• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth ***

Well well well.

Well done Tottenham. Showed great bottle to comeback.

Above Liverpool and now the same GD.

Shame about the Kane injury. I think if we beat Swansea next week, he will be targetting the semi-final for a comeback assuming its another 6 week job

Oh and yes. Officially cant finish lower than 9th with still 8 left ;)
Woolwich seem to be safe too on 48 points.

I soooo happy after loosing the Juve game...we could have folded..specially with Kane going off..
Great Spirit from the lads...

Come on you Spurs".........................................
If anything, I think Kane going off might have been what got the team going. The players were probably thinking "We're being outplayed and now we lost the player we would rely on to get us back in it. fudge this, let's smash 'em and show what we're made of."

Yes I agree but still 'some' want us to get an upgrade to Llorente.
After today I would like to see Moura bought in to a fluid front three on occasions?

Son could be that player. A third choice striker/sixth choice inside forward is a lower bar for the summer transfer window, if Son performs well whilst Kane is out.

If anything, I think Kane going off might have been what got the team going. The players were probably thinking "We're being outplayed and now we lost the player we would rely on to get us back in it. fudge this, let's smash 'em and show what we're made of."

I wonder if were it not for Kane being such a good player that Pochettino would set his attacks up without a traditional type of CF - Llorente is a good player with a high pedigre so should do well in place of Kane but it just doesn't work, Soldado Adebayor and Janssen too at one time or anotherhave failed also and yet we look quite comfortable whenever we take this different approach

I wonder if were it not for Kane being such a good player that Pochettino would set his attacks up without a traditional type of CF - Llorente is a good player with a high pedigre so should do well in place of Kane but it just doesn't work, Soldado Adebayor and Janssen too at one time or anotherhave failed also and yet we look quite comfortable whenever we take this different approach

I think there’s also something in it with Son having more minutes in him. It seems to take players being really in form to play our sort of intense game and when players haven’t had much game time eg Wanyama, Rose, Llorente, it really shows.

So I think a wide forward that gives the chance to cover Kane and also get some minutes behind the striker is a priority for us in the summer. Or maybe someone like Malcolm, which then frees up Son for both roles.

Remember his tactics at Southampton? He had Lambert up there as a traditional sort of CF, but he wasn't the main goal threat in that side - Lambert's job was to act as a false nine, creating space for Jay Rodriguez cutting in from the left (I think - could also be the right). Lallana and Davis supported those two by conducting play alongside Lambert whenever he dropped deep, and by making runs into spaces across the box to set up even more space for Rodriguez.

If I remember correctly, Rodriguez finished as their top goalscorer, and Lambert topped the assists table. Which is indicative of the way Poch made Soton play - and probably indicative of the way he would have set us up to play if Kane didn't turn out to be GHod in a lilywhite shirt.

You can still see it sometimes when Kane drops deep - it helps that Kane's pretty amazing at spreading the play, but the old directness of the Soton tactics can still be seen in the runs Son and Alli make into space (a la Rodriguez and Davis) while Eriksen conducts play alongside Kane.

I think there’s also something in it with Son having more minutes in him. It seems to take players being really in form to play our sort of intense game and when players haven’t had much game time eg Wanyama, Rose, Llorente, it really shows.

So I think a wide forward that gives the chance to cover Kane and also get some minutes behind the striker is a priority for us in the summer. Or maybe someone like Malcolm, which then frees up Son for both roles.

I was thinking about just this sort of addition - someone equally adept at playing on the wing or up front, much like Son. Kevin Volland at Leverkusen would be my choice, provided his recent spell of good form lasts until the end of the season.

Will we find a back up forward who can perform to a similar level as Son?

Im up for a better forward than Llorente coming in but we seem to do better with a false 9 (?) in place of Kane
I think we might be better served not having another striker, but rather another Son. A backup striker will not get games and be rusty when called upon. Another forward like Son will play games and be match ready. Maybe Moura is that option, or maybe we get Malcom. But I think we're done with backup strikers as long as Kane is at the club.

EDIT: Looks like I'm late to the party. You guys are geniuses! :D

Last edited:
You may be onto something there. We do create and score a lot without Kane in the team. Adding Moura to the mix would make us even more dangerous when Kane is out.

the Hateful media were all nodding to each other after 10 mins that we'd have a CL hangover, our season was lost etc, two fingers up to them, great victory at a difficult place to get 3 points.

An other lucky win, how do they do it with brick like Aurier, Sanchez, Rose, Sissoko and second raters like Lamela, Son and Dele. Glad I cut up my season ticket card after 25 minutes and applied to City for one.
Well, this was closer than the final score would indicate, but we were still deserved winners. And the big difference today: we took our chances! 12 shots, 8 on target, 4 goals. Compare that to 31/8/1 against the Spammers, the 17/2/1 against Soton, the 18/6/1 against Leicester, the 26/8/0 against Swansea, and the 28/5/1 against Burnley. All games that we drew or lost because we couldn't get the ball into the damn net given all the shots we had.

Back