• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Is he?
There's only so many top level midfielders that those teams can have. And we have improved since our last interest in him three years ago.
If we even advance one stage further in the CL this season and finish in the top three of the PL, it puts us in a rather attractive position.
And then there's the other factors that could have a small added effect - Pochettino, London, playing with one of the best attackers and best defences in Europe, two former PSG players already in our squad.
Maybe we can even offer a competitive wage by summer...

You can apply the same logic to Neymar

In which case he'll go to City, Madrid, Barca or Bayern. We may have been interested in him 4 or 5 years ago, but he's well out of league now.

We'll see. I think you will be proven wrong......again. He will either stay with PSG or will end up somewhere like us, Atletico etc. I don't see any of those teams you mention being interested in him given the players they already in that position.

I disagree. I like the look of him tbh and I think with our manager getting him upto speed with our fitness and method of play I think he would be a great addition.

Doesn’t look quick enough to me for start

And he is no better from what I’ve seen than Winks playing well

Doesn’t look quick enough to me for start

And he is no better from what I’ve seen than Winks playing well

I think he is currently better than Winks personally although that isn't a slight against Winks, he just has a bit more experience currently but that shouldn't be a reason necessarily not to sign someone of 22, he has potential to improve especially in our set up but I get that you aren't massively a fan which is cool.

I think he is currently better than Winks personally although that isn't a slight against Winks, he just has a bit more experience currently but that shouldn't be a reason necessarily not to sign someone of 22, he has potential to improve especially in our set up but I get that you aren't massively a fan which is cool.

I always looked at it in the past that he wasn’t good enough to start for them in a weak league so why would we...

Now he is starting he is playing well I assume as he plays regularly

I just look at him and think he is one paced and lacks variety

I’ve only seen him play 4/5 times though

Sessegnon, Dolberg, De Vrij and Rabiot in the summer would be a very good window for us. Sissoko, Llorente, Janssen, Onomah and N'koudou out with Foyth and CCV given loans

• Dolberg hasn't been great this season - plus, he needs playing time, and he won't get that warming the bench for Kane.
  • Sessegnon is great, but he's a left-winger, not a left-back - something to bear in mind. It would even be a stretch to call him a possible LWB anymore, since he plays so far forward. More like Son than like Rose, basicaly.
  • De Vrij's good, but he's a right-footed center-back - we have four of those already in Sanchez, Dier, Toby and Foyth. If anything, what we need is a left-footed center-back to eventually replace Jan - Clement Lenglet at Sevilla, Alessio Romagnoli at Milan, and so on.
  • Rabiot won't leave PSG, they won't sell him and he wouldn't even consider us. So no point dreaming about impossibilities there.

As for the outgoings -

• Llorente's only been here a few months - too soon to let him go.
  • Foyth's looked good in his outings in the FA Cup - shaky, but great on the ball and confident enough to take ownership of it. I think he can make an impact next season.
  • CCV's already on loan right now. Not sure what another loan would do for him.

And I'll add two more to the outgoings this summer -

• Toby - we're losing him, if his sidelining by Poch is any indicator. The whole 'injury' thing resembles the 'fitness' thing Poch cited last season to keep Walker out of half the games in favor of Trippier, and this story looks like it will have the same ending - heartbreakingly so, but still.
  • Rose - see above.

Those two outgoings will have to be accounted for.

Rumours ( Tabloid rubbish properly ) of Madrid selling Modric this summer. Personally I would take him back. Someone with a wise head could make all the difference and he was never reliant on his pace either. At 32 he could play another 4 years easily and be our Pirlo.

Not sure he fits into Pochs managerial style though. The rumours say liverpool and the scum want him, and that he wants to come back to London. Like I said, probably all rubbish, but interesting.

Rumours ( Tabloid rubbish properly ) of Madrid selling Modric this summer. Personally I would take him back. Someone with a wise head could make all the difference and he was never reliant on his pace either. At 32 he could play another 4 years easily and be our Pirlo.

Not sure he fits into Pochs managerial style though. The rumours say liverpool and the scum want him, and that he wants to come back to London. Like I said, probably all rubbish, but interesting.

As much as I love Modric Id rather see Winks groomed for that role, instead of Modric coming in and effectively stunting Winks development

You think he would have that impact?

Dont get me wrong, I love Modric, always did - I just look at the squad now and wonder if it would actually help or hinder in the longer term.

You think he would have that impact?

Dont get me wrong, I love Modric, always did - I just look at the squad now and wonder if it would actually help or hinder in the longer term.

Don't think he had the energy for a poch team in all matches but to come and dictate play in a crucial match and steady nerves etc.

Only have to go back and see a few of arrys signings that helped us out see out a game.

Back