• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brighton ***

Why can’t the premier league bring a rule in where you have a clock that stops when the ball goes out. Or you have 10 seconds to get the ball back in play or it’s a free kick.
Because they've thought of that. But if they do it and stop the clock, games would need to be shortened to 60 minutes. In the end they'll end up playing the same amount of football.

Didnt see the game as I was driving back from a meeting in the Midlands. Listened to the first half, stopped for for a quick bite, got back in the car and heard it was 1-1????!!!, then heard we gave a Pen away and just knew it was Aurier. Had to wait to get home to find out for sure.....defensively I think he is one of the worst we bought in a long time. The bloke is reckless and a complete liability - unless he improves MASSIVELY I hope we move him on quickly.

People moan about Sissoko, this bloke is far worse IMHO.

Hugo 7 – not many saves to make. Could have put the penalty around the post seeing as he got a hand to it but that seems harsh

Aurier 5 – simply not good enough. He’s figured out throw ins but he’s forgotten how to mark his man. Conceded another reckless penalty

Toby 7 – Assured and slotted in alongside Verts to all but keep Brighton shut out except the penalty.

Verts 7 – His usual composed self, made some great runs forward.

Davies 6 – Didn’t link up in attack as well as he has been this season, defensively solid enough.

Wanyama 7 – Good to have him back and fit to allow rotation with Dier and Dembele

Sissoko 5 – back to his usual club footed passes. Occasionally handy to have as a running/battering ram but simply not good enough on the ball.

Moura 7 – bright spark with everything but an end product.

Son 6 – quiet by his standards, did well to assist Kane but failed to trouble their full backs and deliver decent crosses

Eriksen 6 – wasn’t on his A game today

Kane 6 – despite scoring he looked worryingly out of touch, did he have studs in his boots because he slipped about five times.

Subs;

Lamela 6 – tried but struggled to get into the game

Dembele 7 – broke through their congested midfield but too little too late

Llorente 6 – not enough time to have an impact – hope we shift him in the summer and get Janssen back.

Ah, that tells a different story. How is a penalty not considered above 0.3 in xg though?

Caley treats a penalty separately - 0.3 PLUS a penalty.

I think it confirms what you could see watching the game - if we had taken our chances and Aurier hadn’t gifted them a goal, we’d have had a solid away win against a decent home side. I don’t think the performance was as woeful as people are making out.

One thing which cost Hugo the save with that pen was the cheat step he took to his left right before it was struck; that step absolutely cost him the save. He makes that step to his right and he would've had it...

Caley treats a penalty separately - 0.3 PLUS a penalty.

I think it confirms what you could see watching the game - if we had taken our chances and Aurier hadn’t gifted them a goal, we’d have had a solid away win against a decent home side. I don’t think the performance was as woeful as people are making out.

I agree. The key would have been to grab control of possession for 5-10 minutes after scoring the first goal. We let them equalise about 30 seconds after scoring and we weren't playing to a high enough level to overcome it. But we still had enough, without the penalty, to win the game. Frustrating.

Kane 6 – despite scoring he looked worryingly out of touch, did he have studs in his boots because he slipped about five times.

He wasn't the only one, Vertongen slipped, Lloris slipped, Eriksen slipped, Lamela slipped, heck, even Ulloa slipped.
Clearly the pitch was rubbishly loose.

I think you would had to have 10-inch nails for studs to stay upright on that pitch...

It was poor tonight but he knows. He has summer plans and it is clear why, our squad needs another level of quality in back-up areas. We should remember there were key defensive changes tonight. Wish Serge would not get caught like; no pen but don’t give the ref a sniff.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Steff do you know one of the staff or Poch himself? You constantly talk as if you know him personally.....

I really hope Alderweireld plays in a three on Saturday. It will make our "problem" right stronger defensively. Sadly we know how good Mourinho is at winning these one off games so I am not expecting a win on Saturday. Will be a tough game.

Not a strong performance last night but we didn’t lose, that’s a bonus I guess? Saturday is the important one. We’ll see how we fair. Not panicking about being caught by Chelsea. Plenty of time left to grab a few more three points.

Last edited:
So many first touch went astray from Eriksen yesterday.
Good news,Harry just started to get his touch back that bit deeper.

Toby looked assured

Aurier ummm. In his defence I don’t think he made contact the player tripped himself but he was too close.

One thing which cost Hugo the save with that pen was the cheat step he took to his left right before it was struck; that step absolutely cost him the save. He makes that step to his right and he would've had it...
Sourness described Lloris as having “lettuce fingers” for getting a hand to the ball but being unable to deflect it sufficiently to push it around the post.

I really hope Alderweireld plays in a three on Saturday. It will make our "problem" right stronger defensively. Sadly we know how good Mourinho is at winning these one off games so I am not expecting a win on Saturday. Will be a tough game.

No chance we will beat a Mourinho team twice in one season. It reminds me when we beat Chelsea in the league but got battered in the FA Cup.

It was poor tonight but he knows. He has summer plans and it is clear why, our squad needs another level of quality in back-up areas. We should remember there were key defensive changes tonight. Wish Serge would not get caught like; no pen but don’t give the ref a sniff.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yes we were poor last night - everyone knows that. The problem is that if Poch knows, it begs the question why didn't he do something about it?

I heard today he is saying some players are affected by tiredness after a long and hard season. That is a poor excuse and I am disappointed he would seek to use it - after all conditioning is down to him and the coaching staff. What has happened to the much lauded sports science we heard so much about?

Also, to say he intends to address this in the summer really puts hope over experience. His record in the transfer market isn't exactly stellar. Apart from Toby and Big Vic, both of whom he had previous personal knowledge of having worked with them previously, I would say the transfer dealings under him have been hit and miss at best - and probably more miss than hit.

Yes we were poor last night - everyone knows that. The problem is that if Poch knows, it begs the question why didn't he do something about it?

I heard today he is saying some players are affected by tiredness after a long and hard season. That is a poor excuse and I am disappointed he would seek to use it - after all conditioning is down to him and the coaching staff. What has happened to the much lauded sports science we heard so much about?

Also, to say he intends to address this in the summer really puts hope over experience. His record in the transfer market isn't exactly stellar. Apart from Toby and Big Vic, both of whom he had previous personal knowledge of having worked with them previously, I would say the transfer dealings under him have been hit and miss at best - and probably more miss than hit.

Why do say he didn't do anything about it? From what i could see on the TV we switched things up at half time with Kane dropping in to the AM positions and Son playing as a false 9 - that's 'doing something about it', we then made a double substitution later in the half, again 'doing something about it' - the first change saw an upturn in performance from Kane and resulted in a goal, had we held on to the lead rather than giving a penalty away we'd likely have seen the game out as Brighton would have been chasing the point and opened up, the ewualoser allowed them to shut up shop and make things difficult.

Toby never played under Poch.

No chance we will beat a Mourinho team twice in one season. It reminds me when we beat Chelsea in the league but got battered in the FA Cup.
You do realize they're a brick team and that what you mentioned happened over 3 years ago with a completely different team?

Back