• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Swansea OSOMT ***

Agree, as full strength as poss. What a great opportunity to win the cup, we must give ourselves the best possible chance in what will be a tricky encounter. We got a touch lucky in the league match, hopefully we wont need luck tomorrow. Early goal and all that stuff...

I expect a full Poch Cup lineup

--------------Vorm
Trippier Sanchez Foyth Rose
----------Winks Wanyama
-----Sissoko Moura Lamela
------------Llorente

Agree, as full strength as poss. What a great opportunity to win the cup, we must give ourselves the best possible chance in what will be a tricky encounter. We got a touch lucky in the league match, hopefully we wont need luck tomorrow. Early goal and all that stuff...
...and a strong bench.

No excuses nor to play as strong a side possible
No league games for2 weeks as now its our only chance for honours

Last edited:
Really excited for this today.

I think Poch will go for a strong line up, though he may keep Vorm in goal.

We're joint favourites for the FA cup and rightly so imo so I'm hoping we go through and win the trophy.

--------------Vorm
----------Winks Wanyama
------------Llorente

I would be shocked if any more than 4 of them started, its the full Monty from now on, only reason to change teams now is for injury, suspension, form or tiredness. No more rotation.

FA cup is our only chance of winning a trophy this season. And we badly need to win a trophy this season to continue our proud record of winning at least 1 trophy every 10 years. Remember, it is now 10 years since we last win the League Cup in 2008. We have been fortunate to avoid any big teams so far in the FA Cup this season. But with us now facing a PL team, Swansea, in the Quarter Finals, we need to play much better than the previous rounds to progress to the next stage. We need to treat this as a league match and play our best available team against Swansea. There is no reason to rest any players as we don't have any league matches until April 1. We have an excellent record against Swansea, winning 12 and drawing 3 of our last 15 matches against them. We need to continue that good record in this match.

No doubt we are going to miss the injured Kane. But we need others like Son, Alli, Eriksen and Lamela to step up their game until Kane comes back. We did really well to come back from behind to beat Bournesmouth after Kane got injured last week. We need a similiar performance in this match. Son has been in great form recently, scoring 7 goals in his last 4 matches for us. We need him to continue his goal scoring run in this match. Alli scored his first goal in 16 matches against Bournesmouth. It will help us greatly if we can score in this match as well. We also need Lamela to help our attacks with his creativity and work rate.

Our midfield seem to have many options recently with all our injured players returning. Want to see Dembele and Wanyama start in midfield. They are our best midfield partnership. There is no reason to rest any of them in this match. After all, will prefer both of them over the error-prone Dier anyway. Moura can come on later in the match as needed.

Our defence have been conceding too many easy goals lately. Wish Alderweireld can come back in this match to improve our defending. Vertonghen and Sanchez need to be more alert and avoid making errors in defence. Want to see Lloris start in goal. Vorm have conceded too many soft goals in the Cup matches this season. Also want to see Trippier to start instead of Aurier. It will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Since we last beat Swansea away in the league in January, they have been in great form, losing just once in 14 matches and unbeaten in their last 7 home matches in all competitions. They have even beaten Liverpool and Arsenal at home during that time. So, Swansea won't make it easy for us in this match. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Swansea and progress to the FA Cup semifinals.

Everybody dance now!

It is going to be a tense match, especially with Kane out injured. We need all our key players to play their best game. Let's hope all the players will lift their game to help us overcome Swansea and progress to the FA Cup semifinals.

--------------Vorm
----------Winks Wanyama
------------Llorente
I’d be pretty disappointed if we made that many changes even if we won. Sends completely the wrong message.

Personally I think Poch will go for a strong line up.

I saw this on the FA website: "The winners will make it through to The Final on Saturday 19 May and will pick up £900,000 from The FA prize fund while each losing semi-finalist will pocket £450,000."

Shows why managers will often prioritise European football over FA Cup when juggling teams/resting players....

I’d be pretty disappointed if we made that many changes even if we won. Sends completely the wrong message.

Personally I think Poch will go for a strong line up.

Agree. No reason not to. Not played since last weekend, no league match for another 2 weeks. For me this match is just as important as the Chelsea game. Let's get it won. COYS

On this day - 2012

Six years ago today Fabrice Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during the first half of Bolton's FA Cup quarter-final at Tottenham.

I remember Walker scoring a stunner that day. What a unique game. The reaction of the fans was amazing. One of them saved Muamba's life. How long was his heart stopped for? It was an inspirational unique game.

Back