• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I doubt he’s really injured. I think it’s the Kyle Walker situation again.

Why would he fake injury? What does he have to gain? Every player wants to play in the big games; why would Toby purposely miss an opportunity to play against the likes of Juventus, simply because he wants a move? He is well aware that Levy will boot him out in the summer if he does not sign a new contract - irrespective if he had a storming season. Does not make any sense to me....

If he/club decide to move on Ajax would be a good place to look for his or Vertonghen's long term replacement, de Ligt has been playing extremely well and is very much in the same mold. Oh and whilst Levy is at it Frenkie de Jong looks very promising, so much talent there as always.

Serious question for people. And before anyone asks I’ll never stop going home and away but I’ve been going long enough I’m at the point that going to football is more about seeing my mates having a laugh and having a good day out. But what is everyone’s genuine expectations moving forward if we continue to sell our best players? I can’t help but feel we are never going to achieve anything other then the odd league cup and top 4 finishes if this is the club ‘ethos’

Serious question for people. And before anyone asks I’ll never stop going home and away but I’ve been going long enough I’m at the point that going to football is more about seeing my mates having a laugh and having a good day out. But what is everyone’s genuine expectations moving forward if we continue to sell our best players? I can’t help but feel we are never going to achieve anything other then the odd league cup and top 4 finishes if this is the club ‘ethos’

If Chelsea and Arsenal are struggling with their vastly superior income.
What do 'you' think is our realistic future prognosis is?

Well nothing tbf. If we continue to sell our best players all I see us achieveing is the odd league cup and top 4 finishes. I don’t but into this whole ‘project’ if once we have the players to properly compete we sell them.

Well nothing tbf. If we continue to sell our best players all I see us achieveing is the odd league cup and top 4 finishes. I don’t but into this whole ‘project’ if once we have the players to properly compete we sell them.

If only life was that simple.
Players are just like the rest of us.They want to improve thier lives for them and thier families just like everybody else.
Players will come and go. You can't stop them.

Why would he fake injury? What does he have to gain? Every player wants to play in the big games; why would Toby purposely miss an opportunity to play against the likes of Juventus, simply because he wants a move? He is well aware that Levy will boot him out in the summer if he does not sign a new contract - irrespective if he had a storming season. Does not make any sense to me....

Maybe it’s not Toby faking injury, but Pochettino freezing him out. Look what’s happened with most of the other players forced out of the club due to not being considered reliable for one reason or another. I’m not saying it’s definite but funny how an injury that should have taken two months to recover from, has seen him miss majority of over 4 months. I’m not convinced. We need him to be at his best, but I am sure we’ve seen his last appearance for us.

Well, clubs that are not selling players are doomed, that´s a fact. And to be able to sell something (like a player) you need a buyer. And just wanting to sell your dead wood (or players that you might not need anymore) will either results in a situation where it is hard to even find or buyer or finding a buyer that is willing to pay significantly less than a few years ago, when the said player started week in and week out.

That´s called running a buisness, but that something we as fans can give a shi*t about; all we want an ocean of money and every single players on the planet is avaiable for us. And sadly, many fans tend to belive that´s also the reality, not just a wet dream.

Take a few moments to look at the new stadium.

Take a few more moments to imagine a different scenario to propose to Spurs fans.

Stop thinking negatively. Or, more appropo, set aside negative thoughts like this until you see how the new stadium affects Spurs operations.

Return to subject in three-to-five years.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s not Toby faking injury, but Pochettino freezing him out. Look what’s happened with most of the other players forced out of the club due to not being considered reliable for one reason or another. I’m not saying it’s definite but funny how an injury that should have taken two months to recover from, has seen him miss majority of over 4 months. I’m not convinced. We need him to be at his best, but I am sure we’ve seen his last appearance for us.

Why would Pochettino freeze him out!
I think we should shut up with all the conspiracy bunkum and just see what happens!
We have a wonderful football match coming up on Wednesday!

Back