• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched I, Tonya the other day, pretty poor film, they tried to make it a comedy, just found it a bit boring. Would have preferred a more serious documentary type film on the subject.

Also watched the new murder on the orient express, felt a little disappointed with that as well, but it’s watchable.

Annihilation.

Same director as Ex Machina, which I loved. Strong cast. Great effects. Interesting premise. Some stunning visuals.

And yet, I just kind of didnt like it. Its missing something for me, its lacking heart maybe, something to connect to.

No real arc or development. Things happen, the end.

I thought it sucked balls. Couldn't understand where the great reviews were coming from. Weak script, poor acting and terrible dialogue. Very little scifi about it, more like a drama with some horror elements.

Its an odd one. I dont get the reviews either.

Im not sure I thought it sucked balls, but its certainly one where the more I think about it the less I rate it.

It was so boring that I had lost all interest long before they got to the supposedly interesting parts. The characters was the weakest point. We didn't get to know them at all and the dialogue ... cringe.

Just watched " Three Billboards outside Ebbing" really enjoyed it 8/10 for me.

I liked it while I was watching it, thought it was very good, but after it ended I felt a bit disappointed. Can’t really articulate why but just felt it deserved a better ending.
Mind you I was watching it on a plane so the viewing experience is not great and I have no idea how much might have been edited out. The swearing was all dubbed over which whilst a bit amusing soon became plain annoying.
- The C- word became “cook”. (A woman being called a cook by her son having somewhat less impact);
- The N-word became “flipper”.(Leading to some bizarre mental images at the mention of ‘flipper torturer’);
- The F-word became “fudge”(A comforting reminder of being on here seeing messages quoted by those who have the swear filter on):
And best of the lot - what I can only assume was an exclamation of ‘Je sus Chr ist!’became “Judas Priest”.

I think I will have to watch it again in a more suitable environment.

I liked it while I was watching it, thought it was very good, but after it ended I felt a bit disappointed. Can’t really articulate why but just felt it deserved a better ending.
Mind you I was watching it on a plane so the viewing experience is not great and I have no idea how much might have been edited out. The swearing was all dubbed over which whilst a bit amusing soon became plain annoying.
- The C- word became “cook”. (A woman being called a cook by her son having somewhat less impact);
- The N-word became “flipper”.(Leading to some bizarre mental images at the mention of ‘flipper torturer’);
- The F-word became “fudge”(A comforting reminder of being on here seeing messages quoted by those who have the swear filter on):
And best of the lot - what I can only assume was an exclamation of ‘Je sus Chr ist!’became “Judas Priest”.

I think I will have to watch it again in a more suitable environment.

Sounds like a good idea :).

I thought Darkest Hour was average. It is worth watching, but the portrayal of Churchill and the King felt much, much more realistic in the TV series "The Crown". It is also just the story of Dunkirk i.e. should we pull the soldiers out, how can we get them out, send private boats, no way, yes way, no way, way, OK. So the film "Dunkirk" covered this same time period in a much more powerful way. It wasn't bad, but it was not as good as The Crown or Dunkirk IMO.

Back