• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Still hoping he can get 30 league goals this season. Only needs 6 more. Wouldn't be surprised if he got at least one more hat trick before the end of the season.

I hope he gets the golden boot again, Salah and Aguero are in good form. Kane seems to score most matches but could do with going on one of those runs where he gets 2/3 in a game a couple of weeks running. Would be great if he can break the 30 goal barrier - with a good run he could even beat the most in a 38 game season.

Why is Kane getting a reputation as a diver when he doesn’t dive?

He definitely makes the most out of any contact that is made and goes down when he could just as easily stay on his feet. The question shouldn’t be is there contact because contact isn’t necessarily a foul, the question should be were you fouled or were you impeded.

He definitely makes the most out of any contact that is made and goes down when he could just as easily stay on his feet. The question shouldn’t be is there contact because contact isn’t necessarily a foul, the question should be were you fouled or were you impeded.
Catch-22. Go down easily with little contact, get called a diver, but win more penalties and free kicks. Stay on your feet as whenever possible, but refs rarely blow their whistle when you do, so win fewer penalties and free kicks and decrease the chance of achieving success.

If refs were better at giving free kicks when a player is impeded without going down the choice becomes an easier one. But I would hate to see us miss out on success because our players stay on their feet when fouled.

Catch-22. Go down easily with little contact, get called a diver, but win more penalties and free kicks. Stay on your feet as whenever possible, but refs rarely blow their whistle when you do, so win fewer penalties and free kicks and decrease the chance of achieving success.

If refs were better at giving free kicks when a player is impeded without going down the choice becomes an easier one. But I would hate to see us miss out on success because our players stay on their feet when fouled.

I definitely agree with that. Refs need to get better educated and/or educate themselves regarding how to identify if a player is impeded or fouled even if he stays on his feet as not all contact will send a player to the ground. The ref should allow play to continue if the player stays on his feet and can gain advantage, but bring the play back and give a penalty if the attacker doesn't gain an advantage i.e. get himself in a position to score or to set up an opponent. I recall an incident with Coutinho last season where he stayed on his feet even when he was fouled but he stumbled and lost his balance. He didn't get a penalty, that's not right.

I hope he gets the golden boot again, Salah and Aguero are in good form. Kane seems to score most matches but could do with going on one of those runs where he gets 2/3 in a game a couple of weeks running. Would be great if he can break the 30 goal barrier - with a good run he could even beat the most in a 38 game season.

What is incredible about this run he is on is that by his standards, he is in a bit of a chance conversion slump! Missed two sitters against the goons, two yesterday against palace, yet still scored in each game. I wonder if he will be back to multiple goal games when he is back to full sharpness?!!! Incredible.

Unlucky and poor fishing today, but kept trying and got the winner. Doesn't look quite at his best, but I'm sure he'll get back to it soon.
I wonder what the sentiment would have been if it was Llorente who missed those two sitters that Harry missed yesterday...

Back