• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

We should have pulled out when they blew up a sodding passenger airliner. We should have pulled out when they allied themselves with the worst excesses of the Assad regime. But if something's worth doing, it's still worth doing late. And if there was ever a final straw, it's deploying chemical weapons in a low-end chain pizzeria.

The one major benefit of England not going to Russia is that half of our first team get a good rest over the summer ahead of next season.

The FA make decisions based only on commercial factors, never sporting ones.

As such, we will most definitely be going to Russia. We will have a huge hype train around our prospects. There will be enormous amounts of sponsorship/marketing/endorsements/promotions/product placement.

And, of course, the team will flop to the first decent side we meet in the knock outs.

Thats what happens when you choose the team based upon who the players play for, not how good or well suited the players are.

So Hendersen, Smalling, A Young, Cahill, Lalana, Clyne etc will all be in there despite not making a good side.

Yawn.

I hope we pull out. Reasons:
- Its a pretty high chance that the Russians will make life difficult for our team out there as a very public way of getting back at the UK. Get ready for the England team's hotels being cancelled, or there not being running water for a few days, or....
- life for our fans will be made extremely difficult, and not just for the anti-social group which follow England.
- given what Russia has been doing in terms of international provocation, the World Cup should never have been awarded to them, or should have been withdrawn

Would also be pleased for the Spurs players to get a rest this summer!

I think we should boycott the Qatar one a hell of a lot more than the Russia, purely sporting I can see the reason for the Russia WC but there is no sporting reason for Qatar, we know it was won on a bribe and they won with a Summer bid that is now moved to winter- its a crock of brick.

I think we should boycott the Qatar one a hell of a lot more than the Russia, purely sporting I can see the reason for the Russia WC but there is no sporting reason for Qatar, we know it was won on a bribe and they won with a Summer bid that is now moved to winter- its a crock of brick.

Both are terrible!

Well this is jolly!
Reflects the subject matter.
International football is up there with the Rumbelows cup now! Sad but inevitable with the 24/7 saturation of football on the TV

Anybody going to russia this summer must be certifiably deranged! Or have a death wish. Or be a West Ham pitch invader! or ...nah just kidding
With regards to violence I expect it to go relatively smoothly myself, Putin still has an iron and I expect him to have made it clear that mass violence wont be tolerated. Where I would be worried is if you fall foul of the law in anyway they would love to throw the book at you.

With regards to violence I expect it to go relatively smoothly myself, Putin still has an iron and I expect him to have made it clear that mass violence wont be tolerated. Where I would be worried is if you fall foul of the law in anyway they would love to throw the book at you.

Any old iron? ;)

I hope your right some of the russian 'football followers' are head cases, like the majority of ours. Not a good mix.

Any old iron? ;)

I hope your right some of the russian 'football followers' are head cases, like the majority of ours. Not a good mix.
Russia have spent a lot of money to get this tournament (some under the table) for propaganda reasons I doubt they did that to beat up a few English fans, and they have the means and motivation to stop it. (*this was an opinion I heard by a regional expert on a podcast that I agreed with - it rang true with me).

Squad for friendlies announced

Full squad:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (West Ham), Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: Kyle Walker, John Stones (Emirates Marketing Project), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Alfie Mawson (Swansea)

Midfielders: Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Adam Lallana, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (all Liverpool), Jack Wheelchair (Arsenal), Jake Livermore (West Brom)

Forwards: Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Emirates Marketing Project), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

Back