• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think we are very good.

I look at the fact that you can go to a Spurs game now against anyone in the land, bar Emirates Marketing Project and be confident of a win, we are highly competitive and smash more teams than we throw up performances like last night.

I don't react per result, last night and not winning does not affect me like others I see, its out the system by the time I wake, maybe methodically thinking but thats how I am. When I take the sample size of when Poch has been here the clubs on a different level to the same time 10-15 years ago. Look at the win versus loss column of his time here, factor in the draws and it shows how highly competitive and more key consistent we are. People point to silverware but as a fan I want to win stuff but I don't expect it, thats not what I am in it for, its all about the club and we are served up a decent one.
Agreed. Plus I am confident Poch will figure out a way to beat City. He does solve problems eventually which is what makes him such a special coach imo.

Losing is never a nice thing!

But in the case of West Ham City x2 its how we lost.....that sticks in my craw because we are better than that.

Add Arsenal away to that list. Apart from the collapse against Wet Spam in the League Cup, that is the game I am most aggravated about in the way we lost. They simply wanted it more than us and that is what is most unacceptable.

Add Arsenal away to that list. Apart from the collapse against Wet Spam in the League Cup, that is the game I am most aggravated about in the way we lost. They simply wanted it more than us and that is what is most unacceptable.

I absolutely agree with this, but I need to keep reminding myself that we are talking about just 4 out of 6 losses this season. It's all a learning curve and this is where our ability to change our first XI would make a big difference. Buying someone like Moura does exactly that. Every team has a couple of bad games in a season. Emirates Marketing Project have had it, Liverpool have had it and Man United have had it.

I'm in agreement with @Raziel that Chelsea have a better squad than us. Not first XI but squad. What they don't have at this moment in time is a first XI that picks itself. They had that last season, but because of players going off form, Conte being strange and a departure of their star striker, they've not been able to replicate. This is the first season under Poch where I think injuries have played a detrimental effect on our season. Not having players like Toby, Wanyama, Dembele or them struggling to be fully fit hits us as it would any team.

I absolutely agree with this, but I need to keep reminding myself that we are talking about just 4 out of 6 losses this season. It's all a learning curve and this is where our ability to change our first XI would make a big difference. Buying someone like Moura does exactly that. Every team has a couple of bad games in a season. Emirates Marketing Project have had it, Liverpool have had it and Man United have had it.

I'm in agreement with @Raziel that Chelsea have a better squad than us. Not first XI but squad. What they don't have at this moment in time is a first XI that picks itself. They had that last season, but because of players going off form, Conte being strange and a departure of their star striker, they've not been able to replicate. This is the first season under Poch where I think injuries have played a detrimental effect on our season. Not having players like Toby, Wanyama, Dembele or them struggling to be fully fit hits us as it would any team.

I agree with this, but imo Chelsea have been most affected by dispensing with the services of the spine of their PL winning team. Costa, Matic and Luiz are big misses for them from last years first team and haven't been adequately replaced. Big personalities too.

I dont even think Chelseas squad is better anymore let alone their team. Our bench is SO much stronger these days - Llorente,Winks, Son/Lamela, Moura, Foyth, Sanchez (if Toby was fit and playing two CBs), Worm, Sissoko, Wanyama are our bench options if our first XI are fit. With back up full backs of Aurier and Rose - we have one really strong squad....

Yes our Arsenal away trip was a poor performance, we were sloppy at the back for both goals.
When travelling to an Arsenal or Chelsea or the like we cannot have anything less than 11 on the commitment dial. We were about 7.65;) and seriously that just isn't good enough.
West Ham and the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game in 2016 'still' have me seathing.....mind so does the 2001 ManU reversal under Glenn, mindless.
I always remember the bad'uns :mad:

I dont even think Chelseas squad is better anymore let alone their team. Our bench is SO much stronger these days - Llorente,Winks, Son/Lamela, Moura, Foyth, Sanchez (if Toby was fit and playing two CBs), Worm, Sissoko, Wanyama are our bench options if our first XI are fit. With back up full backs of Aurier and Rose - we have one really strong squad....

Not sure that I agree. Winks has not been available for a long while, Moura just joined in Jan (half way through the season and is not bedded in), Foyth is an unproven youngster, Wanyama is coming back from injury and Sissoko is average. But Stop! Hammer time!

Yes our Arsenal away trip was a poor performance, we were sloppy at the back for both goals.
When travelling to an Arsenal or Chelsea or the like we cannot have anything less than 11 on the commitment dial. We were about 7.65;) and seriously that just isn't good enough.
West Ham and the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game in 2016 'still' have me seathing.....mind so does the 2001 ManU reversal under Glenn, mindless.

They do always stand out but the great ones stand out too!

I agree with this, but imo Chelsea have been most affected by dispensing with the services of the spine of their PL winning team. Costa, Matic and Luiz are big misses for them from last years first team and haven't been adequately replaced. Big personalities too.

You are absolutely right. One of those departures is still with them so self-inflicted.

Not sure that I agree. Winks has not been available for a long while, Moura just joined in Jan (half way through the season and is not bedded in), Foyth is an unproven youngster, Wanyama is coming back from injury and Sissoko is average. But Stop! Hammer time!
Winks not being available is kind of the point, he'd arguably be a first team regular yet hes not even discussed as really being missed due to having Dembele,Dier, Wanyama and Sissoko as cover in the deep CM options. Moura is clearly a quality player, him only just bedding in doesnt change that, Foyth is our fourth choice CB but clearly a talented one, we havent missed Toby that much because we had a quality replacement in Sanchez. The point is we have had several injuries that have been fairly long term which we are never seriously weakened because of our squad. We dont have any areas we could dramtically improve on - realistically at least. Look at Chelseas bench vs us :
  • Drinkwater
  • 14Bakayoko
  • 18Giroud
  • 24Cahill
  • 33Emerson
  • 37Eduardo
  • 70Hudson-Odoi
Is that meant to demonstrate how much better their squad is?

Chelsea squad has been getting progressively weaker yet there spending big money

Don’t forget arse away we only lost cos the officials made two errors

And they played their best game as they were fresh whereas out whole team had been on international duty (7 of their 11 hadn’t)

Don’t forget arse away we only lost cos the officials made two errors

And they played their best game as they were fresh whereas out whole team had been on international duty (7 of their 11 hadn’t)

Referees are incompetent as rain is wet. We cant say we lost because it was raining.;)

Refereeing is arbitrary. They are so behind play it quite comedic.

VAR is the only answer unless someone else can think of one?

22 referees per game? they still would miss things.

Last night the refereeing was yet again shambolic. They remind me of football rule consultants, definite penalty for Bournemouth missed. And I'll leave you to guess what my opinion on consultants.......

Last edited:

It was lunacy to fall out with Costa AND sell Matic! I think when Conte crossed Costa his goose was cooked!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It was lunacy to fall out with Costa AND sell Matic! I think when Conte crossed Costa his goose was cooked!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yes had they kept those two I’d be inclined to think they have as good a team as us if not better. But taking out two quality players out of the spine of your team like that and not replacing them is recipe for disaster....

Wenger leaving Arsenal won't be good for Pochettino. That will make Pochettino as the longest-serving manager among the top 6 clubs and the 3rd longest-serving manager in the PL, behind Bournemouth's Eddie Howe and Burnley's Sean Dyches. It will put pressure on Pochettino to start winning trophies for Spurs.

Wenger leaving Arsenal won't be good for Pochettino. That will make Pochettino as the longest-serving manager among the top 6 clubs and the 3rd longest-serving manager in the PL, behind Bournemouth's Eddie Howe and Burnley's Sean Dyches. It will put pressure on Pochettino to start winning trophies for Spurs.

Wow... what’s the pressure like on Dyche and Howe then???

Back