• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

If he doesn't knuckle down now his career will be over before it starts

Think it already is. He will go somewhere like Ipswich score a couple of decent goals, get sold to a bottom half prem team, play a season getting dropped all the time but scoring the odd goal. He will got to Italy and play for Bari, score a couple of goals but get released before his contract finishes he will then move to a league 1 team. He will then leave on a free to a league 2 USA team where he will start up a gangster rap studio. He will retire completely for the game aged 26.

Think it already is. He will go somewhere like Ipswich score a couple of decent goals, get sold to a bottom half prem team, play a season getting dropped all the time but scoring the odd goal. He will got to Italy and play for Bari, score a couple of goals but get released before his contract finishes he will then move to a league 1 team. He will then leave on a free to a league 2 USA team where he will start up a gangster rap studio. He will retire completely for the game aged 26.
But in a curious twist of fate, Edwards rap career goes into overdrive and he becomes one of the biggest hip-hop stars on the planet. He returns two years later to headline the Saturday night on the pyramid stage at Glastonbury. He performs his full set in an Arsenal away jersey and his stage show incorporates a mock execution of a small bald man.

Last edited:
But in a curious twist of fate, Edwards rap career goes into overdrive and he becomes one of the biggest hip-hop stars on the planet. He returns two years later to headline on the Saturday night on the pyramid stage at Glastonbury. He performs his full set in an Arsenal away jersey and his stage show incorporates a mock execution of a small bald man.

Until it all goes wrong as he is appointed Manager of England Ladies

Until it all goes wrong as he is appointed Manager of England Ladies

Sacked from that gig for sexting and groping his charges, he finds favour with the US alt-right and swiftly secures the Republican presidential nomination. He leaves office with only two achievements: beating Trump's record for tweets, and scuppering the NFL London franchise talks.

Though it was certainly a disappointing loan spell, a certain striker we've got had one just like it at Norwich when he was 19. Edwards went there injured and struggled to get fit. And by the time he did, Norwich had dropped so far off, they were rooted in mid-table, which gave them no reason to develop one of our young players over one of their own. Obviously, nobody knows anything about what happened off the pitch, but if you followed what Farke said about him, it seemed like he really did knuckle down and was improving.

Mar 12: "Marcus Edwards is still not where we want him with his attitude against the ball. He is improving." #ncfc

April 1: “I would prefer to give Marcus some minutes when we are winning the game,” said the City head coach. “I got the feeling, ‘No, he deserved it because he has improved a lot in the training and this was a game to take the risk.’

For me, the most likely outcome is that there was just no reason for Norwich to use him in one of their last six games of the year. They're not making the playoffs, they're not getting relegated, so why would they do us a favor by giving one of our young players minutes over one of their own? So if he's not playing games, why not come back to Spurs and play for the u23's and maybe, just maybe steal a couple minutes near the end of the season once we have nothing to play for except (praying hands) an FA Cup Final?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 11.01.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 11.01.06 AM.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 20
One more thing with Edwards that really bugs me is how people from the outside consistently attack his character without any proof of wrongdoing. Like, I saw some compare him to Ravel Morrison, which is insane. At the same age, RM had been accused of serious crimes (domestic abuse, witness intimidation), been fined by his club, and had forced his way out of Manchester United. From all accounts, Edwards has never been in trouble with the law, hasn't ever been suspended/fined by the club for disciplinary behavior, and has never went AWOL to force a move or anything like that. When he could have gotten better deals elsewhere, he signed a 3-year contract to stay with us, then destroyed all comers in u23 football and was a key member of an England u19 World Cup Winner.

It might be because I'm American, and we're kind of used to many of our young athletes acting like dingdongheads, or in many cases, committing actual crimes, but so much of the hysteria about Edwards seems so unearned. Sure, he needs to work harder on the defensive side of the game, but what attacking midfielder doesn't at that age? It feels like some Spurs fans want him to fail, which is crazy, because Edwards has a rare skill-set that is different to any other player we've produced in recent years.

For me, this summer is going to be so much more important than anything that happened at Norwich. It's the time that guys like Mason and Winks first impressed Poch, and I'm hoping that Onomah and Edwards will have decently clear England schedules so they can join in and make an impact.

Hmm. That's disappointing to say the least. Lets wait and see though before people all jump on the "attitude" bandwagon.

Personal reasons could mean things outside of football too.

Well folks can believe what they want but i can ASSURE you he went in there with a " big billy gonad*s" attitude and it did not go down well ( and nor should it), and from what i was told last night it did not improve that much.

There may be " personal " reasons as well but his attitude stuck the place out, as others have said IF he fails to relise that then he will disappear like other promising players have in the past.

We shall see.

Well folks can believe what they want but i can ASSURE you he went in there with a " big billy gonads" attitude and it did not go down well ( and nor should it), and from what i was told last night it did not improve that much.

There may be " personal " reasons as well but his attitude stuck the place out, as others have said IF he fails to relise that then he will disappear like other promising players have in the past.

We shall see.
And I've been told he left us with a "big billy gonad*s" attitude, before he went there.

Well, if this is true, this isn't great. However, I'd rather wait to hear from someone who is closer to the club or from Poch himself. I find it very hard to believe that Farke would use a spot on the bench for a loan player who NEVER came on time to a single training session.

The fact that he comes off shy doesn't bother me at all. He always seems that way in interviews. Plus, he seemed to be close with James Maddison on social media, who he'd likely have known from England.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.01.09 PM.png

When was the last time the loan of a 20 yr old player, never closer than the periphery of the first team, has had this level of media coverage?
It’s no wonder the kid believes his own hype (if indeed he does).

When was the last time the loan of a 20 yr old player, never closer than the periphery of the first team, has had this level of media coverage?
It’s no wonder the kid believes his own hype (if indeed he does).

It's pretty common, to be honest. Every big club (Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, City, even Everton) has their academy wonderkids that people are excited about, especially attackers. I'm also not sure this is a huge story outside of Spurs fans who follow the academy, anyway. It's not like he's gotten loads of articles written about him or done a bunch of media like guys like Phil Foden, Sancho, Angel Gomes, etc have.

It's interesting that the Club hasn't made a big deal about Edwards' re-signing or that he was coming back from Norwich. Feel like they're pretty focused on keeping the hype down if they can.

The turning up late for every single training session line is pretty much what everyone thought.

We all knew something was up as soon as he went on loan. Poch doesnt loan out the players he wants to keep.

One more thing with Edwards that really bugs me is how people from the outside consistently attack his character without any proof of wrongdoing. Like, I saw some compare him to Ravel Morrison, which is insane. At the same age, RM had been accused of serious crimes (domestic abuse, witness intimidation), been fined by his club, and had forced his way out of Manchester United. From all accounts, Edwards has never been in trouble with the law, hasn't ever been suspended/fined by the club for disciplinary behavior, and has never went AWOL to force a move or anything like that. When he could have gotten better deals elsewhere, he signed a 3-year contract to stay with us, then destroyed all comers in u23 football and was a key member of an England u19 World Cup Winner.

It might be because I'm American, and we're kind of used to many of our young athletes acting like dingdongheads, or in many cases, committing actual crimes, but so much of the hysteria about Edwards seems so unearned. Sure, he needs to work harder on the defensive side of the game, but what attacking midfielder doesn't at that age? It feels like some Spurs fans want him to fail, which is crazy, because Edwards has a rare skill-set that is different to any other player we've produced in recent years.

For me, this summer is going to be so much more important than anything that happened at Norwich. It's the time that guys like Mason and Winks first impressed Poch, and I'm hoping that Onomah and Edwards will have decently clear England schedules so they can join in and make an impact.

Very well said. I just don't know what to believe and could see myself believing the rumours about his attitude, but this post has reminded me that until we hear something definitive, it's best to support the kid rather than write him off. The actual quotes from the Norwich manager painted a picture of a poor attitude on the pitch, not off it. Being introverted can appear as disinterested. Either way, I think in Poch we have the person that can work it out.

I am going to say something controversial, but why do we constantly hear rumours of bad attitudes of young players that are from minorities, and actually far fewer instances from white players? Is there an unconscious bias going on?

For example, Ravel Morrison, Nile Ranger, Taarabt, Jermaine Pennant, even Sterling. Bendtner apparently also, yet his behaviour is laughed off as comical with the Lord Bendtner thing. When do we hear of the bad attitudes of white players? Normally when they are more experienced and therefore are harder to drop (Terry, Barton, Bellamy). Just a thought. Perhaps my unconscious bias training is spotting things that aren't there.

I am going to say something controversial, but why do we constantly hear rumours of bad attitudes of young players that are from minorities, and actually far fewer instances from white players? Is there an unconscious bias going on?

For example, Ravel Morrison, Nile Ranger, Taarabt, Jermaine Pennant, even Sterling. Bendtner apparently also, yet his behaviour is laughed off as comical with the Lord Bendtner thing. When do we hear of the bad attitudes of white players? Normally when they are more experienced and therefore are harder to drop (Terry, Barton, Bellamy). Just a thought. Perhaps my unconscious bias training is spotting things that aren't there.

I see what your getting at and the might some truth to what you are hinting at. But for me it is more then skin colour it is their appearance. I would fully believe tripper is a nasty piece of work just because of the stupid ink all over his arms. When I have only ever heard poch say nice things about him as a footballer, man and father.

Whenever I see anyone behaving "urban" white or black I cross the road.

Now as for Terry and Barton if you think about their age and that they are council estate scum I could fully believe they are racist pieces of brick. I think the current generation of white council estate kids are less likely to be racist due to our multicultural society. Still very likely to be fcuking macarons though.

I grew up on a council estate in wood green. To be honest some of the behaviour I had in my early and mid teens was racist looking back. Growing up and going out into the real world you lose it unless you are a cnut, which brings us back to Terry and Barton. Yes we used to use the N word growing up and you used to say you were going to the P shop. But normal people realised sometime in the 90s to stop it.

I see what your getting at and the might some truth to what you are hinting at. But for me it is more then skin colour it is their appearance. I would fully believe tripper is a nasty piece of work just because of the stupid ink all over his arms. When I have only ever heard poch say nice things about him as a footballer, man and father.

Whenever I see anyone behaving "urban" white or black I cross the road.

Now as for Terry and Barton if you think about their age and that they are council estate scum I could fully believe they are racist pieces of brick. I think the current generation of white council estate kids are less likely to be racist due to our multicultural society. Still very likely to be fcuking macarons though.

I grew up on a council estate in wood green. To be honest some of the behaviour I had in my early and mid teens was racist looking back. Growing up and going out into the real world you lose it unless you are a cnut, which brings us back to Terry and Barton. Yes we used to use the N word growing up and you used to say you were going to the P shop. But normal people realised sometime in the 90s to stop it.

That's very honest of you and I have to say, I too when confronted with anyone behaving "urban" as you say, look to keep a bit of distance. It's a bit shocking I know, but is it that prejudging that predicates us spotting bad behaviour in younger players? The fact that minorities are more likely to be in council estates, mean that that sort of behaviour is spotted younger and reinforces the stereotype. Whereas, a Terry or Barton is just termed as a "grafter", "cynical", "enforcer". Until they do something really stupid later on in their careers, and then they are rightly criticised.

I guess when it comes down to it, I would say that we need to give Edwards a chance and not necessarily draw comparisons to Ravel M et al. He is his own person, and just because he is silent does not mean he is aloof. At the end of the day, he is considered an exceptional talent. If we don't help him, we also lose out as well as him. We're not seeing lots of stories about him going out on the town, hanging around with the wrong people and generally being a nuisance. Instead what we are seeing is someone who allegedly doesn't turn up to meetings on time, is quiet, has authority issues and no doubt wants to be playing at the top level regularly. Up until now he's breezed through the levels, so has never really experienced severe disappointment.

Back