• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

IT.IS.NOT.NONSENSE.

I saw it. Im not the only one. Just because you did not see it, it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

The instance I most clearly recall was Eriksen. Coming in from the left. Sissoko runs onto the CB. Eriksen shapes to pass to him (seen the shirt) looks up and then instantly checks back straight into a cul-de-sac. I wish I could remember the specific game because I could show it to you.

I assure you, it happened. And not in a "he doesnt understand the game/his bias is informing him/he misunderstood what happened" way, but in a "holy fudge that player clearly did not want to pass to him" way.

It was clear as day, and as I said - shocking.

It wasnt the only time either.

That all being said - Ive also recognised it has stopped now. It doesnt mean it didnt happen, only that it doesnt happen now.
Maybe Eriksen saw that Sissoko had pushed forward, nobody had covered his position and the opposing full back had pushed up to give the opposition an easy 2 on 1 if the centre half had tackled Sissoko.

I saw Eriksen choose not to pass to Lamela a couple of times at the weekend. I could deduce that Eriksen doesn't want to give Lamela the ball as he thinks he is brick, but it's far more likely that Eriksen has deduced that he is better holding on to it as our shape isnt right.

I'm not saying that either of the above two scenarios were the actual reason why the players didn't get passed to, just that none of us have all of the knowledge here.... unlike Poch, who is trained to have the knowledge and is reportedly extremely studious in how he continually studies the footage of our games.

Last edited:
You are putting a hell of a lot of words in peoples mouths there, and then arguing against it. Its a straw man situation, setting up an imaginary argument to which you can then respond.

And there is a very selective nature to what you choose to remember or respond too.

This is why I think youre simply on a mission, and have lost sense of reality with this player.

I thought he was awful for that season. Its a plain statement. I could expand and say completely utterly awful to start, and just normal awful to finish, or even offer a game by game analysis of his awfulness - but it really shouldnt be necessary. I thought he was awful and I stand by it.

This season he has had a couple of good games, a couple of "functional" games, and otherwise been poor again, for me.

As poor as last season? No. As poor now, as the beginning of this season? No. Good enough? Also no.

I simply do not see the player you so enthusiastically describe. Literally, straight after the game, Ill see you posting and wonder what the hell you are smoking.

It comes down to one of two things, IMO.

1) Fundamentally you are really easily pleased with a player, or
2) You've argued to such extremes you wont allow yourself to see anything negative in him, even when its right in front of you.

The irony being, of course, you are also the one calling for objectivity and for people to not exaggerate etc, and making accusations of people not being able to back down from an opinion.

Mate, where exactly in my post have I exaggerated anything? I've said he was really bad when he first joined, but those first really bad games does not accurately describe his level for the rest of his time here. And I am applying that not to specific people, but to a generally large amount of Spurs fans who still called Sissoko rubbish, brick, 'worst player I've ever seen play for Spurs' and 'can't trap a ball' well after the games in which he was really bad actually occurred. I'm making a point that, generally speaking, those early games have unfairly coloured a lot of people's opinions on him since those games occurred. I'm not putting words into anyone specifics mouth. You, individually, may want to say he was awful for the entire season, and that's fine. But I'm going to contend it's unfair to say he was awful when he wasn't on the pitch to prove otherwise. To say he offered up a full year of being rubbish is different, and harsher than saying he had a few bad early games and lost his place. That's the point I am making. If he was spazzing the ball off his shin in every game for a full season, then yes, that's a much different thing. But objectively speaking, I've watched him a lot and am pretty comfortable with most of his performances, and I certainly don't see the awfulness that has only just started to subside. He's been a good squad player near enough this whole season.

Maybe Eriksen saw that Sissoko had pushed forward, nobody had covered his position and the opposing full back had pushed up to give the opposition an easy 2 on 1 if the centre half had tackled Sissoko.

I saw Eriksen choose not to pass to Lamela a couple of times at the weekend. I could deduce that Eriksen doesn't want to give Lamela the ball as he thinks he is brick, but it's far more likely that Eriksen has deduced that he is better holding on to it as our shape isnt right.

I'm not saying that either of the above two scenarios were the actual reason why the players didn't get passed to, just that none of us have all of the knowledge here.... unlike Poch, who is trained to have the knowledge and is reportedly extremely studious in how he continually studies the footage of our games.

Seriously, if you saw it - you wouldnt be in doubt. It was that obvious.

I think he's far more suited to that role than further forward.

I thought this when we bought him, a few other people did too. You get the usual "but he doesn't play there" thing whenever you suggest a player moving position, as if players have never done this. Then, to be fair, Poch played him mainly as a wide attacker on the right and I forgot all about the notion of Sissoko being in the "two" infront of the defence. When you look at what he can do and what he can't do, imo it makes sense to either play him there or as a right wing-back when we use a back 3.

He's definitely been better overall, this season.

He made his name playing as a deep lying box-to-box midfielder at Toulouse. It was a more defensively minded role.

The attacking / winger conversion was a Saudi Sportswashing Machine and France experiment that only worked on the odd occasion.

Agreed, he is a hammer, not needle-nosed pliers. I'm glad we can finally put this 200 page argument to bed.

30 million ( our second highest outlay on a player )
95k per week ( only behind Kane on 100k a week )

What a waste for an average squad player.

In all seriousness, I’d say because of the way bonuses are structured, anyone playing regularly when Sissoko is probably earning way more than he is. And given that he’s actually played a fair bit this season and done well, it’s not the worst value for money.

The fee is a shame and a mistake, but Levy and Poch have to take the bear that cross.

And yes, as above, I’ve read 75k basic, he’s definitely not just 5 below Kane.

Last edited:

Where does the £95k pw come from?
I don’t for one moment believe he’s on that, certainly not as a basic. Maybe, if there’s any substance to it, it’s a figure that includes bonuses etc.
I had read he was on £60k pw, Although I cant remember the source.

Where does the £95k pw come from?
I don’t for one moment believe he’s on that, certainly not as a basic. Maybe, if there’s any substance to it, it’s a figure that includes bonuses etc.
I had read he was on £60k pw, Although I cant remember the source.

As always with the figures the media quote with us its based on the picture they are painting.
Kane is underpaid publish the basic wage
Sissoko was a waste of money post the wage including every possible bonus

Same with Transfer figures, depending on the agenda add or drop the add-ons from the figure you publish

Back