• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Mate, you are picking a point in time

- Over the period Klopp & Mourinho have been in charge of thier clubs, Poch has out performed them, by season, and I'm sure in total points/GD/everything to this moment.
- This despite significantly more gross spend, and both clubs having 2X or better wage structure
- How a team plays vs. points they pick up in any given short stretch is usually an indicator of what long term result is (Manure has been lucky, Pool less so, Salad has been a big factor for them)

I've said it before, you are measure by return on investment - United has one of the supposedly elite 3 managers in the world, de Gea, Matic, Pogba, Zlatan, Sanchez, Mata, Lukaku, Carrick, Martial, Lingard, Blind, etc. If they manage to finish 2-3 points ahead of us in table having spent 300M on players, with 3X wages and playing football that makes my eyes bleed, I won't say that's an achievement.

Lets be clear (and fans may not like it)

- Poch's goal at the beginning of the season is to secure a CL spot = we still have our fate in our hands
- Pool (for last 20+ years) and United are supposed to be winning the PL and/or deep run in CL = not even close, neither of them were ever at the races.

The arguments against both managers are quite logical
- Jose is a wrecking ball that gets short term results at the cost of significant drama (works for some clubs)
- If Klopp had spent a little more time focusing on defense with Salad's season they would have been in the running for title (just naïve, missed opportunity)

I'm not saying Poch is beyond reproach, I'm just not sure expecting results greater than we have based on wages/squad/expenditure is realistic for us, where for those two, you could easily say they should be further.

Do not get me wrong, i think Poch is the best manager we have had here since KB was doing the job and i am not having a go. My point is that ALL fans of ALL clubs call the teams around them or above them and slate their managers and players and its usually gonad*s and our fans are just as bad as the others.

Do not get me wrong, i think Poch is the best manager we have had here since KB was doing the job and i am not having a go. My point is that ALL fans of ALL clubs call the teams around them or above them and slate their managers and players and its usually gonads and our fans are just as bad as the others.

Except Pool ... Pool is the runway leader of the deluded fans league. Everyone else is fighting for 2nd place.

I think something happened to him in Madrid. They didn't love him over there and it was the first time he had experienced that. It made him very bitter whereas up to that he was kind of amusing. I always got the impression the dingdonghead act in his earlier years was just that, an act, but after Madrid that basically became his personality..

Exactly. In his first stint at Chelsea he played the mind games, but there seemed to be some wit and humour behind it. It made him come over as likeable which worked well with the players and press. Since Madrid he has become bitter and nasty, which makes the mind games less effective.

At Chelsea Shaw might have thought the criticism a game to make him a better player and with the more positive atmosphere made an effort. Now at United he will put it down to Mourinho being nasty because he can and hope that the managerial change comes soon.

Handing out song sheets, oh please let that happen....:D

Mourinho will be demanding songs of praise.

Manchester United are considering handing out song sheets to supporters at home games to improve the atmosphere at Old Trafford. José Mourinho has complained about the atmosphere on several occasions since taking over 22 months ago.

Last month the United manager described Old Trafford as a “quiet stadium”, comparing it unfavourably with the noise generated at Portsmouth’s Fratton Park. Club officials accept that the atmosphere is not good enough and they have asked fans to come up with ways to make Old Trafford noisier.

One suggestion, which the club are pondering, involves printing out the lyrics to United chants and handing them to supporters before they enter the ground. Another option is to have the lyrics to the songs printed in the match-day programme or posting them on the club’s website so that fans who attend fewer games know the words before they get to the stadium. United plan to conduct a survey of supporters in the close season.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...-improve-atmosphere-at-old-trafford-lmqwb8nfq

He's likely on his way.

If you didn't know him, you'd deem his social media posting unthinkable. But as it is...

_100527677_capture.jpg

Not only did Ferguson leave, David Gill left his position as chief executive at the same time. Ferguson's departure would have been hard enough to manage anyway, but this left them starting pretty much from scratch. Ferguson was the last of the old fashioned club managers who controlled everything at the club, not only managing the first team.

Even Arsenal have started restructuring their organisation in preparation for Arsene Wenger's eventual departure. Man United should have course have done the same thing a couple of years before Ferguson left. But since this initiative would have to come from the man himself, it was of course out of the question, since Ferguson never would have accepted relinquishing control of any aspect of the club's running.

Back