• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

To have played the better, and lost is hard to take. How did we lose that? Answer: they defended better than us and scored with both shots.

Do we miss Toby? We didn't apart from for 5 minutes. Just that lapse in focus. So yes we missed him.

We were by far the better team, but in both games we let them score twice, and that is why we lost.

Yup. But this is what top top European opposition will do to you, punish you for falling asleep. Juventus needed two chances to score two goals, we regularly need 20 chances to score two goals. We lack experience and cynicism. Can't complain really. Proud of the lads, but we lose out to our own inexperience and naivity. Juventus did exactly what I feared they would, score from the few chances they had. That's what they do. Either we become more efficient ourselves, or we become more cynical defensively.

Oh, well, juventus will get smashed later on, they're the kind of team that's good enough to reach a final, but won't have the pedigree or luck to win it.

On to the league and the cup! Bar three + 9 minutes we did really well.

I felt that Moura (if fit) would have been a better sub than Lamela OR Llorente. Lamela, since he came back, has lacked incisiveness and Llorente requires us to play a different style. Moura could have been a direct threat, stretching Juve and possibly picking up a free kick for us in a dangerous area.

I just had a look at the highlights (painful). You can go on about defensive nous and wily old Italians, and that is true to a point, but the bottom line is that with the chances we had the game should have been well over. We are not clinical enough and that was the difference between going through and not.

Gutted.

So close today. All credit to Poch and the team for being the better side. Poch: sort the defense and be on your toes with subs and changing the team shape. Otherwise we were excellent.
I can't like this post more than once by a click, so I'll like it in words. We have much to learn and I trust we have the right personnel in place to learn. And improve.

I like your post mate but I disagree with one point which is that we have a few major milestones to overcome. We have one imo, we need our players to keep focussed in the big games. Unfortunately in games like this trippiers’ lack of defensive quality and Sanchez’s inexperience cost us today.

Fair enough mate.

I think we need to win a trophy, get a few more good results away against the other top 6 teams and become more adept at in game management, both the manager and players. Oh well.

Chiellini mentioning something about history and it being important. Saying that they knew history, we are a very good attacking team, create a lot of chances but don't always take them. Seems they kept belief even when we went up based on their perception that we aren't particularly clinical.

I've been seriously frustrated by the way we have played against Huddersfield and Palace. We took the mindset that we had against them into the match today, expecting Juve to cause us as few problems as those two teams did.

Our forwards might be tinkled with the defenders, but they have to take a look at themselves because a team like Liverpool (yeah that's right, I'm gonna bring them into it), would've finished Juve off over the two legs.

Bad example seeing as they couldn’t finish off West Brom over 1 leg. I will be very surprised if Liverpool get past Juventus and their defenders.

I felt that Moura (if fit) would have been a better sub than Lamela OR Llorente. Lamela, since he came back, has lacked incisiveness and Llorente requires us to play a different style. Moura could have been a direct threat, stretching Juve and possibly picking up a free kick for us in a dangerous area.

We should have thrown on Lamela AND Moura after 65 minutes.

Did you not see how they controlled the tempo of the game, knew when to take a risk, when to close up shop, when to press etc. They gambled and it paid off.

Yes we do need to be more clever in knockout football.

I don;t agree with that to be honest. I had someone saying the same stuff to me after they went 2-0 up in Turin and we started turning the screw.

'Oh they're doing this on purpose, they're just letting you have the ball, they're not bothered by Spurs etc etc'. Clearly not, as they then conceded 2 goals.

Yeah they're not gung ho by any means but it was a bit more than a gamble. We didn't just have pointless possession, we had possession with very good chances as well.

The ratio of shots on target to goals against us is unreal

It does say a lot about what we need to improve for next season. We've been wasting a lot of chances on a regular basis. Had we put more away, we'd been second in the league by a large margin (based on an xG table I saw earlier today). We simply miss too many good chances. Kind of a luxurious position to be in though, its something we can work on and get better at!

Did you not see how they controlled the tempo of the game, knew when to take a risk, when to close up shop, when to press etc. They gambled and it paid off.

Yes we do need to be more clever in knockout football.

We were clearly naive, but I think Bartender should’ve seen red for his disgraceful dark arts on Sonny, and Pjanic got away with two second yellows. We needed to score more for what we created.

Not sure what happened with Dier’s arm as he clearly couldn’t move it properly? Poch should’ve subbed Wanyama on right after the first Juve goal to bring a bit of fresh energy into that area of the pitch. For me, Davo made a fatal error pushing up on that second - you have to win that challenge if you push that high.

Lesson in dark arts football tonight, the Old Lady showing that even though she is approaching Grannyhood, she still knows how to swing those hips and get a cheeky twinkle from the youth. That goes for management too. They went 3 at the back and we simply did not adapt quickly enough...a fine run regardless. COYS!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

When Kane's header hit the post in the last minute I nearly cried (he was offside just before that mind).

Chellini was literally stuck to Kane all match. At corners he was basically just wrapping him up. I was saying to my son that Kane should stand outside the D for corners and drag him away from the action, and then make a late run.

Gutted by the result, and I feel that we were naïve to switch of for the second goal. But, we played two fantastic games against arguably one of the top three or four European teams over the last 5 years.

For me Chiellini was absolutely outstanding for them. That block from Sonny's cross for Harry to tap in was brilliant. I don't like the dirty tactics, kicking lumps out of players and that w4nker that stamped on Sonny should have seen red - however they know how to play cynically to get a result, and that's what they got. However, I don't want them to win it because they have that Arsenal reject Sneezy as their reserve 'keeper!

I do feel that we are not clinical enough though. We created 23 shots, only 6 were on target and only 1 goal, they scored 2 from 6 attempts and 3 on target. I think this is what lets us down. However, I do think that next season we will be better domestically and we will challenge for the title. We are still young, we are still improving and tonight, although we lost, I am still proud of the way our boys played.

We were clearly naive, but I think Bartender should’ve seen red for his disgraceful dark arts on Sonny, and Pjanic got away with two second yellows. We needed to score more for what we created.

Not sure what happened with Dier’s arm as he clearly couldn’t move it properly? Poch should’ve subbed Wanyama on right after the first Juve goal to bring a bit of fresh energy into that area of the pitch. For me, Davo made a fatal error pushing up on that second - you have to win that challenge if you push that high.

Lesson in dark arts football tonight, the Old Lady showing that even though she is approaching Grannyhood, she still knows how to swing those hips and get a cheeky twinkle from the youth. That goes for management too. They went 3 at the back and we simply did not adapt quickly enough...a fine run regardless. COYS!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Good summary Steff, but I am still gutted. The only consolation for me is that Poch will be learning from this experience and to put it into perspective there are far worse things happening in the world at the moment.

Back