• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Jose wants Sessegnon according to the papers. I'd be suprised if that happens given that the lad can just look at what happened to his predecessor.

Well if Luke Shaw didn't move to United and broke his leg at Southampton whilst on a much much lower wage he'd potentially be in a worse situation - looking for a new club having not really shown his worth since returning from injury only having earned a fraction of what he has these past five years.

Although that's a possibility (as with any major injury), i wouldnt say that's confirmed. He has had very little playing time and his biggest issue is he is playing for a manager who treats him like a c.unt.

Which in anyone's book is worse than a double leg break. There is no way forward for him at United.

I don't know about the physiology of it, but at best he spent his year out eating pies, and has never got that timber off

Also wouldnt be surprised if it did happen though.

I think it would be a stupid decision, I think all sense would say move somewhere like us, but that doesnt stop players repeating these mistakes...
From what i hear Sessegnon (and his brother) have a pretty sensible team around him, so hopefully making sound footballing decisions.

Also it is rumoured that where he is going has already been decided??

Would be a massive shame if Sess goes to United, but I think he has a good head on his shoulders.

The thing is, if they actually have a first 11 spot for him most weeks, it's a good move for him to go there. He'll get paid more and maybe he'll do well under Jose like McTominay is doing.

But if there is any indication that he will have a clearer path to first 11 football here as opposed to there, and still goes there, I'd be gutted. He is so perfect for us. And we are so perfect for him to develop his career.

Would be a massive shame if Sess goes to United, but I think he has a good head on his shoulders.

The thing is, if they actually have a first 11 spot for him most weeks, it's a good move for him to go there. He'll get paid more and maybe he'll do well under Jose like McTominay is doing.

But if there is any indication that he will have a clearer path to first 11 football here as opposed to there, and still goes there, I'd be gutted. He is so perfect for us. And we are so perfect for him to develop his career.

Mourinho won't see next season out. Going there would be a massive gamble on who would be next and whether you fitted in with them. Given the pressure he will be under, I think that Mourinho will only look at the finished article this summer.

Well if Luke Shaw didn't move to United and broke his leg at Southampton whilst on a much much lower wage he'd potentially be in a worse situation - looking for a new club having not really shown his worth since returning from injury only having earned a fraction of what he has these past five years.

Indeed, look at Jay Rodriguez.

You have to take the chance when it comes.

At this stage we are looking like needing a few signings.

Vorm, Rose, Toby, Sissoko, Janssen will all need replacing.

Recouping about 120m for those five.

At this stage we are looking like needing a few signings.

Vorm, Rose, Toby, Sissoko, Janssen will all need replacing.

Recouping about 120m for those five.

Janssen - Llorente's here.
Sissoko - fair.
Toby - get a left-footed center-back.
Rose - get a left-back - a damn good one. Wendell, from Bayer Leverkusen, is one option. Possibly Jorge from AS Monaco as well. Sessegnon, as good as he is, doesn't seem like a left-back anymore.
Vorm - Pau Lopez is coming back, I'm fairly sure of that (like @Gutter Boy).

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/bu...etaalt-50-miljoen-voor-alderweireld~a6f37f21/

Roughly translated with google translate -
Who pays 50 million for Alderweireld?
TOTTENHAM PUTS RED DEVIL IN THE WINDOW

The plug out. Tottenham no longer insists on a contract extension for his most highly regarded defender, Toby Alderweireld (29). Too big gap between supply and demand, too much bickering. The Spurs will soon hope for a jackpot of around 50 million euros. Exit Toby.

Soon, with the Red Devils, Toby Alderweireld will undoubtedly get a question about his contractual situation. A death eater or a soothing answer will follow: "I'm happy at Tottenham." Or something like that. He would rather not kick too much, but whether he is still playing in North London next season is anything but a certainty. After all, conversations about a new contract have not turned out at all.

Wage ceiling
For the time being, the management of Tottenham is making no effort to open this agreement. Chairman Daniel Levy is not prepared to break the wage ceiling for one of his top defenders - no salary above 120,000 euros per week. Alderweireld is with a gross amount of 55,000 euros - without bonuses - one of the small earners and had in mind a store in line with the market. As one of the best central defenders in the Premier League, he would like to be rewarded for his status. That means: a salary that is more or less in line with that of other top defenders - with 180,000 euros - including bonuses - Virgil van Dijk is the best-paid backguard player. The Spurs do not want to go that far. They had liked to keep Alderweireld, but not at all costs. In January they finally pulled out the plug.

Tottenham is now busy with the post-Toby era. The impetus for possibly two more frustrating months with his employer. After all, the Spurs have a reputation for intimidating players who do not want to sign up. Generally, their loyal trainer is part of that story - see Kyle Walker last season, see Danny Rose now. Mauricio Pochettino uses players who no longer have a future à la carte. And the hamstring problems of Alderweireld - he stood for three and a half months on the side and then went through the Spartan training regime again a little ailment - have not helped him either.

At a press conference, a month ago, Pochettino continued to emphasize the age of Alderweireld (29): "We have to be careful not to risk his career." A week later, the Argentine Jan Vertonghen called his most constant pardon and he praised the praise of all other defenders in his core, except Alderweireld. All signs of irritation. For the time being he only showed him in the cup.

Option in contract
Alderweireld is still a good year. The club does have a one-sided option to extend that with a season until 2020, but it does activate a € 28 million start-up clause, which applies in a certain period of the summer of 2019. Levy wants to avoid that scenario. Rather than see Alderweireld go for free or for the above bargain price, he hopes to sell it this summer. For many millions of course. The highest bidder wins. He counts on at least 50 million. A few top clubs follow the situation, without concrete steps to date.

(you need to log in to see full article, link only gives you top 1/3rd)

Janssen - Llorente's here.
Sissoko - fair.
Toby - get a left-footed center-back.
Rose - get a left-back - a damn good one. Wendell, from Bayer Leverkusen, is one option. Possibly Jorge from AS Monaco as well. Sessegnon, as good as he is, doesn't seem like a left-back anymore.
Vorm - Pau Lopez is coming back, I'm fairly sure of that (like @Gutter Boy).
Will Vorm definitely leave?
I would probably keep Sissoko if I were Pochettino. He is a decent squad player and knows the system/his teammates etc.
Alderweireld will be the hardest to replace, although I haven’t given up all hope of him staying yet.

Back