• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

As Bedford has already said he is not just a hold up player ( although he is very good at that), he does make runs and its something that will improve the more he plays. I think its hard for a 21/22 aged player ( which i believe was his age when he came here) to settle into a much faster game then he was used to in Holland, but i still believe there is a very good player in him.

A player that’s much better suited to us than Lampost Llorente

I just don't see a young forward getting the game time to develop tbh

Not whilst Kanes here at least, it'll be drips and drabs - someone like Giroud without the Arsenal link would be my personal preference

But isn't that exactly what Llorente was?

Dont forget Sanchez, similar in potential/lower league buy - £40 - for a defender no less.

In context, £50m for a free scoring (slightly younger) player of potential seems to be within reason.

Though I agree, it is a huge amount of money.
It seems huge, but at least Sess won't be on a salary that other, more established £50m players will be demanding. So you have to add that into the mix too. I think Sessegnon is as sure a thing as you can get in terms of young talent, especially under the tutelage of Poch, and his value will only go up. So we could have a £100m player on our hands in 2-3 years time.

Bale for Toby, you heard it here first. Our net loss, but at least we get quality back.

Not sure what Poch does with the defence now. If Toby goes there will be a hole, and not sure how we fill it while keeping Sanchez developing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Bale for Toby, you heard it here first. Our net loss, but at least we get quality back.

Not sure what Poch does with the defence now. If Toby goes there will be a hole, and not sure how we fill it while keeping Sanchez developing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Ramos and Varane will still be first choice CB pairing next season. Don't think Toby would want to go there to be a backup player.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

With Liverpool United Chelsea and Arsenal all needing a overhaul in defense lets not kid ourselves that Alderweireld is going to be playing anywhere other than the Premier League next season - he'll earn more at any of those clubs than he would abroad so he'll either sign a new deal here or hold out for his release clause and join one of those 4 imho

With Liverpool United Chelsea and Arsenal all needing a overhaul in defense lets not kid ourselves that Alderweireld is going to be playing anywhere other than the Premier League next season - he'll earn more at any of those clubs than he would abroad so he'll either sign a new deal here or hold out for his release clause and join one of those 4 imho

... if any of those are willing to match the asking price for an injury proned aging player ... ;)

He couldn't get into Athletico's team 3 years ago.
So? Plenty of players just dont do it at one club for various reasons. He is one of the best CBs in Europe, hence why a lot of Europes' top clubs will be in for him if available. If Real Madrid want him, its not unforseeable he'd be viewed as a first team player. I dont see as Varane as being a better player than him,just younger....

No offence but Toby is one of the best CBs in Europe, and you dont know whether he'd get in Madrids first team or not....
Ramos is undroppable. In a competition between Toby and Varane I'm not sure who would win out...

Not sure Real will spend big money (or Bale) on Alderweireld considering their options for that position already. Might look for a younger player that could replace Ramos in time. Alderweireld doesn't seem like an obvious fit. Will have to replace Bale and Ronaldo in the next couple of seasons as well as Modric, that will be the priority and most likely ridiculously expensive.

Back