• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

So I will stand by what I said that there is no such thing as “winning mentality.” There is just self-belief and a never-say-die attitude.

At lot of people would say self-belief and a never-say-die attitude is what makes a winning mentality.

They do. But you cannot extend that to say that winning mentality means winning things.

Agreed, which is why I think they are different things. A winning mentality is not enough to win against a team with more talent. So winning things is not a measure of winning mentality.

Have you met/seen many celebrities footballers etc ?... their agents must be talking some gaff when they give their details across. It seems like they add a couple of inches on their details ... either that i just morph instantly into someone taller
I'm 6'1" and I'm comfortably taller than John Terry who has always claimed to be that height. He's definitely less than 6'

I'm 6'1" and I'm comfortably taller than John Terry who has always claimed to be that height. He's definitely less than 6'
I remember meeting Les Ferdinand in All Bar One on Chiswick High Road about 25 years ago and he wasn't as tall as I was expecting. I too am over six foot, and he was quite a lot smaller than me. He always looked tall in the line ups before a game though!

I remember meeting Les Ferdinand in All Bar One on Chiswick High Road about 25 years ago and he wasn't as tall as I was expecting. I too am over six foot, and he was quite a lot smaller than me. He always looked tall in the line ups before a game though!
Conversely, I spotted David Beckham a few times around Manchester in the mid-90s and he seemed much taller (and generally heftier) thank he looked on TV.

Also bumped into (literally) Raimond van der Gouw in Camden Market once. He was massive. I say "bumped into" but it was more like "bounced off".

Ok there is too big a divide on the definition of winning mentality to come to any agreement. So let's switch up the debate a little.

To those that don't think we have a winning mentality - of the current EPL sides, which one do you look at and say "I wish we had their mentality"?

Ok there is too big a divide on the definition of winning mentality to come to any agreement. So let's switch up the debate a little.

To those that don't think we have a winning mentality - of the current EPL sides, which one do you look at and say "I wish we had their mentality"?

Just. let. it. die.

Poch is having a house built to his requirements at Hotspur Way, which is good news for the long term. It's being screened by trees so you can't see the training ground and visa versa, so he doesn't feel like he's still at work when he goes home.

Poch is having a house built to his requirements at Hotspur Way, which is good news for the long term. It's being screened by trees so you can't see the training ground and visa versa, so he doesn't feel like he's still at work when he goes home.
Is one of his requirements a customised dartboard in the shape of Michael Owen?

That is pretty big news, I did not know that. Is there more info?

That is pretty big news, I did not know that. Is there more info?
It's going to be Mock Tudor, three bedrooms (pull out sofa in the living room for guests too drunk to drive home) and he's insisting on a microwave in the upstairs loo. It's an Argentinian thing so they can heat up an empanada while they take a dump.

That's not true, is it?

Back