• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Going to be tough to replace the big man if he leaves in the summer but, if we were to get £50m or so from Barca or someone like that, and we picked up a decent up and coming CB who was 23/24 years old, international etc, then in the long-run it could be worth it. Just hope that if he does go (i) he goes abroad and (ii) we go and spend all the fee on his replacement, rather than try to patch over with a £10m-£15m signing

Not sure we'll be able command a fee of anywhere close to 50m unfortunately. Would still rather see him go to Barca or Madrid if he has to go. How sweet it will be to knock Madrid out of the CL next season in our new stadium and see his face as Kane leaves him sprawling on the ground and round the keeper.

Not sure we'll be able command a fee of anywhere close to 50m unfortunately. Would still rather see him go to Barca or Madrid if he has to go. How sweet it will be to knock Madrid out of the CL next season in our new stadium and see his face as Kane leaves him sprawling on the ground and round the keeper.

Would be better if we saw him playing in a lillywhite shirt against Real, scoring the winner with a glancing header.

Last edited:
Let's not write his obituary just yet. He may be playing hardball on his contract but you would have to think when it comes to contracts, especially at his age, this is not atypical. There may only be one more contract after this for Toby so he does need to make sure he has enough in the bank to fund his hair product fixation for life. All is hair in love and war and all that.

Obviously the best outcome is he signs a new deal and gives us his prime years and I hope with all my lillywhite hart that is what happens. If not then as others have said, he may have played his last PL match.

Last edited:
Going to be tough to replace the big man if he leaves in the summer but, if we were to get £50m or so from Barca or someone like that, and we picked up a decent up and coming CB who was 23/24 years old, international etc, then in the long-run it could be worth it. Just hope that if he does go (i) he goes abroad and (ii) we go and spend all the fee on his replacement, rather than try to patch over with a £10m-£15m signing
I think we're past the £10-15m thing. One thing we're definitely not past though, is the £100+K salary. So I wouldn't be surprised if we splashed £40m for a young defender, but still have him on £40-50K/wk.

Thought that Lenglet for Seville looked decent the other night.
Even had a bit of a Toby look about him.

Will be interesting to see what happens if he leaves. Could see an argument for saying that Sanchez is as good or better than anyone we could realistically sign. With Dier, Foyth and possibly CCV we also have a lot of young talented options.

Could potentially see a more experienced squad option coming in. Or a young-ish good player with potential that's not a high profile expensive signing.

Will be interesting to see what happens if he leaves. Could see an argument for saying that Sanchez is as good or better than anyone we could realistically sign. With Dier, Foyth and possibly CCV we also have a lot of young talented options.

Could potentially see a more experienced squad option coming in. Or a young-ish good player with potential that's not a high profile expensive signing.
I think we'll go for a really top young player. It's quite important to have a really good defense in Poch's mind, so I don't think we'll skimp for that position.

44DCF0F800000578-4935204-image-m-179_1506723863990.jpg

Could be off but he hasn't played for a long long time and then when he did he looked absolutely shocking. Given that was a month or so ago then he can't be anywhere near fit. I assume he's in the Belgium squad so hopefully they can do us a favour and give him some game time.

The plug out. Tottenham no longer insists on a contract extension for his most highly regarded defender, Toby Alderweireld (29).Too big gap between supply and demand, too much bickering. The Spurs will soon hope for a jackpot of around 50 million euros. Exit Toby.

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/bu...etaalt-50-miljoen-voor-alderweireld~a6f37f21/

Alderweireld is out of contract in June 2019 and he is apparently “unhappy” at the club’s latest contract offer of £110,000 per week plus bonuses.

The centre-back, who is currently on around £50,000, is chasing a £140,000 a week and he has a clause in his existing deal which contains a one-year extension option, to summer 2020, but triggering that option would also activate a £25million release clause, which would kick in in the summer of 2019, as long as a transfer was completed at least 14 days before the closure of the window.

Spurs and Daniel Levy have apparently grown exasperated with trying to extend the 29-year-old’s contract and instead will try and sell him for a bigger fee this summer.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/totten...ester-united-target-and-will-sell-this-summer

The plug out. Tottenham no longer insists on a contract extension for his most highly regarded defender, Toby Alderweireld (29).Too big gap between supply and demand, too much bickering. The Spurs will soon hope for a jackpot of around 50 million euros. Exit Toby.

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/bu...etaalt-50-miljoen-voor-alderweireld~a6f37f21/

Alderweireld is out of contract in June 2019 and he is apparently “unhappy” at the club’s latest contract offer of £110,000 per week plus bonuses.

The centre-back, who is currently on around £50,000, is chasing a £140,000 a week and he has a clause in his existing deal which contains a one-year extension option, to summer 2020, but triggering that option would also activate a £25million release clause, which would kick in in the summer of 2019, as long as a transfer was completed at least 14 days before the closure of the window.

Spurs and Daniel Levy have apparently grown exasperated with trying to extend the 29-year-old’s contract and instead will try and sell him for a bigger fee this summer.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/totten...ester-united-target-and-will-sell-this-summer
Oh well, we've got Super Jan and Sanchez and old Twangy Alderweireld is a sprint away twanging a hammy from joining Danny Rose in the queue at McD's (he said bitterly).

Back