• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

Psychologically we weren't prepared for dominant position after 1st half. Team defenitely lacks leaders and winners.
Gutted so much... Best team after 2 legs lost.

Last edited:
Really disappointed with the defending of Kieran Trippier and Sanchez. Trippier just watched Dybala waltz past him. In big games like this we need Alderweireld.

I'm upset and all but it's the difference between small club and big club mentality nothing to do with the best team which we were. It was all won in the mind

No Lucas Moura brought on then?

No. Only the 2 subs and realistically too late as well. Not sure why we only made 2 subs, the only thing I can think of is that Poch was thinking about ET as well but we actually had to get there first.

Poch and the players were out thought there realistically. Game management poor.

So so disappointed. The contrast vs Juve's was so stark.

Really disappointed with the defending of Kieran Trippier and Sanchez. Trippier just watched Dybala waltz past him. In big games like this we need Alderweireld.

Exactly. And this is why we can’t keep selling our best players. Do we concede those goals with Walker and Toby? I don’t think so. You can talk systems and management all you like but players, ultimately, make the difference.

We bottled it when it went 1-1, for a key few minutes there and lost the tie.

But we have to give them credit, Juventus were very savvy and streetwise and they were good at the key moments infront of goal and in defence. They had a bit of luck with Kane hitting the post, but so did we with the penalty they should have had in the first half.

We did not handle their tactical change very well at all, but there it is. Gutted we couldn't finish the job, but realistically, we were always very very unlikely to win this tournament. We did much better than last season, hopefully we can improve again next time out. Juventus are an elite team and will punish any weakness, that's what they did to us and we have to learn from it.

Not one person reacted to the subs they made, so poor!

Just give it 5 minutes sitting back, take a look at them and then go again!!!!

They looked better than us for 13 minutes in 180 minute game and we’re out! Just can’t switch off like that!

That is what is so gutting. We were better for most of the tie, just a little naive for 15 mins. All credit to them they defended well.

Well done Allegri. I don't like him but he sure is smart

What's funny is that I looked at the benches before the match and thought our options from the bench actually looked better.

I don't know if that is arrogance, ignorance or what but he really turned the game around with his subs and we couldn't respond. Fair play to them.

Allegri took decisive action when things clearly werent working. Poch stood there like a rabbit in the headlights. Difference between top European pedigree and the perennial also-rans

Poch wasn't sharp enough responding to tactical changes there.
As soon as they went 4-4-2 you could feel the momentum change - we should have matched up with them. Or gone 4-3-2-1.

fudge off Fox Sports and Alexi Lalas "this is a huge blow for Spurs and what they are trying to be." No it fudging isn't. It's not like we're a brick team that thinks it belongs and was schooled. We outplayed the brick out of Juve, but they got two chances and scored. That's not savvy on their part. It's not experience. It's not that they're a better team. They were just plain fudging lucky. So give me a fudging break.

fudge fudge fudge fudge fudge etc ad infinitum.

Wait for the first "got to win something" now. I hate football sometimes.

fudge.

Back