• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

A lot of praise coming out of Ipswich today regarding CCV. Manager, players and fans rate him highly and want him back next year.

He is a good player at that level. And is well suited to that sort of team.

I dont see him having a future with us, I think Foyth has taken his place in our thinking.

He looked a colossus at youth level, but like many it was his physique that gave him the edge. Foyth looks much more assured on the ball and more mobile, his defending will improve with coaching and experience. I sure CCV will have a good career but not at a top club, I hope I'm wrong.

Pretty well my take. Theres no shame in not making this team. And I for one love seeing all the players out there that we made, even if they didnt make the team here.

I think he is a good player, just, for us, not the right player.

Foyth has much more to his game and suits us well. Thats life.

0-1 Porto 30 mins
0-2 Porto 40 mins

All Porto atm

HT Porto are excellent

FT 0-2 we huffed and puffed but never really laid a glove on them!

To borrow some well worn football phrases!

Last edited:
He is a good player at that level. And is well suited to that sort of team.

I dont see him having a future with us, I think Foyth has taken his place in our thinking.

He was not quite cutting it at Sheffield United. Was in and out and then sent back. But at Ipswich he is doing well, but they are playing three at the back so it might be that which is helping him settle and develop. Its still early days for him. He has the physique and pace, he can learn to be more patient on the ball and know when to push in.

He was not quite cutting it at Sheffield United. Was in and out and then sent back. But at Ipswich he is doing well, but they are playing three at the back so it might be that which is helping him settle and develop. Its still early days for him. He has the physique and pace, he can learn to be more patient on the ball and know when to push in.
He played most games for Sheff Utd, it was only at around Xmas time he was dropped, not sure why and then immediately sent back from his loan in Jan. He was playing in a back 3 at Sheff Utd as well.

He doesn't play too often so it's difficult to form much of an opinion on him but in the few times I've seen him he's been ok. Looks a bit behind technically compared to the rest of the group but has a good engine and gets stuck in, he usually plays RW as an orthodox up and down the line type wide player but I don't think they've really settled on a position for him yet. He and Max Tainio haven't really had much of a look in so far and have been playing down with the U16s but they might get more of a chance next year when some of this group move up to the U23s, next year's intake won't be so big so there will be more room for them.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/u18s-share-spoils-spurs

Didn't realise Poch son plays in the under 18's plus didn't know he was so old as well!!

Poch's elder son is a sport scientist at the club too. It's unashamed nepotism, but that's latin culture (if anglo-saxons looked after their children and elderly with the same dedication, we wouldn't have a quarter of our social problems)

He writes about it in his book. The family originally didn't relocate to London from Southampton because Maurizio was in the academy there and Poch wouldn't split-up the family. So I think the club agreed to give him an academy place to stop Poch having to drive the length of the M3 twice a day.

Poch's elder son is a sport scientist at the club too. It's unashamed nepotism, but that's latin culture (if anglo-saxons looked after their children and elderly with the same dedication, we wouldn't have a quarter of our social problems)

He writes about it in his book. The family originally didn't relocate to London from Southampton because Maurizio was in the academy there and Poch wouldn't split-up the family. So I think the club agreed to give him an academy place to stop Poch having to drive the length of the M3 twice a day.

I saw this article on him recently

http://www.trainingground.guru/arti...tino-premier-leagues-youngest-sport-scientist

Anything that helps keep Pochettino happy and the club is fine by me.... Also good to see in Milo's article below that he graduated with a first class degree - is clearly bright and prepared to put the work in.

There's a story in Poch's book about how a group of youth players rebelled against Sebastiano's methods, and how Poch left him to try and assert authority without intervening

Edwards - Unused Sub in Norwich's 3-2 win over Reading.
Onomah - Unused Sub in Villa's 1-0 loss at Bolton
Harrison - Unused Sub in Southends draw at Blackpool
Walkes - played the 90 in Portsmouths win at Oldham
CCV - played the 90 in Ipswich's losee at Bristol City
Amos - played 87 mins and got a goal in Stevenage's 2-2 draw at Port Vale

Back