• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Will he relegate two teams this season?

I'm shocked seeing how many Southampton fans actually want him there. Then again, quite a few West Brom thought Pardew was a good appointment.

It's going to be hard to hang on to Poch long term, but at a minimum I can see him wanting to play the first season at the new stadium. I'm also hoping that he really values building a teams, which could rule him out from PSG and Real. And fortunately the Spanish club that might be more suitable for long-term building is the one he has ruled out, even though the city is his "home".

I don't see any of the clubs that are in the hunt for league titles and champions league titles year after year being interested in Poch, until he has won stuff. Utd would probably be the only giant club interested, as they haven't competed for either of those competitions properly for a few years now. Barca do things a bit differently but Poch says he'd never manage them.

So I don't think we have to worry about losing Poch unless we start enjoying success and winning a big trophy or two, which is a bit of a silver lining!

I can see Hughes doing a job at the Dildodome - new manager impact, won't stand for any half hearted crap. Firing them up for a scrap against Wet Spam is certainly within his DNA.

A commentary on the merry-go-round from Rod Liddle:

It does make you wonder why the same old names keep being recycled, with middle-aged managers hopping from one failure to the next and yet still somehow valued by chairmen — Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes, Hodgson, Pulis. For example, what made West Brom think that Alan Pardew, who was truly awful at Crystal Palace, could do a better job than Tony Pulis and strike fire into a side who have had relegation certainties stamped all over them since Bonfire Night? Did the trio of clowns who run West Ham not have the imagination to think of a manager beyond the one who had failed spectacularly at Manchester United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland? What, exactly, in Roy Hodgson’s recent managerial record made Crystal Palace think that’s the man for us?

The answer the chairmen would give, I suppose, is that the only names available to struggling sides are those who are already mired in failure, having recently been sacked for either relegating a team or dragging them too far towards the bottom for anyone’s liking. The only exception is Sam Allardyce, who does have a decent and recent track record of salvaging teams from self-destruction, even if this is rarely, if ever, translated into a formula for actual success. It is true, too, that the aforementioned chairmen begin their machinations by making overtures in the direction of Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe, both of whom are far too sussed to be deposited at the wheel of a sinking ship. But I do wonder if there might be alternatives options from down below the Premier League. Gary Rowett at Derby County, Dean Smith at Brentford? So long as they keep their hands off Millwall’s Neil Harris.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ly-bonkers-to-get-rid-of-claudepuel-w7pml8msc

I'm becoming more and more convinced that being a continually sacked and recycled manager is more lucrative than being a successful manager, except for the really elite managers. The failures probably get as much in compensation as Dyche and Howe, all on top of their basic salary and any bonuses for not being quite as bad as their fellow travellers. After all, no more than three of them can get relegated each season.

A commentary on the merry-go-round from Rod Liddle:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that being a continually sacked and recycled manager is more lucrative than being a successful manager, except for the really elite managers. The failures probably get as much in compensation as Dyche and Howe, all on top of their basic salary and any bonuses for not being quite as bad as their fellow travellers. After all, no more than three of them can get relegated each season.
Love that he calls out the three clowns.

I don't see any of the clubs that are in the hunt for league titles and champions league titles year after year being interested in Poch, until he has won stuff. Utd would probably be the only giant club interested, as they haven't competed for either of those competitions properly for a few years now. Barca do things a bit differently but Poch says he'd never manage them.

So I don't think we have to worry about losing Poch unless we start enjoying success and winning a big trophy or two, which is a bit of a silver lining!
Don’t you believe it! Man Utd would have snapped him up if he wasn’t tied to us. PSG would also have him in a heartbeat.

Don’t you believe it! Man Utd would have snapped him up if he wasn’t tied to us. PSG would also have him in a heartbeat.

I definitely think Utd would want him. I think PSG want the Champions League more than anything now, they would try for someone with more pedigree in that competition imo.

I definitely think Utd would want him. I think PSG want the Champions League more than anything now, they would try for someone with more pedigree in that competition imo.

The only way they will get more pedigree is getting a manager who is past his best and looking to top up his pension. Mourinho would be a good fit but only an idiot would think that he'd be a better appointment that Poch.

The only way they will get more pedigree is getting a manager who is past his best and looking to top up his pension. Mourinho would be a good fit but only an idiot would think that he'd be a better appointment that Poch.

I think they might go back to Ancelotti.

I think Mourinho has to win the FA cup or finish above Liverpool to avoid major discontent from the fans. Hopefully he will be allowed to blow 200 million on another Sanchez or Pogba and some more DMs this summer before the complete meltdown next season.

I think Mourinho has to win the FA cup or finish above Liverpool to avoid major discontent from the fans. Hopefully he will be allowed to blow 200 million on another Sanchez or Pogba and some more DMs this summer before the complete meltdown next season.
Are the natives getting restless about Mourinho now?

I think Ancelotti would be perfect for United, the only barrier to that is that Mourinho will probably be allowed to continue into next season before it all falls apart.

He would probably do well there, if they just continue to sign big-name/big-fee type players with no real plan (Pogba, Sanchez etc). Did an amazing job at Chelsea and even if he only matched Mourinho at Utd, it'd be a lot more enjoyable for their fans (better football, much classier bloke as the manager).

I think PSG might try for him again though, they have some better players than when he was there before and he didn't get sacked iirc, but quit to go and join Madrid. They can just offer him a bazillion quid a week to try and win the Champions League for them.

Are the natives getting restless about Mourinho now?

There are some disagreements on whether he should be achieving more or at least play better football. Some are blaming him, some are blaming the players and some still think he should get more time and money to fix what Moyes/Van Gaal broke.

Back