• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Swansea OSOMT ***

Swans gave just enough time in that central space in front of their CBs. Not many teams will. It suited Eriksen coming from deeper, running into that space. Allow him time of the ball there at your peril!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
The thing about that goal is that it was ruled out on the pitch, so the 'clear and obvious mistake' bit presumably asks whether it was a mistake to rule it out....in which case its not obvious that it was a mistake so its right for the goal not to stand

Had the linesman not given it offside though but then they checked it, the goal would have stood as it wouldnt have been a clear and obvious error to allow it.

I don’t think it’s this - all goals are checked by VAR as a matter of course.

:D My word, I couldn't care less. If we played Wigan in the Semis and then Leicester in the final and won, I wouldn't care and neither would the records.

Also, how was it the worst? We could hve gotten any of the teams at home?

I'd rather have had Southampton or Brighton (not to mention Wigan) considering Swansea's recent form.
Liverpool also lost to Swansea

Son is an integral part of the team now, especially with Kane injured. Moura isn't, yet. We're 3-0 up. An injury to Son would hurt us far far far more than with Moura. Yes, your logic is still flawed.
The sports scientists felt that Moura could only last 70 minutes and needed to come off if we were winning, drawing or losing. So they did that.
The sports scientists felt that Son could last longer than that, and that Lamela should come off after 80 minutes win, lose or draw.
That leaves just one sub option.

I agree Son is more important than Moura right now, especially with Kane out, but those are the facts, no flawed logic.

Perhaps they felt Son had a 2% chance of injury in the last 20 minutes and Moura had a 50% chance of injury in the last 20 minutes and decided to take Moura off, that is what happened, that is the logic Poch and Co used, Son made it through fine, whereas Tammy Abraham (who wasn't fully match fit) went down with a thigh injury in the last 5 minutes because his coach decided to leave him on.

The sports scientists felt that Moura could only last 70 minutes and needed to come off if we were winning, drawing or losing. So they did that.
The sports scientists felt that Son could last longer than that, and that Lamela should come off after 80 minutes win, lose or draw.
That leaves just one sub option.

I agree Son is more important than Moura right now, especially with Kane out, but those are the facts, no flawed logic.

Perhaps they felt Son had a 2% chance of injury in the last 20 minutes and Moura had a 50% chance of injury in the last 20 minutes and decided to take Moura off, that is what happened, that is the logic Poch and Co used, Son made it through fine, whereas Tammy Abraham (who wasn't fully match fit) went down with a thigh injury in the last 5 minutes because his coach decided to leave him on.
You have no way of knowing that. You're guessing and making up random numbers to fit your view.

Easiest match we've had all season. Apart from that Abraham chance just after the break (at 2-0, mind), there wasn't really any tension in the match at all. Surprised at how brick Swansea really were. We were good though. Now, Wigan or Southampton in the semi, please. :D

It was a very good pass. He tried it again 5mins later and (yet again) hit the linesman.

Genuinely, why do you watch Sissoko so closely to pick up on the slight things that didn’t go so well, when every single player has it happen to them in every match?

I saw Dier once again give the ball straight to an opponent today when it was easier to pass to one of his own. How about we all pile in on Dier?

By any reasonable barometer, Sissoko had a good game today. I know you do it as a bit of a joke but genuinely, why does he not deserve your support? Why does he deserve every minute thing he does being picked apart, as if you are just waiting for the small things that don’t go perfectly to plan? He is our player, he is playing well, the squad likes him and he works hard. Our fans were even singing his name. What do you get out of it?

Genuinely, why do you watch Sissoko so closely to pick up on the slight things that didn’t go so well, when every single player has it happen to them in every match?

I saw Dier once again give the ball straight to an opponent today when it was easier to pass to one of his own. How about we all pile in on Dier?

By any reasonable barometer, Sissoko had a good game today. I know you do it as a bit of a joke but genuinely, why does he not deserve your support? Why does he deserve every minute thing he does being picked apart, as if you are just waiting for the small things that don’t go perfectly to plan? He is our player, he is playing well, the squad likes him and he works hard. Our fans were even singing his name. What do you get out of it?
What he does often sticks in the mind because it makes me laugh so much.

If we were suffering from his calamities then I might find them less amusing, but as it is they're hilarious.

While he has vastly improved since the early days of joining, he still (for me) has a slight 'Bambi on ice' aura about him. Almost like hes soul-searching for the confidence - it was palpable, I could almost feel it. So much so that I caught myself physically holding my breath when he gets on the ball. I dont do it anymore, but theres still a bottom-of-the-belly feeling I sometimes get, its just something I cant put my finger on. But I genuinely like the guy, and want him to crack on. He did do well today!

While he has vastly improved since the early days of joining, he still (for me) has a slight 'Bambi on ice' aura about him. Almost like hes soul-searching for the confidence - it was palpable, I could almost feel it. So much so that I caught myself physically holding my breath when he gets on the ball. I dont do it anymore, but theres still a bottom-of-the-belly feeling I sometimes get, its just something I cant put my finger on. But I genuinely like the guy, and want him to crack on. He did do well today!

I honestly think that says something about you rather than Sissoko. He had some terrible early games for us but then settled, and this season there hasn’t been one single thing that justifies being scared when he’s on the ball. No bad give aways in dangerous areas, just frankly solidity across a bunch of different positions. And when he’s played deeper for us he really shows his worth.

Sissoko had a good game to be fair. When him and Aurier get it I hold my breath. It's like dumb and dumber with those two usually

this season there hasn’t been one single thing that justifies being scared when he’s on the ball
Sissoko did much better today and showed signs of being a capable player, mixed in with a few poor passages/touches etc.

In terms of being scared; earlier today the centre backs split and Vorm gave Sissoko the ball, who turned into trouble and tried to nutmeg the onrushing Swan. Sissoko was last man, it was silly. It worked out OK.

Sissoko did much better today and showed signs of being a capable player, mixed in with a few poor passages/touches etc.

In terms of being scared; earlier today the centre backs split and Vorm gave Sissoko the ball, who turned into trouble and tried to nutmeg the onrushing Swan. Sissoko was last man, it was silly. It worked out OK.

Agreed, it was a piece of pretty dangerous play from Sissoko. Not the ideal move. But we’re a team that takes risks, and that one thing doesn’t undo all the good he did, or justify him being treated like a clown.

If any manager is told he has 2 matches to save his job, surely he would ask if one of them can be against Swansea...

I was going to ask how they managed to beat Liverpool, but based on what I have seen this afternoon begs the question, how have they beaten anyone?
Well, they did manage to stifle us at Wembley. Different day, different performance. It happens, believe it or not.

Back