• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I like a drink and I've had a drink in some brickholes in my time but have never felt the need to have a drink at half time in a football stadium, I just don't know why people want to walk 50/100 yards to queue up for beer in a plastic cup and be barged about in the process, always told my kids go before the match as we're not moving till the end of the game.
I seem to remember something in a survey about pre ordering drinks, wonder how that could work in practice?

Thinking about the injury to Kane's ankle. Every NFL stadium is required to have an X-ray machine on site and some stadiums even have MRI machine. I assume that there will be an x-ray machine at the new stadium. Anyone has info on medical equipments in the new stadium?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I like a drink and I've had a drink in some brickholes in my time but have never felt the need to have a drink at half time in a football stadium, I just don't know why people want to walk 50/100 yards to queue up for beer in a plastic cup and be barged about in the process, always told my kids go before the match as we're not moving till the end of the game.

I'm with you. Once at my seat, I generally don't leave until the game is over. Of course, being spoiled rotten here in Norfa Merica, we can buy a couple of bevvies and take them to our seat. Or buy them from drinks vendors who roam the stands. Have to plan carefully. If you need a whizz, then you've got to choose between missing a couple of minutes of match action or risking lineups at halftime and missing more.

Fond memories of drinking at football matches. Was at the Bernabeu in the '80s and the drinks vendors had big, deep wooden trays with bottles of brandy and rum. Give him the 'Hey, Jimmy!' and he'd be over to pour you healthy shots in plastic cups. They sold cigars out of cups as well.

In bygone days at the old Hampden Park, you could easily smuggle in tins. Then use them as receptacles once the beer had run its course. Sharp tangy reek of used MacEwans would hang over the place. But you'd be singing.

Also fond memories of going to a Canadian university gridiron football championship games with my mates and all of us with long pieces of string tucked into our sleeves or socks. Once in, we'd head right to the top at one end where they'd be tied together and dropped down the back of the stadium where a pal was waiting to tie on wineskins full of rum. Then they'd be hauled up and we'd be all set. Loved pouring streams of hooch into the gaping mouths of young, lovely ladies who clambered up for a free drink.

Or we'd get a cigarette rolling machine and make like 12-inch long joints and tuck them inside the brim of our flat caps or the cuff of our toques. It would get passed around like a native peace pipe.

Can't pull any of that nonsense nowadays.

Never been a big drinker as it such hassle for me with the toilets and the wheelchair, but I've never understood it especially at football matches and also concerts. People spend so long cueing as you say balmy if you ask me.

Never been a big drinker as it such hassle for me with the toilets and the wheelchair, but I've never understood it especially at football matches and also concerts. People spend so long cueing as you say balmy if you ask me.

Didn't realise how difficult it is for people in wheelchairs until my wife had operation on her foot and we had to move around with one for about 6 weeks.

Thinking about the injury to Kane's ankle. Every NFL stadium is required to have an X-ray machine on site and some stadiums even have MRI machine. I assume that there will be an x-ray machine at the new stadium. Anyone has info on medical equipments in the new stadium?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
The 5 story building in the north east, between Lilywhite house and the stadium, is the medical center. No idea what equipment is there, but would imagine it to be adequately equipped.

Block 210
Rows 1-25 : Seats 132-165: £995.00
Rows 30-39 : Seats 132-165: £1200.00

Seats in this block from Row 1 up to the wheelchair-user bays, are future-proofed for safe standing

Please note that row 30, seats 132 – 165 in this block are only available for those registered on the disability access scheme.

There is more safe standing provision than previously let on. In the corners it goes all the way to the top.

Gt64Vie.jpg

EDIT. Unfortunately this scheme is deceptive. The green marks the blocks where there there is some provision for safe standing, not the area with provision for safe standing. The note says "Seats in this block from Row 1 up to the wheelchair-user bays, are future-proofed for safe standing", i.e. that the safe standing only goes up to the wheel chair bay and the corresponding bit in the middle. The upper parts of those blocks will remain seating.

Last edited:
So how do we all feel about the prices? my desired seat(s) are up about £100-115 from WHL and doesn't look like any cup games are included.

About what I expected tbh.

Back