea if Kurzawa is any good or not, but I do find the idea we are competing with Chelsea interesting.
In years past it wasnt much of a competition, would be curious to see how it plays out now...

ESPN

Tottenham plan new move for Leicester's Demarai Gray - sources
1:26 PM BST
  • Peter O'Rourke
Tottenham Hotspur are considering another move for Leicester City winger Demarai Gray in the summer, sources close to the London club have told ESPN FC.

Spurs expressed an interest in Gray last summer, but Leicester refused to consider offers and boss Mauricio Pochettino has continued to keep an eye on his situation at the King Power Stadium.

Gray has made 14 starts in the Premier League this season, with another 16 coming off the bench.

The 21-year-old, who has contributed four goals and three assists and is the current captain of England's Under-21s, is expected to consider his future due to his lack of regular starts.

Pochettino wants to augment his attacking options and is keen to continue buying young players who he can develop.

I can't see us bringing in another AM/WF, with Moura settling well and Lamela hitting great form. Our current 5 AMs for 2/3 spots is pretty much perfect/near impossible to improve

To do what? Take Kazaiah Sterling's job of breaking-in Son and Moura's new boots for them?

I think he is a much better player than you give him credit for, and I believe he could be primed to take a real step up in productivity as well.

I quite rate Lascalles actually. I'd much prefer Maguire though.

Agreed. Werent we looking at Lascalles when he was at Forest? Captain as well, at a young age thats commendable...

I think he is a much better player than you give him credit for, and I believe he could be primed to take a real step up in productivity as well.

If we had a Chadli or a Dempsey getting a lot of minutes (though both were underrated), I'd perhaps agree. But with Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Moura in direct competition, who are all much higher calibre, I just don't see the point of spending £50m on an Nkoudou replacement.

Agreed. Werent we looking at Lascalles when he was at Forest? Captain as well, at a young age thats commendable...

Yes, that rings a bell. We are also a bit low on our homegrown-overseas balance, so it wouldn't be the worse signing.

If we had a Chadli or a Dempsey getting a lot of minutes (though both were underrated), I'd perhaps agree. But with Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Moura in direct competition, who are all much higher calibre, I just don't see the point of spending £50m on an Nkoudou replacement.

Yes, that rings a bell. We are also a bit low on our homegrown-overseas balance, so it wouldn't be the worse signing.
I doubt there is a single Palace fan who would happily swap Zaha for Lamela. Yet I bet there are a fair number of Spurs fans who would be happy to do so.

Zaha offers pace and trickery unmatched in our squad, and can play anywhere across the front, he would be a big asset IMO and Id be very happy to get him in
Gets marked by two players practically every game and still consistently gets assists/goals. Imagaine how he'd do in a team where there would be less focus on him because there is quality across the whole forward line....

I doubt there is a single Palace fan who would happily swap Zaha for Lamela. Yet I bet there are a fair number of Spurs fans who would be happy to do so.

I doubt there's a single European super club who would find a place for Zaha in their squad. I'm pretty sure several of them (Juve and Athletico for starters) would take Lamela for a decent price.

I doubt there's a single European super club who would find a place for Zaha in their squad. I'm pretty sure several of them (Juve and Athletico for starters) would take Lamela for a decent price.
I guess it depends on your definition of a 'decent price'. However it appears that there has only been interest in Lamela from the two Milan clubs and neither of those are European super clubs these days.

I am still undecided about Zaha and not sure if i would want him here, i think Gray ( Leicester) would be a good buy and would be a lot cheaper then Zaha.

Back