• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Thought he was excellent again against Bournemouth (I suppose his performances are so consistently good that they warrant no need for mention), especially his crunching tackle to break up the B’Mouth attack leading to (I think) our 3rd goal.

Yes he was, my MOM by a mile.

Agree with the assessments of @90291Spur & @parklane1

Eriksen was the quiet MOTM yesterday (Son being the obvious), a few of his passes yesterday were sublime (the one Harry got injured on included), with Son, Dele and Lamela running in front of him, he can really hurt opposition teams.

Yeah my motm too.

It looked to me like 2nd half Wanyama dropped deeper, the base of a diamond shape, with Eriksen and Dembele further forward left and right. It worked better for us.

Yeah my motm too.

It looked to me like 2nd half Wanyama dropped deeper, the base of a diamond shape, with Eriksen and Dembele further forward left and right. It worked better for us.

OT Wanyama looked like was so unfit and practically lame, he looked dreadful fitness wise. Got worse as the 2nd half progressed (your post reminded me).

That is only a handful a season.

If anything I think it says a lot about the club in the PL era, how bad have we been that we dont even have players getting a decent amount of assists?

And the look at the last few seasons!:eek:

It's going a bit off topic but Anderton really was a useful assister.

Great performance by Eriksen against Bournemouth. He's such a good footballer that on a day when everyone else is playing to their top ability (like some of the Bournemouth players were), Eriksen rules the roost with a standard showing.

I watched a documentary Yesterday about the Danish national team, and a large part of it was about Eriksen. He said he was very happy at Spurs, made very good money and had a very settled life with his girlfriend. He also said that people on the outside, especially the media, was so focused on money. For him that wasn't even an issue. He considered himself very lucky to be able to live the life he has now. He wanted to improve as a footballer, and said Spurs had everything to do that, with fantastic facilities and a fantastic coach and a great team that worked for each other, always pushing forward.

I watched a documentary Yesterday about the Danish national team, and a large part of it was about Eriksen. He said he was very happy at Spurs, made very good money and had a very settled life with his girlfriend. He also said that people on the outside, especially the media, was so focused on money. For him that wasn't even an issue. He considered himself very lucky to be able to live the life he has now. He wanted to improve as a footballer, and said Spurs had everything to do that, with fantastic facilities and a fantastic coach and a great team that worked for each other, always pushing forward.
So that's him off in the summer then...

He'd be so hard to replace. Only a handful of players in the world have his ability and they're almost all at the top five or six clubs in the world. His attitude also separates him from most others. He's the opposite to a rock star wannabee footballer. More of a librarian. Same with Kane.

Good piece and its good to see those in the media starting to accept how good this guy is, i know there are some who disagree with this but ( imo) he is our most important player.

Its why I want us to get Maddison as the nearest I've seen to an Eriksen style player

Its why I want us to get Maddison as the nearest I've seen to an Eriksen style player

Probably said it before but the son in law is a ST at Norwich and he rates the guy as to good to stay in the Championship, the fans were up in arms about losing Pritchard (although he was missing games through injury) and he thinks it will take a good offer for Norwich to let him go. They do have a good squad of youngsters coming through the youth ranks ( it has always been a good set up there) so who knows.

But as we all know fans are the last to know what is really happening at most clubs.

Good piece and its good to see those in the media starting to accept how good this guy is, i know there are some who disagree with this but ( imo) he is our most important player.
it reminds me a little of Modric, we all knew how good he was by watching him every week but it took a while for everyone else to catch up.

Back