• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

Well, we made really hard work of that, they are brick, they have been spanked a few times lately by teams weaker than us.

I hope Poch reads them the riot act.

Great stuff. said I would take a 1-0 or 2-1 win, and I will, dug in, looked like we certain to concede late on...old Spurs would have, not this one.

Well done, oh and so Stoke RUFC. "We''ll never play you again, we'll never play you again, f#ck off to the Championship, we'll never play you again"

Hard fought win, well done lads. I remember a time when going to Stoke meant being bullied out of the game, they still try but we're made of much stronger stuff now.

COYS

Get in.

Thought we were really really poor. Never controlled the game but we fudging won and that’s the difference between this spurs team and some others.

Jan and Dembele were great. Rose was decent and Aurier was okay. The rest were mediocre.

Job done though.
Pretty much this. Alli was not bad too.

Last edited:
This was always going to be a very very tough game. Scrapping, Stoke returning a bit to their "mean" performances of the last decade, Kane, Rose, Wanyama and Aurier all coming in, Hazza in particular using this game to find match fitness and get up to speed before SF I imagine...I thought this was a very, very good win, the sort of win Fergie used to grab several times a season and which we have now learned how to achieve ourselves. One note - I LOVE Eric Dier, but must say that has to have been one of the poorest sub appearances he has ever made!!!! No matter, every player will have off-moments, at least he kept fighting and working, ditto Hugo who did have a touch of bad luck but looked wholly unsure of his "clearance". I will say that experience will teach Davo to continue the run behind Hugo just as security even though it looked all the way a clearance - he stopped running back as he (like us all) was sure it was being cleared. Next time. Overall, delighted. Onwards and let's at least finish 3rd!

Not the best performance. Lloris with a other error. Starting to be a worry . Dier did his best to scupper our win when he came on.

Dembele, son and Kane poor today.

Wins a wins I guess. Hope Stoke go down. Dirty clams

Yeah that was pretty poor from us. I guess credit for ‘digging in’ although really on another day we could have quite easily lost it.

We just didn’t manage the game, and kept making poor decisions. Even Eriksen trying to ping a cross field ball in the 85th minute when we can just hold possession. Dier doing one of his customary own half give aways that very easily could have lost us 2 points. Son showing why he is a good but not great player. Kane ok - improved as the game went on.

I thought Sanchez, Jan, Dembele and Dele were very good. Everyone else was ok. Lloris....I guess you could call it unlucky but to me it felt lazy. Make sure that clearance goes anywhere else bar the oppositions body. It felt like a microcosm of what the team was like generally today. Lazy in their decision making, lacking ruthlessness to exploit the space we had. It’s why I thought Dele was great - resisting the urge to square it to Kane because it was the obvious ball, having the patience to wait for Eriksen to arrive. Tactically we were set up fine, we just neither took advantage or managed it appropriately.

Still, a win. We’ll need to be much better than that to win the cup though.

This was always going to be a very very tough game. Scrapping, Stoke returning a bit to their "mean" performances of the last decade, Kane, Rose, Wanyama and Aurier all coming in, Hazza in particular using this game to find match fitness and get up to speed before SF I imagine...I thought this was a very, very good win, the sort of win Fergie used to grab several times a season and which we have now learned how to achieve ourselves. One note - I LOVE Eric Dier, but must say that has to have been one of the poorest sub appearances he has ever made!!!! No matter, every player will have off-moments, at least he kept fighting and working, ditto Hugo who did have a touch of bad luck but looked wholly unsure of his "clearance". I will say that experience will teach Davo to continue the run behind Hugo just as security even though it looked all the way a clearance - he stopped running back as he (like us all) was sure it was being cleared. Next time. Overall, delighted. Onwards and let's at least finish 3rd!

I reckon Dier has made one of those brain fart give aways now 5 times this season. I’m stunned it hasn’t actually cost us points. It’s a give away in the worst possible position and he keeps doing it.

Get in.

Thought we were really really poor. Never controlled the game but we fudging won and that’s the difference between this spurs team and some others.

Jan and Dembele were great. Rose was decent and Aurier was okay. The rest were mediocre.

Job done though.
Alli did some really good stuff, and got clattered a lot too. Very good composure for the first goal. He's a top class player.

Not the best performance. Lloris with a other error. Starting to be a worry . Dier did his best to scupper our win when he came on.

Dembele, son and Kane poor today.

Wins a wins I guess. Hope Stoke go down. Dirty clams
Dembele? He was our best player IMO.

I’ve had my doubts about Hugo as captain for a long time. I’m now beginning to have doubts about him full stop. Without that error we go on and win that 2 or 3-0, no sweat.

Anyhow, job just about done.

Back