• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Tottenham are set for talks with Heung-Min Son over a new contract, Sky Sports News understands.

Discussions are pencilled in for the coming weeks as Spurs prepare to reward the South Korean for his continued fine form.

Son is on course to surpass the 20-goal mark for a second successive season having scored 18 in 43 appearances this term, including seven in his last four games

Interesting considering his military duty
That's probably a clause we want to insert!

Although it's hanging over him I'm still glad we took the gamble, he's more than justified his fee with his contribution since he came. I guess the threat of it has helped deter any outside interest in him so hopefully the new contract will cover us for both possibilities, ideally followed by him winning a trophy for Korea and then is having secured him for another 5 years!

Son turning 26 this summer. Has to start military service before age 28. Could be exempt if he wins a trophy with his country.

I'm just wondering - he's under contract with us in a foreign country. Surely there must be some other loopholes here. Worst case scenario, Son marries a British woman and becomes a British citizen. Right? :p

Son turning 26 this summer. Has to start military service before age 28. Could be exempt if he wins a trophy with his country.

I'm just wondering - he's under contract with us in a foreign country. Surely there must be some other loopholes here. Worst case scenario, Son marries a British woman and becomes a British citizen. Right? :p
A much simpler solution would be for him to tell them to stick their military service.

I suspect he is a proud young man, and will do what all his compatriots have done.

Quite right too. We have benefitted from his pride, seems churlish to deny his country.

I want what is best for Spurs, fudge some artificial sense of nationality based on accident of birth.

So your loyalty to Spurs should be held so cheap ?

See St Crispian's Day speech

See Honorificabilitudinitatibus

See Wheechair - denying everything you've professed to believe in for personal aggrandisement

Much as I admire your Spurs-centric views & efforts Scara, we seem destined to differ on this one.

So your loyalty to Spurs should be held so cheap ?

See St Crispian's Day speech

See Honorificabilitudinitatibus

See Wheechair - denying everything you've professed to believe in for personal aggrandisement

Much as I admire your Spurs-centric views & efforts Scara, we seem destined to differ on this one.
It's not really a Spurs-centric view, it's a me-centric view. And what I want is for Spurs to win football matches - far more than I want South Korea to have another bit of cannon fodder or Son to be liked by the plebs in his country.

Last edited:
It's not really a Spurs-centric view, it's a me-centric view. And what I want is for Spurs to win football matches - far more than I want South Korea to have another bit of cannon fodder or Son to be liked be the plebs in his country.

OK. I'll bite.

You, Sir, are a clam.

I suspect he is a proud young man, and will do what all his compatriots have done.

Quite right too. We have benefitted from his pride, seems churlish to deny his country.

Personally I have no interest in seeing any kid, let alone a hugely talented footballer at my club, get sent to fight in wars. You can be proud of your country without going into the military. Soldiers will always have my sympathies and support of course, I simply wish they didn’t have to go...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back