• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2017/18

Bournemouth v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

I really fancied Juventus before their Champions League win over Tottenham on Wednesday.

Everyone had got really carried away with Spurs' performance in the first leg but Juve do not have any bad days and they were far too good a team to be written off.

Tottenham still have the right to be disappointed with how that tie went, though, because they did not do very much wrong.

They can take out their sense of injustice on Bournemouth, who I fear might face a bit of a backlash here.

The Cherries were denied victory by Riyad Mahrez's 97th-minute equaliser for Leicester last week but I don't think they will find themselves in a similar position this time around.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Bournemouth v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

I really fancied Juventus before their Champions League win over Tottenham on Wednesday.

Everyone had got really carried away with Spurs' performance in the first leg but Juve do not have any bad days and they were far too good a team to be written off.

Tottenham still have the right to be disappointed with how that tie went, though, because they did not do very much wrong.

They can take out their sense of injustice on Bournemouth, who I fear might face a bit of a backlash here.

The Cherries were denied victory by Riyad Mahrez's 97th-minute equaliser for Leicester last week but I don't think they will find themselves in a similar position this time around.

Normal service has been resumed!

Swansea v Tottenham (FA Cup, 12:15 GMT)

Harry Kane is out for a few weeks, but I think Tottenham have shown now that they can manage without him - they certainly did against Bournemouth when he went off.

Part of the reason for that is the fabulous form of Son Heung-min and, when you look at Tottenham now, he has joined Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen as a really key part of their attacking threat.

It will be interesting to see what Mauricio Pochettino does with his forward line in Kane's absence, and if Fernando Llorente comes into the starting line-up, because he has not made much of an impact this season.

Swansea, meanwhile, got a great draw at Huddersfield when you consider how early they went down to 10 men. They defended brilliantly.

This is probably a more important game for Pochettino than it would have been following Tottenham's exit from the Champions League and I would expect him to go with a strong line-up, especially as we are heading into an international break.

But Swansea will not make it easy for them and I think they will go the distance in this tie.

There are no replays now we are into the FA Cup quarter-finals so it will be decided on the day, and I think Spurs will edge it - just.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2 after extra time

Swansea v Tottenham (FA Cup, 12:15 GMT)

Harry Kane is out for a few weeks, but I think Tottenham have shown now that they can manage without him - they certainly did against Bournemouth when he went off.

Part of the reason for that is the fabulous form of Son Heung-min and, when you look at Tottenham now, he has joined Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen as a really key part of their attacking threat.

It will be interesting to see what Mauricio Pochettino does with his forward line in Kane's absence, and if Fernando Llorente comes into the starting line-up, because he has not made much of an impact this season.

Swansea, meanwhile, got a great draw at Huddersfield when you consider how early they went down to 10 men. They defended brilliantly.

This is probably a more important game for Pochettino than it would have been following Tottenham's exit from the Champions League and I would expect him to go with a strong line-up, especially as we are heading into an international break.

But Swansea will not make it easy for them and I think they will go the distance in this tie.

There are no replays now we are into the FA Cup quarter-finals so it will be decided on the day, and I think Spurs will edge it - just.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2 after extra time
Who broke Lawro???

Chelsea v Tottenham (16:00 BST)

This is Chelsea's big chance to narrow the gap on Tottenham in the race for the top four, and it feels like a game they have to win if they are going overhaul them.

It should be a lively one because there is not much love lost between the two teams.

They will both be raring to go after the international break because they are both out of Europe, but I am going to go with Chelsea to win it.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Stoke v Tottenham

This is a big game for Stoke, who have lost their past three matches and are stuck in the bottom three.

After this weekend, they only have two home games left - against Crystal Palace and Swansea - and their away form is dreadful, so you would think they definitely need to get something out of this one.

The question is how can they do it? At the risk of repeating myself every time I speak about the Potters, I don't know who is going to score the goals they need.

They have only managed four goals in the past eight games, and Xherdan Shaqiri has got three of them. They desperately need more from their strikers.

Tottenham got a super result against Chelsea last time out, especially because it was the Blues who looked more like winning until Christian Eriksen equalised.

It was a big deal for Spurs to go on and win it after waiting 28 years for a victory at Stamford Bridge and they had more good news with Harry Kane coming back from injury.

Kane will be even closer to full fitness after another week of training and it is safe to say that goals are something that this Spurs team does not lack.

Tottenham v Emirates Marketing Project (19:45 BST)

Tottenham were not having a good spell when they got hammered 4-1 by City earlier in the season, but things are very different now.

I think City would take a draw after the week they have had. That will delay the title party a little longer, but they are still going to win the league - it is just a matter of time.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Tottenham v Emirates Marketing Project (19:45 BST)

Tottenham were not having a good spell when they got hammered 4-1 by City earlier in the season, but things are very different now.

I think City would take a draw after the week they have had. That will delay the title party a little longer, but they are still going to win the league - it is just a matter of time.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1
1+1 = 2-0

d0038e8c-bc7d-449f-b5a1-83f0a63bf2c6.png

Back