• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

I am absolutely gutted. It almost feels like I lost a close relative. I cannot believe that we didn't go through. But I do think most of you are being a bit unfair to Poch. It's not like Juve made the subs and were causing problems for 15-20 minutes and he didn't react. They scored literally 3 minutes after their subs. How soon do you expect a manager to react, by the way? Within seconds? A minute? That's impossible. And when your team is cruising (which we were up until the goal) there is no reason to disrupt things, just because the other team made a sub.

Is this a learning moment? Of course it is. But I think the biggest learning moment was not today, but the first 10 minutes of the first game. If you want to know why the tie was lost, you need not look any further than that. Because today was simply fine margins.

And by the way, I absolutely detest Higuain. Love Buffon and Chielini, but I wish that Argentinean prick gets taken out for good in their next match.

Did I mention I am gutted?

I bought my first Spurs kit in 1967 as a five year old. So I have seen a lot of Spurs over the years and this result did not surprise me at all. In fact, I sort of expected it, even when we were a goal up. Spurs have been prick teasing for eons and this is exactly the sort of game where they do it to their best. Sorry but I refuse to accept all the superlatives about This side until we start winning these type of games on something approaching a regular basis. Cheat$ki away last season, two goals up, but don't get the result we need. POCH HAS TO GET RUTHLESS.

Last edited:
Just got back to Leeds and the first thing to great me is this ^^^^^^^ cvnt!

It must be great knowing why everybody else is so sh!t. With your skills you should just fvck off to the AR5E, they have more than enough sh!t to categorise.

Or maybe you should just FVCK OFF!

Gutted btw :(

You are not the only one being upset. I am sitting here, sleepless, feeling upset, confused, angry, bitter ....
At least, it is good that we lost in normal time. It would have been harder to accept if we had lost in penalties. And we have the worst records in penalties, even worse than England, mind you.

I bought my first Spurs kit in 1967 as a five year old. So I have seen a lot of Spurs over the years and this result did not surprise me at all. In fact, I sort of expected it, even when we were a goal up. Spurs have been prick teasing for eons and this is exactly the sort of game where they do it to their best. Sorry but I refuse to accept all the superlatives about This side until we start winning these type of games on something approaching a regular basis. Cheat$ki away last season, two goals up, but don't get the result we need. POCH HAS TO GET RUTHLESS.
You mean the Chelsea game season before last. Last season they beat us 2-1 at The Bridge.

I am absolutely gutted. It almost feels like I lost a close relative. I cannot believe that we didn't go through. But I do think most of you are being a bit unfair to Poch. It's not like Juve made the subs and were causing problems for 15-20 minutes and he didn't react. They scored literally 3 minutes after their subs. How soon do you expect a manager to react, by the way? Within seconds? A minute? That's impossible. And when your team is cruising (which we were up until the goal) there is no reason to disrupt things, just because the other team made a sub.

Is this a learning moment? Of course it is. But I think the biggest learning moment was not today, but the first 10 minutes of the first game. If you want to know why the tie was lost, you need not look any further than that. Because today was simply fine margins.

And by the way, I absolutely detest Higuain. Love Buffon and Chielini, but I wish that Argentinean prick gets taken out for good in their next match.

I'm a massive fan of Poch. He's taken us here, and we were the better team thanks mainly to him. When there is an injustice, you look for answers. I was looking at where we can improve. Fundamentally we lost because we conceded 4 goals over the two games. Our back 4 hasn't been as stable or as good as previous seasons and there is a conversation to be had there. The 3 mins following the subs might have been exactly the time to react however. And the team should have been ready for a Juve onslaught, ready to get compact, and defend their goal with everything. It was likely at some point during the second half. Easy to say in hindsight, but you might have had Wanyama fully warmed up and ready to bring in should we be under the cosh. Same applies to Moura who could be used to counter attack, and have the side prepared to play deep and defend with their lives should we need it. Talk it through at HT, then give the signal when they made the sub. We had a 2 goal lead.

As it was we were looking more likely to score again and put the tie to bed. So I'm not blaming Poch, as he would say "its football sometimes". Im interested in what could have been done differently to ensure we win in that scenario. No. 1 is our defense, 2 is being ready to react quickly in the CL, where you have such dangerous players, to a change in momentum.

Last edited:
Yep, sorry about that, but your correction kinda reinforces my thesis doesn't it?
No. It does state that we’ve lost twice in the past two seasons away to Cheat$ki. And while I’m gutted about the result I’m generally more chuffed about the change Poch has brought to the club since Sherwood/AVB/Ramos/Santini/Gross/Graham etc. (I enjoyed Jol & Redschanpps but feel Poch has the potential - POTENTIAL - to make us great - within the financial constraints of the club).

Such a good post. Ultimately Allegri made a great move in making the subs the way he did, it caused confusion, but they literally got their goals straight away. I’m not sure what Poch could have done...if he can learn anything maybe he uses that 1-2 punch kinda sub in his own weaponry in future games, but otherwise it was a clever move from Allegri. Maybe Poch could have dropped super deep for the 5 mins after the second sub, but again, I’ve seen a load of managers do that and get accused of inviting pressure.

Not an easy one, but that’s why the margins are so fine at this level. We know though that whatever Poch needs to learn from this, he will.

How is it a soundbite for the media? Like I said, this is an Italian player, playing for an Italian club. He has won it all basically, one of the best defenders in the world. Has no link with the English media. What possible reason could this man have to put out a 'soundbite'? He is clearly speaking the truth, what he actually believes. This isn't an Arsenal player or a Chelsea fan just trying to put us down in the media. Why would he care about the English league or British media and be trying to hit soundbites?

When you read what he says in context of an Italian speaking his second language, he basically says we lack the experience to win this type of match and that this Juve were there a few years back. It is very different to the soundbite reporting I have seen.

So we have Barzagli stamping on Son twice.
Barzagli taking out Son at the shins.
Matuidi going through Dier and avoiding any sort of card.
Liechtensteiner rabbit punching Son.
Chiellini cleaning Alli out.

On another day at least two of those are straight red cards.

Welcome to "professionalism" and "knowing how to win"...

I am genuinely sad. Not because we're out per se, but because we are such a good side and it just feels like we do not ever get the rub when we most need it. The closest we've got to being as dirty as they were was at Chelski two years ago, and we are never allowed to forget it.

Last edited:
this hurts, i didnt see the match, knew the result, was watching the highlights and up to an hour in, I'm shouting to myself "how did we lose this", but we just lacked that experience at the very highest level, you can blame Poch for still playing a high line and not changing the formation with us a goal up in the 2nd half, you can blame our defenders at not tracking back against a team that has made the CL final in 2 of the last 3 years, you can't buy that nous. I remember graham roberts tell stories of playing in europe that it was at a different level, players were kicking him in the shins at every opportunity, Juve rode their luck, took their chances and then defended like their lives depended on it and rode their luck again with Kane's header at the end.
This'll make us stronger, this'll hurt for a while, but this Poch revolution is far from over, we'll learn from this and know what to do when we're in the same position next year, football at this level is a steep learning curve.

When you read what he says in context of an Italian speaking his second language, he basically says we lack the experience to win this type of match and that this Juve were there a few years back. It is very different to the soundbite reporting I have seen.

With all due respect mate, I wasn't reacting to any written soundbites, in fact I didn't even read what he said. I heard him directly in the post match coverage so no spin on what he said.

Like I said yesterday, I think his comments were relatively accurate and actually contained quite a bit of praise for us as well. It wasn't quite 'Lads, its Tottenham' by any means but the underlying hint is there. Get at us, push and they felt they could get something. They felt we wouldn't be ruthless in our chances. He was right in both no?

People can say look at the Son chance, look at the Kane chance. That is kind of what he is saying though. We're talking about chance after chance missed. He is talking about 2 chances, 2 goals.

We're not terrible cheats at all.

We're one of the most physical teams in the league. We're very good at spreading around fouls. We've got quite a few players who leave elbows and studs in when they feel they've been wronged in some way. We dive. We make some terrible fouls. Even Poch has said openly these are things that we do and rightly so.

We just weren't clever enough about it yesterday. As someone else already said, when we conceded the first and were in the ropes a bir, we should have slowed everything right down. Every Foul on us is a career ending one. I don't care how it looks, get dier or son rolling around on the floor a bit to slow down the pace. That we're not good at.

So we have Barzagli stamping on Son twice.
Barzagli taking out Son at the shins.
Matuidi going through Dier and avoiding any sort of card.
Liechtensteiner rabbit punching Son.
Chiellini cleaning Alli out.

On another day at least two of those are straight red cards.

Welcome to "professionalism" and "knowing how to win"...

I am genuinely sad. Not because we're out per se, but because we are such a good side and it just feels like we do not ever get the rub when we most need it. The closest we've got to being as dirty as they were was at Chelski two years ago, and we are never allowed to forget it.

We honestly should not give a fudge what others think.

Big clubs do not, we are a sensitive bunch

Bitterly disappointed with this defeat. This is typical Spurs, always lets you down when you put too much hope on them.

Too much hype was put into our wins over Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund who were both very poor in the group stages. I

Does "typical Spurs, always letting you down" mean topping the trickiest group, coming back from 2-0 down away to one of Europe's elite in the last 16, before dominating the same team at home before losing? I'd say far from being "typical", that's a huge step-up for us in the grand scheme of things.
And as for the second highlight above - please let's not belittle what we did achieve. There are enough fans of other teams out there ready and willing to do that.

Not of course that I am happy about last night. I am still totally gutted and it doesn't feel any better this morning. A bit less raw but enormously depressing nonetheless, exacerbated by knowing that we weren't out-played by any means and the win was within our control, with too may "if only" moments. BUT let's not go down the "Spurs always let you down route". That's just lazy narrative.

Right, back to sulking.

Just got back to Leeds and the first thing to great me is this ^^^^^^^ cvnt!

It must be great knowing why everybody else is so sh!t. With your skills you should just fvck off to the AR5E, they have more than enough sh!t to categorise.

Or maybe you should just FVCK OFF!

Gutted btw :(
The bloke is unreal
Lamela is his dad and everyone else must have hurt him in a former life
Alli gets kicked to bits yet he think he is trying to win fouls...
And Kane had a free header which to me was NOT a free header .... which lamela should have buried after oh the post (no mention of that)

Back