• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Those images don't look particularly developed. Herzog & de Meuron are generally pretty good, and I'm sure it will look better in the flesh. Don't forget that our original renders looked just as bad (yes I know we changed architects), if not worse, and as the design develops it will improve.

From The Grauniad:

5) Chelsea missed a trick with Eriksen
Watching Christian Eriksen running the show at Swansea on Saturday, it was tempting to recall the time that we sat down together at Ajax’s training ground, in 2012, and he told the story about how Chelsea had invited him for a couple of trials with the club, at the age of 14 and 15, but decided that he was not for them. At the time Chelsea’s thinking was influenced by the fact that they already had Josh McEachran, who was a year younger and played in a similar position. Chelsea, at the risk of stating the obvious, missed a trick. After thriving at Ajax, where first-team opportunities arrived much sooner than they would have done at Chelsea, Eriksen has blossomed into one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe. He scores splendid goals, creates them in equal measure and plays how he talked all those years ago: intelligently. Stuart James

They can’t win, sign everyone, wrong, don’t sign everyone, wrong.

I believe since Abramovic bought the club only one player has come through their youth system and played for England (Loftus-Cheek), given the amount of money they have thrown at the project, hovering up talent from around the country and abroad its abysmal, surely the aim of the system is to produce first team players rather than winning meaningless trophies.

I believe since Abramovic bought the club only one player has come through their youth system and played for England (Loftus-Cheek), given the amount of money they have thrown at the project, hovering up talent from around the country and abroad its abysmal, surely the aim of the system is to produce first team players rather than winning meaningless trophies.

I was joking, seems a bit..... not cricket, to pull them up on every good player they missed whilst moaning about all the young players they do sign.

I think their youth policy is pretty similar to ours, they just have the funds to speculate further. Ultimately it’s a business, it’s a decent business model, I can’t remember who or when but I think stats were posted in this thread to show that they were making profit on the players they develop without using.

Generally, why should Chelsea give a toss about developing players for England? We’ve had a few more, but not many, since RA took over I can think of Mason and Kane who have made England debut’s after coming through with us, you could argue a few more, Rose, Walker, Lennon, Dier, but their youth careers were mostly elsewhere, and I expect we signed them for their ability and sell on value rather than thinking about the good of the EMNT.

Makes you wonder how many of the players they signed could have been good but they ruined them.

Is it as simple as that, how many just didn’t take the chance?

Fair bit of discussion about one of our youngsters on loan at another club right now, rumours of unprofessional attitude, if true is that us ruining him?

Is it as simple as that, how many just didn’t take the chance?

Fair bit of discussion about one of our youngsters on loan at another club right now, rumours of unprofessional attitude, if true is that us ruining him?
Who knows, but we've had some success. Doesn't look good when you hoover up the best and none of them make it.

I was joking, seems a bit..... not cricket, to pull them up on every good player they missed whilst moaning about all the young players they do sign.

I think their youth policy is pretty similar to ours, they just have the funds to speculate further. Ultimately it’s a business, it’s a decent business model, I can’t remember who or when but I think stats were posted in this thread to show that they were making profit on the players they develop without using.

Generally, why should Chelsea give a toss about developing players for England? We’ve had a few more, but not many, since RA took over I can think of Mason and Kane who have made England debut’s after coming through with us, you could argue a few more, Rose, Walker, Lennon, Dier, but their youth careers were mostly elsewhere, and I expect we signed them for their ability and sell on value rather than thinking about the good of the EMNT.

Just my old fashioned thinking that a football club use to have a link with its community, looking forward to the day when clubs can play in what ever country they like as they owe nothing to the mugs who follow them now and its important that they make as much money as they can. What a brick world I live in, soon be over.

Those images don't look particularly developed. Herzog & de Meuron are generally pretty good, and I'm sure it will look better in the flesh. Don't forget that our original renders looked just as bad (yes I know we changed architects), if not worse, and as the design develops it will improve.

I think the thing with the Chelsea design is it has the potential to look really dated later on. My understanding is some of the siding on ours is actually designed to be replaced at a future date to update the look of stadium if required.

Unai Emery to Cheatski then. That would be lovely, as he has proven that even with unlimited resources, he's unable to make a team competitive on the highest level.

Back