• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I reckon he has priced himself out of a move. Who is going to pay him what he wants a week when he has played a handful of games in the last 14 months.

I´m not sure about that. Form is temporary, class is forever. So if Rose and his agents can convince a potential buyer that he just of form, the money to Spurs and to Rose will be there.

I´m not sure about that. Form is temporary, class is forever. So if Rose and his agents can convince a potential buyer that he just of form, the money to Spurs and to Rose will be there.

Somebody will buy him, will it be a top club for 50M+ ???

I absolutely hate that term. Its meaningless, and wrong.

At some point "form" becomes the permanent state, regardless of "class".

Not a dig at you, more a general "you know what really grinds my gears" kind of thing.

Although, specifically with Rose, his best performances make up a relatively temporary patch of form if you look across his career. The argument above, would suggest his "permanent class" is a lot lower than said "temporary form".

I absolutely hate that term. Its meaningless, and wrong.

At some point "form" becomes the permanent state, regardless of "class".

Not a dig at you, more a general "you know what really grinds my gears" kind of thing.

Although, specifically with Rose, his best performances make up a relatively temporary patch of form if you look across his career. The argument above, would suggest his "permanent class" is a lot lower than said "temporary form".

It might be wrong in your book, but in mine it is absolutely correct and comes from own experiences.

So, would you swap Rose for Shaw?

Rose. 27 so should be in his prime. Spent the last couple of seasons as arguably the top LB in the Prem. Know's Poch's system. Quick (when not on the pies), dynamic. Has suffered a few injuries but, to the best of my knowledge, nothing persistent. But Mars Bars aside, is he still hungry enough?

Shaw. 22 so has his best years ahead of him. In theory. Looked great at Southampton and was looking good at ManU until a serious leg break. Knows Poch's system but is probably a bit rusty. I don't think he's as quick as Rose. How much has the broken leg affected him physically? Should heal better than, say, a serious knee ligament injury. How much of it's in his head?

I wouldn't go for a straight swap. If Rose was to be sold, I'd like him to go abroad. But if ManU was the only option, I'd want some cash plus Shaw. Proven talent versus too many question marks.

Sooner or later form becomes terminal, usually with declining fitness etc - doesnt matter how permanent class is at that point, its useless.

Actually links into the Toby situation because at the end of next season what clubs would actually want him if he has not played for 18 months and at 30 years of age nearing 31 they will wonder if he can get top fitness back.

Maybe the power is swinging back towards the clubs a little bit. If I were Rose or Alderweld I would actually be thinking about accepting an offer from spurs and telling my agents they were not getting a big pay day.

Ah, anecdotal evidence. My favourite of all the "not actual evidence" evidences.

Well, for me it is an evidence because I know the background. Feel free to have any opinion about the evidence, because I give a sh*t about what you thing about it anyway.

Sad watching the second-half TBH...Rose roared into some great breakaway positions but couldn’t cross his shoelaces! The optimist tells me he might well find form with regular play...the pessimist tells me he is done.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I don't know what the case is with Danny, but two words for you that might perk you up: Mousa Dembele.

So, would you swap Rose for Shaw?

Rose. 27 so should be in his prime. Spent the last couple of seasons as arguably the top LB in the Prem. Know's Poch's system. Quick (when not on the pies), dynamic. Has suffered a few injuries but, to the best of my knowledge, nothing persistent. But Mars Bars aside, is he still hungry enough?

Shaw. 22 so has his best years ahead of him. In theory. Looked great at Southampton and was looking good at ManU until a serious leg break. Knows Poch's system but is probably a bit rusty. I don't think he's as quick as Rose. How much has the broken leg affected him physically? Should heal better than, say, a serious knee ligament injury. How much of it's in his head?

I wouldn't go for a straight swap. If Rose was to be sold, I'd like him to go abroad. But if ManU was the only option, I'd want some cash plus Shaw. Proven talent versus too many question marks.

Is the number their weight in stone?

Back