• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He drove forward strongly with the ball for long distances which was great to see. I think he’s got more of that in him....

He has t got great passing to shooting skills that clear but the player I saw tearing us up a few times was all about his direct running, pace and power

Had a great game today

He was playing in a central midfield role against Swansea and played well. He's also had other good games, mostly when asked to play in a central area.

Is it simply a matter of keeping him busy that let's him play better? The less time he has to think and the quicker and more instinctively he has to act, the better he seems to play.

That was a nice pass to send Lamela on his way for a goal and that ice hockey-style hip check he threw on Nathan Dyer was a beauty.

Interesting thing for me is that he hasn’t had much game time last few games yet still managed to come in and perform like that. My only worry about him being a squad player is that he appeared to be someone who is a confidence player and looked more comfortable once getting a run of games - which to be fair would be same for majority of players. But if he can continue to slot in when called upon like yesterday, as well as come on in games to provide extra legs and shore things up he will be an asset....

It was an easy game for him today, but it’s funny that a lot of the criticisms he was getting, like ‘not being able to trap a ball’ and ‘not being able to pass more than 5 yards’ (which were always clearly nonsense) are now being parked for ‘did nothing special today’.

We’re getting somewhere. He’s now at least being viewed as a human being and a footballer.

Its objective criticism. You should try it.

When someone is poor, you say they are poor. And when someone isnt, you say as much.

The whole "i told you so" tone of this does you no favours.

I thought he was fine today. Most importantly, not in a "didnt mess up" way, but in a "actually tried to play" way. It was good to see.

As I dont have an agenda in this, I am able to say as much.

Worst thing he did all game was letting the ball bounce when he was the last man, looked hairy for a moment, but he dealt with it. Otherwise he was just fine, maybe even "good".

Context need be applied though, I dont think we will play a team as poor as Swansea were all season. Sissoko (and the rest of the side) will not have such an easy time again, so much time on the ball, so much space, so little opposition.

If Sissoko can put in a performance like that against a team that is actually trying Ill see it as a major step up for him.

That’s twice now he’s started as the base 2 in midfield that we’ve been awesome as a team in, the other being Burnley away.

I thought he had a great game

Ok he didn’t do anything spectacular but he did what he needed too well

He has t got great passing to shooting skills that clear but the player I saw tearing us up a few times was all about his direct running, pace and power

Had a great game today

Great game today, indeed. Hope he got some confidence from it and can start to deliver like this when he's called upon.

Interesting thing for me is that he hasn’t had much game time last few games yet still managed to come in and perform like that. My only worry about him being a squad player is that he appeared to be someone who is a confidence player and looked more comfortable once getting a run of games - which to be fair would be same for majority of players. But if he can continue to slot in when called upon like yesterday, as well as come on in games to provide extra legs and shore things up he will be an asset....

Seriously guys, what the fudge?

"Great"? Really? If ever proof was needed that Sissoko has his own special scale for judging performances...

If Sissoko really was "great" today, I can only assume Eriksens performance was the best in the history of football.

I get positive vibes. I totally accept he was decent today. As posted above though, he had no opposition. And he wasnt even the best player on our side.

And yet those who dont rate him get told they are exaggerating, and that they arent objective or reasonable...

I think the quality of the opponent should be a factor, but Swansea were decent for the first 15 minutes or so.
Once our front four got into their stride and stopped getting in each other's way we really were comfortable.
Never easy to say if a team is poor or if they are only as good as you let them be.

I think the quality of the opponent should be a factor, but Swansea were decent for the first 15 minutes or so.
Once our front four got into their stride and stopped getting in each other's way we really were comfortable.
Never easy to say if a team is poor or if they are only as good as you let them be.

I honestly think it can be both
They were poor but we didn’t let them play either

I do appreciate that, and often its very hard to tell. And we as Spurs fans most often struggle to accept its because our team is actually rather good ;)

On this occasion, I think we were as good as we needed to be. Which was, basically, turning up.

Swansea were truly awful. They didnt close down, they didnt press, there was no bite in their team, no aggression...

I genuinely think our youth team would have won that.

Look at Sissoko, as an excellent example, was there more than a handful of occasions where he was even closed down?

Even our forwards barely were, our midfielders basically had the run of the park.

I do appreciate that, and often its very hard to tell. And we as Spurs fans most often struggle to accept its because our team is actually rather good ;)

On this occasion, I think we were as good as we needed to be. Which was, basically, turning up.

Swansea were truly awful. They didnt close down, they didnt press, there was no bite in their team, no aggression...

I genuinely think our youth team would have won that.

Look at Sissoko, as an excellent example, was there more than a handful of occasions where he was even closed down?

Even our forwards barely were, our midfielders basically had the run of the park.

Although I think we should go easy on the praise I also think we need to appreciate that we did a professional job

Although I think we should go easy on the praise I also think we need to appreciate that we did a professional job

Most definitely. Yet another "big club" performance from us. Very not-Spurs (of old). We did precisely what was needed to get the job done, and get it done comfortably.

Things like this are, for me, the real barometer of our progress.

Seriously guys, what the fudge?

"Great"? Really? If ever proof was needed that Sissoko has his own special scale for judging performances...

If Sissoko really was "great" today, I can only assume Eriksens performance was the best in the history of football.

I get positive vibes. I totally accept he was decent today. As posted above though, he had no opposition. And he wasnt even the best player on our side.

And yet those who dont rate him get told they are exaggerating, and that they arent objective or reasonable...
He was one of the top three performers for us whatever way you look at it and the team played well so....

He was one of the top three performers for us whatever way you look at it and the team played well so....

I wouldnt have him top 3.

Opinions and all that, but he was just fine - and if you dont count his prior form in the equation - thats it. Just fine.

Obviously if you are looking at his regular standards, and omitting the state of the opposition, then yeah - I suppose you might call him great.

Theres 190 pages in this thread saying thats just not fair though ;)

I wouldnt have him top 3.

Opinions and all that, but he was just fine - and if you dont count his prior form in the equation - thats it. Just fine.

Obviously if you are looking at his regular standards, and omitting the state of the opposition, then yeah - I suppose you might call him great.

Theres 190 pages in this thread saying thats just not fair though ;)
He was very good, certainly better than Dier so if it was just about playing poor opposition why wasn’t he better?

Out of curiosity who was your top 3? Mine was Eriksen Sissoko and Lamela...

Eriksen and Lamela for sure. Probably Son next, thought he did an amazing job for the team. After that, much of a muchness. Dier had strong periods, as did Davies, as did Sissoko, Trippier...

I dont think Sissoko was bad at all. I just dont think, if you want to judge him on merit and not preconception, he was a stand out player. Certainly not "great".

As I said, he was fine. Just like most of the rest of the team.

However, judge him as Sissoko, against what he has done in the past? And yes, quite possibly his best performance of all time. And even then it was against tinkle poor opposition.

You Sissoko fan boys cant have it all ways, either he is judged as a player in our side or he is judged based on his own past form and ability, which is it to be?

Back