• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Swansea OSOMT ***

Training ground exercise, job done, move on.

Eriksen joins Kane, Son, Dele in double figure for goals for season. If Lamela was fit all season it could legitimately be 5 players in the team at 10+

Agreed, it was a piece of pretty dangerous play from Sissoko. Not the ideal move. But we’re a team that takes risks, and that one thing doesn’t undo all the good he did, or justify him being treated like a clown.
There was also a moment in the first half when he played a complete hospital pass to a marked player 5 yds away (think it was Eriksen) when if he'd looked up he'd have seen 3 better options.

A rare opportunity to see Sissoko screw up with his head because his body usually gets there first and makes it impossible to see his intention.

I know relegation is a fear for them and staying up must be their priority but I would expect being at home in a cup-tie one step from the semi-final would firer them up, they just seem to be playing not to be slaughtered but they were. I can understand why their fans stayed away if thats their game plan each match.

I honestly think that says something about you rather than Sissoko. He had some terrible early games for us but then settled, and this season there hasn’t been one single thing that justifies being scared when he’s on the ball. No bad give aways in dangerous areas, just frankly solidity across a bunch of different positions. And when he’s played deeper for us he really shows his worth.

Just because you repeat this endlessly, it doesnt mean its true.

You have clearly convinced yourself, so little point pulling it up - but I feel a counter point must be raised.

Just this season he has had MANY shocking moments, if not games. You cant simply whitewash it all with wishful thinking.

There is a reason people are as down on him as they are, and its not simply because he had a few stinkers last season and was then "solidity across a bunch of different positions". Were that the case, people wouldnt be as down on him as they are.

One day you will just have to accept, despite your best efforts to convince otherwise, people just dont see enough good in him to rate him. And then you will need to face the realisation that you might just have got this one wrong.

I know relegation is a fear for them and staying up must be their priority but I would expect being at home in a cup-tie one step from the semi-final would firer them up, they just seem to be playing not to be slaughtered but they were. I can understand why their fans stayed away if thats their game plan each match.

I simply think Swansea is one of those team stylistically that suits us (and stats back it up). Neat team that tries to play football, without a lot of midfield power and little pace on counter, teams like that usually get slaughtered by us.

While I agree with the point, they werent as good yesterday as they were the other month.

Carvahals second game, if memory serves, and for much of the match it was a bit of a chess game. Lots of change in formation/counter change kind of moves between Poch and Carvahal. We won 2-0, but the second was very very late. Up until then the game had the potential to go away from us.

Compared to that, from January, Swansea were VERY poor.

We certainly do tend to do well against those sides though, Bournemouth and Huddersfield spring immediately to mind as well.

While I agree with the point, they werent as good yesterday as they were the other month.

Carvahals second game, if memory serves, and for much of the match it was a bit of a chess game. Lots of change in formation/counter change kind of moves between Poch and Carvahal. We won 2-0, but the second was very very late. Up until then the game had the potential to go away from us.

Compared to that, from January, Swansea were VERY poor.

We certainly do tend to do well against those sides though, Bournemouth and Huddersfield spring immediately to mind as well.
They were without a load of players, including Ayew and Ayew

There may well be reason, my point was only that they were very poor yesterday.

More so than we were "good". We didnt need to be. We just went through the process at the minimum level required.

I simply think Swansea is one of those team stylistically that suits us (and stats back it up). Neat team that tries to play football, without a lot of midfield power and little pace on counter, teams like that usually get slaughtered by us.
Analogous to how ManU viewed us for most of Ferguson’s tenure :oops:

.....i am now expecting Mou to start going on about “Spurs getting to play at home....” etc. The mind games will start now, in fact I reckon he has already picked out the doube decker bus heis going to park infront of the goal

Back