• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

Will the fact that those in the 1882 areas get a drink for free really make much of a difference in terms of arriving back in their seats for the second half compared to the rest of the South Stand? Especially when you consider that the seats are the closest to the exists, the drinks will probably be pre-poured and no payment will need to be made.

Yes. The problem is with people who are there to shmooze rather than to watch the game. No-one actually prioritises drinking over either of these, any more than the prawn sandwich phalanx are there for the prawns. Corporate guests miss ten minutes of the second half because their priority is networking - or not being rude to their hosts.

As I understand it, that's not going to be an issue in the (ludicrously expensive) 1882 seats. But it's really going to screw the middle of the new East, and that's a shame.

Will the fact that those in the 1882 areas get a drink for free really make much of a difference in terms of arriving back in their seats for the second half compared to the rest of the South Stand? Especially when you consider that the seats are the closest to the exists, the drinks will probably be pre-poured and no payment will need to be made.
Hopefully not, I'm just a bit surprised to see corporate in that section of the ground at all. I'd a, perhaps naive, view of that being a bit Dortmund style, full of people who won't leave to get the train at 70 minutes and have several inventive chants for when Lamela rolls his (left) foot over the top of the ball, again. I guess we need to monetize it all as best we can, so we can keep Toby in hair product, but I don't want that to be at the expense of the atmosphere. Maybe I'm being harsh on the moneybags who'll buy them, and they'll be leading the charge.

I'll continue to trust Levy, he's not ballsed up with New WHL so far.

Is that a reply to me? If so then I don't get your logic? Surely the areas priced at £1,200, £1,250 and £1,325 are LESS likely to be having people standing and swearing than the lower priced areas?

A reply in general regarding concessions but also to the idea in your post that they should be in all areas bar the areas earmarked for safe standing - one 'family' stand is enough afaic

Hopefully not, I'm just a bit surprised to see corporate in that section of the ground at all. I'd a, perhaps naive, view of that being a bit Dortmund style, full of people who won't leave to get the train at 70 minutes and have several inventive chants for when Lamela rolls his (left) foot over the top of the ball, again. I guess we need to monetize it all as best we can, so we can keep Toby in hair product, but I don't want that to be at the expense of the atmosphere. Maybe I'm being harsh on the moneybags who'll buy them, and they'll be leading the charge.

I'll continue to trust Levy, he's not ballsed up with New WHL so far.

I'm not sure that's exactly corporate, just seats in one of the more atmospheric parts of the ground that come coupled with better, private facilities alongside it.
Can't see the people who pick up tickets there really being the type who'd depart after 70 minutes.

Nah football is sanitized enough without having to worry about minding your language or standing because there's kids nearby - sensible to keep them away from certain sections of the ground imo

Not sure why there's a problem expecting people to obey the rules (i.e. not stand up for an extended period) or to behave like pretty decent human beings (not unleash immature tidal waves of obscenity) all over the stadium rather than in one part of the ground.

Not sure why there's a problem expecting people to obey the rules (i.e. not stand up for an extended period) or to behave like pretty decent human beings (not unleash immature tidal waves of obscenity) all over the stadium rather than in one part of the ground.

If that's what you want from a spectating experience at the football fair enough - but it's not for me thanks.

If that's what you want from a spectating experience at the football fair enough - but it's not for me thanks.
Football is about fun and shouting and saying silly things (not racist homophobic or anything that is nasty) but funny stuff and some abuse to players. Swearing is part and parcel of football. If you don’t like your kids hearing that then don’t take them to the game. You take that away from football and you lose the passion. IMO.

The world is a very precious and sad place at the moment. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to the 17th, 18th, 19th and even 20th century where you could say whatever you wanted, and it wouldn’t be reported on social media. That and we wouldn’t have this bloody international woman’s day thing...

From a Spurs supporter perspective that makes sense. But there is another way to look at this, one which is used widely in the States: we're not selling you a football match, we're selling you entertainment. When people in the States go to watch a basketball, or baseball, or hockey game, yes they are going to support their team, but first and foremost they are sold entertainment. You see some minor league baseball teams fill their stadiums because they put out a good entertainment product, not necessarily a good team (and there's no promotion to the big leagues there either to at least set a goal for the season; you'll always be a minor league team and if you come first, then meh).

So I am wondering if this is what the thought is around the new stadium. Everything seems to be entertainment driven. Some people may say that this might affect the atmosphere, as it could attract a different set of fans. But going by American sports again, the atmosphere at games is very good, even though the focus is not on the die-hard fans.

Just my two cents...

The American sports are huge on entertainment but their sports are driven that way

The whole day Is an event and its set up for that

We have teams who sole amibition is to not concede and that effects entertainment

I get it as an angle but football is not comparable to the US sports IMO

Fair enough but please dont buy a ticket in the South stand, as boozing, swearing standing are all integral parts of what makes football so special, and Spurs the most special of the lot.

I don't get to games that often these days! My grandchildren go every week to Brentford and are non the worse for hearing a few expletives which they definitely hear but 'in the main' ignore.
My Son went to WHL from the age of 8 (now 32) with me and he has survived. My take is as long as people do not leave the brains at home like we saw at West Ham on Saturday then we can relax and enjoy the experience.
I do think we should not switch off to those around us, give and take.

As in adding friends? I’ve already done it but it’s a bit glitchy.
From the blurb:

'My Season Ticket Network is similar to My Network function provided on eticketing....'

The lead person needs to add all group members....

But there's no 'My Season Ticket Network' in my Account.

So where is it or when will it be available??

Hope you're right, but it's more the not back in their seats for the start of the second half that annoys me, looks ridiculous having a big empty space when the game gets back underway (I'm thinking England and cup semis/finals here, more than us, cos obviously we're better ;) ).
My brother got tickets for an England game in "those" posh seats opposite the camera. He pre-ordered a pint of lager. At half time it took about 12 minutes to get to the bar, queue up, find his drink, so in the few minutes it took him to drink it, he missed the start of the second half.

It is not the individual, nor the price they pay for the ticket, it is the system.

318EF8A0-6E0A-438A-A612-AD85B510EC65.jpeg
From the blurb:

'My Season Ticket Network is similar to My Network function provided on eticketing....'

The lead person needs to add all group members....

But there's no 'My Season Ticket Network' in my Account.

So where is it or when will it be available??
I added all the people that I will be allocating tickets to today. Go to my account, then my network. It works now on my phone.

Thanks, but I've got all that and the five guys in 'My Network'. But the blurb implies there's a 'My Season Ticket Network' which isn't the same thing?

I called them. My son and I are in phase 7. If it reaches us and there are none left in concession areas then we have to buy our juniors an adult ticket elsewhere.

I had a quick scan of the stadium colour chart and I had it at much lower than 35,000 for concession areas. It's most of the North and about half of the South and some bits elsewhere. I had it at somewhere around the 20k mark.

I'v had a look at this in more detail - I reckon that in total there are about 30,000 seats available at concession prices - approx 16000 in South stand (as only 1000 are the 1882 premium-lite and we know that the stand holds about 17,000 seats). Then there are about 14,000 seats available in North Stand and wrapping around into sections of the North East and North West corners and then additionally a small number of seats in West Lower and East Lower.

Included within this number are the designated family blocks look like they accommodate about 2500 seats.

With this in mind I am a little less anxious - we know that there are 42,000 season ticket holders and there will be a few (I reckoon about 4,000+) who wont renew which is in line with regular 10% turnover each season - some will just have taken one at Wembley for the year. Additionally there will be those happy to pay the extra to seat in general admission West and East stands which I think should ensure that there are roughly enough seats available by phase 8 for people in my position.

I am making a lot of estimates and assumptions so might be very wrong though!

I'v had a look at this in more detail - I reckon that in total there are about 30,000 seats available at concession prices - approx 16000 in South stand (as only 1000 are the 1882 premium-lite and we know that the stand holds about 17,000 seats). Then there are about 14,000 seats available in North Stand and wrapping around into sections of the North East and North West corners and then additionally a small number of seats in West Lower and East Lower.

Included within this number are the designated family blocks look like they accommodate about 2500 seats.

With this in mind I am a little less anxious - we know that there are 42,000 season ticket holders and there will be a few (I reckoon about 4,000+) who wont renew which is in line with regular 10% turnover each season - some will just have taken one at Wembley for the year. Additionally there will be those happy to pay the extra to seat in general admission West and East stands which I think should ensure that there are roughly enough seats available by phase 8 for people in my position.

I am making a lot of estimates and assumptions so might be very wrong though!
I think you are about right.... Although remember that the front of the South Stand that is future proofed for safe standing is not availabe for kids. your 30 odd thousand number is still a reasonable one though IMO.

I would be surprised if as many as 10% drop out considering it is a new stadium. I think drop outs are more likely after the first year when people have at least experienced it for a year.

Back