• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

I'v had a look at this in more detail - I reckon that in total there are about 30,000 seats available at concession prices - approx 16000 in South stand (as only 1000 are the 1882 premium-lite and we know that the stand holds about 17,000 seats). Then there are about 14,000 seats available in North Stand and wrapping around into sections of the North East and North West corners and then additionally a small number of seats in West Lower and East Lower.

Included within this number are the designated family blocks look like they accommodate about 2500 seats.

With this in mind I am a little less anxious - we know that there are 42,000 season ticket holders and there will be a few (I reckoon about 4,000+) who wont renew which is in line with regular 10% turnover each season - some will just have taken one at Wembley for the year. Additionally there will be those happy to pay the extra to seat in general admission West and East stands which I think should ensure that there are roughly enough seats available by phase 8 for people in my position.

I am making a lot of estimates and assumptions so might be very wrong though!

No concessions in the grey block which I’ve read is 8000 seats. It’s where safe standing would go so the rail makes it unsafe for kids

Whats the likelihood of standing being approved though? Those are the ones we are going for, need 6 in phase 3.

Should be very likely now Liverpool have dropped their opposition. Last summer the EPL were asking for clubs to volunteer for trials, and it's been a huge success at Celtic

The interesting one is possibly going to be Shrewsbury. If they get promoted to the Championship this season (they are currently 3rd in League 1), that will bring it to a head as it's only the EPL and Championship that forbid it. Will they be made to retrofit their stadium back

No concessions in the grey block which I’ve read is 8000 seats. It’s where safe standing would go so the rail makes it unsafe for kids

I didn't think they'd put the rail in, just have the fixings to do so in the future.

The seats will probably be the kind that are 'lockable' in a closed position though.

Should be very likely now Liverpool have dropped their opposition. Last summer the EPL were asking for clubs to volunteer for trials, and it's been a huge success at Celtic

The interesting one is possibly going to be Shrewsbury. If they get promoted to the Championship this season (they are currently 3rd in League 1), that will bring it to a head as it's only the EPL and Championship that forbid it. Will they be made to retrofit their stadium back
I thought there had been some problems at Celtic with increased trouble coming from that section?

I wonder how long it will be for the hypocrites at Liverpool to convert some of their own stadium to standing after being so vocal about trying to stop everybody else over the last decades.

I didn't think they'd put the rail in, just have the fixings to do so in the future.

The seats will probably be the kind that are 'lockable' in a closed position though.

No idea but it says it in the literature that no concessions there due to the rail height

Yes you're right - whilst the prices at the front of south stand are £995 they are indeed grey which means that no concessions are available. This area probably does equate to about half of the stand so that knocks 8000 off my estimation meaning that total number of concessions available is going to be around 22-23k.

This means for me that I hope there are enough people who would typically prefer to sit in East and West Stand can afford to do so and don't migrate over to North Stand.

I thought there had been some problems at Celtic with increased trouble coming from that section?

I wonder how long it will be for the hypocrites at Liverpool to convert some of their own stadium to standing after being so vocal about trying to stop everybody else over the last decades.

More chance of them introducing standing than forcing the kop to sit down, as they should be.

Cheers GB. One of our mates that we are trying to sit with in the move who wants to be high in the South stand used that as a reason why he didnt want to sit low as he has 9 month old kid and would like to bring him to the game when he is 6 or 7. I said that's not really a reason to not purchase one there but if they are likely to implement it then maybe it is a valid one.

I have not had a season ticket in 15 years.

Money is not the issue, I had less money when I was younger and made sure I had one. The second wife would kill me if I spent 18 weekends at the football. Jealous of you guys that can do it.

But what the guy above should know is that when you just go to around 8 games a season you tend to enjoy them even more and they are more significant. Also you get to put money towards other things and spend more time with your family and friends even if you constantly checking your phone for updates.

There are just shy of 40000 season ticket holders applying for 50000+ seats.
There are 8 phases of approximately 5000 s/t holders
Phases 1-4 are mostly old White Hart Lane s/t holders
Some in phases 1-4 (like myself) will have to wait for later phases due to having family/friends in lower phases I.e. by time phase 5 opens not all in 1-4 will have selected their seats.
There are 17000 seats available to purchase in new south stand (including 1000 premium lite).

The following is once again based on a few assumptions but I’m predicting that:

A significant majority of old Park Lane s/t holders will elect to sit in New South Stand; most in old east stand lower (blocks 29-31) will also choose to sit in new south stand too.

Old East Stand season ticket holders will be likely to:
A) pay extra for the ‘comparable’ seat in new east stand
B) transfer to cheaper seats in north or south stands

Old West Standers (are there any on here) will I’m guessing remain in West (or east) stands

It’s the old Paxton Road (again like me) who have the biggest dilemma as there is not as obvious like for like. For me the main benefits of Paxton were:
a) didn’t have to stand throughout
b) spurs would attack us in the second half
c) cheaper than east and west.

Most Paxton s/t holders I’ve spoken with are going to sit in new south stand

I reckon that new south stand will fill quickly during phases 1-4 but no way will sell out (as this would mean 85% will have chosen there) ie if you’re in phase 5 or 6 you should have a reasonable chance of getting in new south stand and going into phase 7 there will prob be availability.

In my circumstances I’m just hoping there are still north stand seats available by phase 8 so selfishly the more people in phases 1-7 who go for south stand the better!

There are just shy of 40000 season ticket holders applying for 50000+ seats.
There are 8 phases of approximately 5000 s/t holders
Phases 1-4 are mostly old White Hart Lane s/t holders
Some in phases 1-4 (like myself) will have to wait for later phases due to having family/friends in lower phases I.e. by time phase 5 opens not all in 1-4 will have selected their seats.
There are 17000 seats available to purchase in new south stand (including 1000 premium lite).

The following is once again based on a few assumptions but I’m predicting that:

A significant majority of old Park Lane s/t holders will elect to sit in New South Stand; most in old east stand lower (blocks 29-31) will also choose to sit in new south stand too.

Old East Stand season ticket holders will be likely to:
A) pay extra for the ‘comparable’ seat in new east stand
B) transfer to cheaper seats in north or south stands

Old West Standers (are there any on here) will I’m guessing remain in West (or east) stands

It’s the old Paxton Road (again like me) who have the biggest dilemma as there is not as obvious like for like. For me the main benefits of Paxton were:
a) didn’t have to stand throughout
b) spurs would attack us in the second half
c) cheaper than east and west.

Most Paxton s/t holders I’ve spoken with are going to sit in new south stand

I reckon that new south stand will fill quickly during phases 1-4 but no way will sell out (as this would mean 85% will have chosen there) ie if you’re in phase 5 or 6 you should have a reasonable chance of getting in new south stand and going into phase 7 there will prob be availability.

In my circumstances I’m just hoping there are still north stand seats available by phase 8 so selfishly the more people in phases 1-7 who go for south stand the better!

Some decent logic there

My mate who is buying on his own is in 7 and we’re in 2
I reckon he will get one in the south

I suspected zero cup games included with your season ticket would be quietly carried on. Couldn't see any reason to use the excuse of the Wembley move this term to do it, other than to create the precedent.

I suspected zero cup games included with your season ticket would be quietly carried on. Couldn't see any reason to use the excuse of the Wembley move this term to do it, other than to create the precedent.

Liked this because I like/agree with your thinking. Don't like the reality however :(

Back