• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Put in the OMT but interesting comments

About 8 minutes in, he discusses the start to the season as one of the challenges we have to overcome. Since people question if he sees things.

He's always known I think and I, like you, think the criticism that Poch gets is unfair in the main. He will see more than any one of us and has proven what he can do time and time again. Our team is learning and has shown season after season just how they are maturing and improving. Before people were saying we didn't finish seasons well because Poch is too hard on them in training. That's been dispelled. Now it is starting slowly or him not making subs quick enough.

I would love it if people could distinguish between what was an in game mistake i.e. a one-off and what is a more longer term developmental. All of the greivances that I have heard on here are on one-off decisions in my mind rather than a particular trait that he needs to improve upon. We have to remember that this is long term development of young players and that takes time.

He's always known I think and I, like you, think the criticism that Poch gets is unfair in the main. He will see more than any one of us and has proven what he can do time and time again. Our team is learning and has shown season after season just how they are maturing and improving. Before people were saying we didn't finish seasons well because Poch is too hard on them in training. That's been dispelled. Now it is starting slowly or him not making subs quick enough.

I would love it if people could distinguish between what was an in game mistake i.e. a one-off and what is a more longer term developmental. All of the greivances that I have heard on here are on one-off decisions in my mind rather than a particular trait that he needs to improve upon. We have to remember that this is long term development of young players and that takes time.

I agree with a lot of what you say. However, we have started every season slowly under Poch and we have tended to start games slowly throughout this season too. Neither of these have been one-offs.

I agree with a lot of what you say. However, we have started every season slowly under Poch and we have tended to start games slowly throughout this season too. Neither of these have been one-offs.

I think that's an absolutely fair observation. But can you fix everything at the same time, or do you do things bit by bit. Is the reason why we have started slowly the same season upon season, or are there different factors at play? Personally, I think there are a number of things rather than one or two systemic weaknesses to our approach.

Can I expect us to start the season strongly, when Kane goes to an U21 championship, when we make some signings during the season, when some players are injured, when we start off in a new stadium, when our fixture list gives us a run of harder games early etc........ To say that there is an inherent weakness in Poch that means we don't start seasons strongly is unfair imho. It's not solely down to the manager.

Stupid selection today from Poch

He tore the heart out of the team and replaced it with players who were not ready

Sissoko is a terrible footballer
Aurier is a terrible footballer
Kane is massively not match fit right now, lumbering around
Alli given the day off
And Dembele
And Dier
And Trippier

Just stupid, giving away 2nd and 3rd place, making it a VERY tough game for everyone involved, rather than playing the real first team and then coasting

Awful match, awful performance, awful selection from Poch. Stupid

Stupid selection today from Poch

He tore the heart out of the team and replaced it with players who were not ready

Sissoko is a terrible footballer
Aurier is a terrible footballer
Kane is massively not match fit right now, lumbering around
Alli given the day off
And Dembele
And Dier
And Trippier

Just stupid, giving away 2nd and 3rd place, making it a VERY tough game for everyone involved, rather than playing the real first team and then coasting

Awful match, awful performance, awful selection from Poch. Stupid

Players need to be rested. Dembele has injury issues, Dele’s played virtually every game when fit. Everyone was calling for Moura to start.

With all due respect, our success seems to be spoiling many of our fans. We drew a match - it happens sometimes.

It's the 2nd game in 4 days at the end of the season, of course players will need resting when we have a cup semi at the weekend which could require 100% from everyone to get through

There was enough on the pitch to beat Brighton. Sadly, Aurier wanted to give away his customary penalty and Eriksen was sh1t. When Eriksen is sh1t, the team tends to follow.

Get CL qualification done first, everything else is fluff.

We have enough of a cushion on 5th and a reasonable enough fixture list to put our focus on the semi, after the weekend we can give the remaining league games our full focus

We have enough of a cushion on 5th and a reasonable enough fixture list to put our focus on the semi, after the weekend we can give the remaining league games our full focus

C’mon, is it ever enough of a cushion for Spurs, Redknapp threw away a 13 point lead with 3 to play.

C’mon, is it ever enough of a cushion for Spurs, Redknapp threw away a 13 point lead with 3 to play.

We rightly have our focus on the cup game at this moment - if you disagree with that fine but my post was not aimed at people who wanted us to focus on a game v Brighton over an FA Cup semi final v Man Utd

Last edited:
No excuses. Team selection tonight was bad. Don't get why Kane played.
I guess it was decided he couldn’t do with finding his rhythm / get a couple of goals. The selection was reasonable, game time for those with something to prove but not a reserve team who were more than capable of getting a result. We prioritized the semi and it’s not like we lost at home to West Brom with our best x1

I guess it was decided he couldn’t do with finding his rhythm / get a couple of goals. The selection was reasonable, game time for those with something to prove but not a reserve team who were more than capable of getting a result. We prioritized the semi and it’s not like we lost at home to West Brom with our best x1

Poch’s said that he wasn’t prioritising this game, that the changes were all due to fatigue. He also said this game was more important than the one on Saturday.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-league-match-report?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Back