• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

With being World Cup year I don’t expect too much in or out as it’s bloody hard to manage

I think that's why we got Moura in 6 months early. Poch said as much. I reckon he and Sessegnon will be our two big pieces of business this year.

The lower profile likes of Lopez and Arp/Brereton will then make up the rest of the summer activity.

I think that's why we got Moura in 6 months early. Poch said as much. I reckon he and Sessegnon will be our two big pieces of business this year.

The lower profile likes of Lopez and Arp/Brereton will then make up the rest of the summer activity.
£1000 you're wrong.:cool:

My perfect Summer would be: ( in my fantasy football mind )

Out:
Sissoko 24m ( for his own good ) he can stay and be a squad player.
Rose 50m ( if we get a big bid )
Janssen 20m ( its not going to work for him with us )

In:
Sessegnon 40m
Bale 65m ( bing bang for the start of our new stadium ) I know its unlikely given his wage and age. But its nice to dream we could bring in a star to maybe help push us over the edge.
Young Striker 20m

24m spent in total.

I'd go

Out:
Sissoko 15m
Nkoudou 10m
Janssen 15m
Llorente 5m
Vorm Release/Retire

= £45m

In:
Sessegnon 40m
Arp/Brereton 15m
Lopez Free agent
Onomah Loan return

= £55m

I'm undecided about what to do re Trippier and promoting Walker-Peters

sell
Llorente - 10
Sissoko - 20
Alderwerield - 40
N'koudou - 10
Janssen - 20

100m

buy
Malcom
Sessegnon
CB & CM of some description

PL loans for Onomah and KWP

Out:

Sissoko £25m
Nkoudou £10m
Janssen £15m
Rose £45m (expected, rather than want)

= £95m

In:
Young forward £30m
Dembele-heir £35m
Left back £30m
Young english GK £20m (I dont like using 3 overseas spots in CL squads on keepers)

= £115m

Then if TA leaves, use all the proceeds on his replacement

Out:

Sissoko £25m
Nkoudou £10m
Janssen £15m
Rose £45m (expected, rather than want)

= £95m

Then if TA leaves, use all the proceeds on his replacement

Add Llorente to the out list, probably one of Onamah, KWP or Edwards (see at least one going) = ~£110m

My in's

LB = £35M
Eriksen cover = £45M (I'd break our records here, I think we are terribly vulnerable to Eriksen injury)
Young forward or Son type that can play striker/winger = £35m

Total = £115m

I agree with the TA comment

I'd also add, I suspect with new stadium, new sponsors, potential CL again, I would not be surprised to see us break the mold and get a marque type signing (just good PR, even if not a big name but promising player with some ties, e.g. Pulisic with his US ties).

Add Llorente to the out list, probably one of Onamah, KWP or Edwards (see at least one going) = ~£110m

Really depends on how match-ready and used to the PL the incoming CF is. I could see a situation, for example, where we sign someone from overseas who is 18-22 and we keep Llorente for another year - in fact, I think thats more likely than us selling both Llorente and Janssen this summer

Not sure about Omonah, KWP and Edwards either. We see hte first-teamers week in, week out so harder to gauge...it wouldnt surprise me if we loaned them all out and gave them all another year

I'd go

Out:
Sissoko 15m
Nkoudou 10m
Janssen 15m
Llorente 5m
Vorm Release/Retire

= £45m

In:
Sessegnon 40m
Arp/Brereton 15m
Lopez Free agent
Onomah Loan return

= £55m

I'm undecided about what to do re Trippier and promoting Walker-Peters
You’re undecided about Trippier? How about you wait for Aurier to actually prove himself to be a better RB than Trippier before you think about selling him....

You’re undecided about Trippier? How about you wait for Aurier to actually prove himself to be a better RB than Trippier before you think about selling him....

That's what I meant. If Aurier nails the last 10 games, then we could sell Trippier. If not, we are left with a difficult situation with KWP.

Got the perfect song for Bale if he returns.

Listen to the Chorus

We sing Bale in stead of Ay yo.

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?

I'll get my coat. . . . . .

Got the perfect song for Bale if he returns.

Listen to the Chorus

We sing Bale in stead of Ay yo.

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?

I'll get my coat. . . . . .

I don’t even think Bastille sing Bastille ....

Who is Lopez?

Pau Lopez. He's Spain's U21 GK and was our 3rd choice last season on loan from Espanyol. We let him go back to Espanyol this season but he's out of contract in the summer. Poch and Jimenez are supposedly massive fans (its in Poch's book) and see him as Lloris' long term successor.

That's what I meant. If Aurier nails the last 10 games, then we could sell Trippier. If not, we are left with a difficult situation with KWP.

Erm, there’s more chance of my mum signing for Barca than there is of Trippier being sold.

Back