• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

After naming his first goal versus Swansea as the goal of the week, I heard a journo on the Game podcast say, Eriksen's left foot is better than most players right foot. True dat.

A5048.jpg

was keeper at fault for his goal. i get it that it had serious dip but PL keepers aren't supposed to be mersmerized by football more than us!
it was in the center of goal, loris would have put his hands there just to be safe.

was keeper at fault for his goal. i get it that it had serious dip but PL keepers aren't supposed to be mersmerized by football more than us!
it was in the center of goal, loris would have put his hands there just to be safe.

He never picked the flight of the ball ..

What makes the goal more impressive is Eriksen's interview after, his first shot was strait at the keeper and the keeper almost fudged it up, Eriksen realized he wasn't picking the flight, so he went for it a second time, this time with the swerve and dip ..

Point is he was off his line as you would mostly expect all keepers to have been from that distance. Maybe he miscalculated the flight of the ball and should have started back tracking earlier but even if he had the chances are he still would not have got back in time. It was the freakishness of the arc of the flight that did for him and would almost certainly have done for Courtois too.

No keeper would get close to that, stood that far out. The pace and the angle of the last minute trajectory of the dip killed Willy.

The ball moved initially, forcing the keeper to shift his body; it would have been impossible to recover the position and then move to make a save with the pace of that peach of a shot.

No keeper would get close to that, stood that far out. The pace and the angle of the last minute trajectory of the dip killed Willy.

The ball moved initially, forcing the keeper to shift his body; it would have been impossible to recover the position and then move to make a save with the pace of that peach of a shot.
I agree. It looks bad in slow motion for the goalie but the ball came down dramatically from quite a height to dip right under the crossbar. A dream goal for Spurs in every sense and amazingly I'm not even sure if that was my favourite goal in the match!

I just watched it back a few times and he hit it almost side footed. I can't do that technique myself but there is a kid on my team can hit it like that, and the ball hardly spins. The ball looks like it is going one way but veers back and ends up wrong footing goalies all the time. The lighter balls must help too. Knuckle ball the F2 boys call it I think (according to my youngest lad).

I just watched it back a few times and he hit it almost side footed. I can't do that technique myself but there is a kid on my team can hit it like that, and the ball hardly spins. The ball looks like it is going one way but veers back and ends up wrong footing goalies all the time. The lighter balls must help too. Knuckle ball the F2 boys call it I think (according to my youngest lad).

Yep, NBC pitch side interview post match they try to get him to describe the technique, he says a little.

The running narrative is similar to how all the players say Dembele is a beast in training, they all say Eriksen hits the craziest shots in training ...

Back