• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Rose could genuinely not have played this any worse, fudge me what a macaronic move.

Whether his sentiments were right or not, he has bumbled along all season, barely appearing, picking up his wages while contributing very little and is now in serious danger of not going to the world cup. I doubt either of the Manchester clubs are currently too interested in him tbh.

He'll need to really step it up next season.

If he's still here. I'm not saying he should be automatic first choice anymore because he shouldn't, Davies has seriously given him something to think about. But it would be unwise to sell him in the summer, especially to United.

If he's still here. I'm not saying he should be automatic first choice anymore because he shouldn't, Davies has seriously given him something to think about. But it would be unwise to sell him in the summer, especially to United.

All depends fitness in the long term and on what the player and or Poch wants.
It's the same with Toby, Yan and Dembele

If our business model is developing youngsters, selling them at vast profit and reinvesting the proceeds in the next batch, we are doing that model a lot of damage if we refuse to sell to rivals. I think that the trick is selling at the right moment, in the knowledge that they are buying a depreciating asset.

The trouble is, value for money matters little to the big boys - they’re rich enough to splash another 50m in 2 years’ time.

I also think there’s an argument that when you squad is on the brink of giving you the success you want I.e. where it is now, keeping your best players - even if they start to depreciate in value - is more beneficial in the long run.

Saying that I’m happy to sell Rose, because he’s a little clam, Davies is playing very well and Rose can’t stay fit.

Serious question. Jokes about burgers aside, he definitely looks bigger. Not Lee Adama in Battlestar Galactica bigger, and none of us would complain if we were suddenly issued with his body instead of our own. But why? Is it:

A) He's deliberately decided to bulk up and put on muscle to provide more of a physical threat, at a potential cost in agility, with the agreement of our fitness coaches.

B) When he can't train normally, he gets bored and does strength work. The club isn't really bothered, or they are bothered, but can't stop him.

C) He's just eating more, or eating worse, or not burning off the fuel like he used to when he was training at peak intensity. The club can't get him to eat less.

All of the above, SOT

It must be so hard from "Burning 2,000,000 calories per day charging about, strict diet" to "Sitting about at home, fancy a Snickers?"

All of the above, SOT

It must be so hard from "Burning 2,000,000 calories per day charging about, strict diet" to "Sitting about at home, fancy a Snickers?"

I had a vague idea that you couldn't make it to where Rose has without pretty impressive levels of self-control and discipline. On the other hand, Gazza.

My (lazy) point was that he went from burning 2,000,000 calories per day to burning 200 calories per day, so any little treats he used to "get away with" would soon mount up.

On the subject of Gazza, Erik Thorsvedt said last week that it is NOT strange that Gazza went downhill after playing... it is strange that Gazza ever made it as a professional, because he was carrying so much emotional baggage e.g. he had to kick the floor with his left foot every 5 steps, and he did it during games, eventually his toenail fell off, and he couldn't bear to be alone so he would be up all night and larking around just so he wasn't alone with his thoughts.

He doesnt look fat though, or "Just fat", he looks bulky. Gym bulky.

Which would suggest a definite move to make that happen, no one packs on muscle mass accidentally.

I wonder if it was basically for his own sanity? He couldnt train, but he had to so something, so he did what training he was able...?

He doesnt look fat though, or "Just fat", he looks bulky. Gym bulky.

Which would suggest a definite move to make that happen, no one packs on muscle mass accidentally.

I wonder if it was basically for his own sanity? He couldnt train, but he had to so something, so he did what training he was able...?
I had read that the club doesn't let players train alone anywhere - including the gym. So if it's gym bulk and not Burger Bulk then it's with the blessing of the training staff. Perhaps when the NFL come to town Rose can try and be a running back.

My (lazy) point was that he went from burning 2,000,000 calories per day to burning 200 calories per day, so any little treats he used to "get away with" would soon mount up.

On the subject of Gazza, Erik Thorsvedt said last week that it is NOT strange that Gazza went downhill after playing... it is strange that Gazza ever made it as a professional, because he was carrying so much emotional baggage e.g. he had to kick the floor with his left foot every 5 steps, and he did it during games, eventually his toenail fell off, and he couldn't bear to be alone so he would be up all night and larking around just so he wasn't alone with his thoughts.

Know that feeling.

Sad watching the second-half TBH...Rose roared into some great breakaway positions but couldn’t cross his shoelaces! The optimist tells me he might well find form with regular play...the pessimist tells me he is done.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sad watching the second-half TBH...Rose roared into some great breakaway positions but couldn’t cross his shoelaces! The optimist tells me he might well find form with regular play...the pessimist tells me he is done.

Don't think he is done mate. He just needs a run of games to get his old form back. People are writing him off far too quickly. Rose will still have a number of suitors subject to his knee holding up to a medical. For me he is still one of the finest left backs in the country who has just been unlucky with injuries.

One thing to say about Rose is that he was a beast on the pitch both mentally and physically. Clearly that will to win needs to be channelled into his football, something that he couldn't do during the time he was injured. Hence that mental energy turned in on himself. That may explain his silly outbursts and him pumping himself up in the gym.

Just goes to show how good a squad we have with Rose and Toby out injured yet we still find ourselves competing.

Rose will not take Davies place for the rest of the season now.

Back