• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Or, we could grow a child into a teenager into a man and pray, pray, pray he turns into the finest striker in world football. And fiercely loyal. That could work.
That would never happen. He'd dye his hair red and go play for L'Arse.

I'd rather try to hold on to TA. JV isn't getting any younger and if we lose Toby and then Jan in the next few years, we will be left with a group of young inexperienced centre halves.

I'd rather try to hold on to TA. JV isn't getting any younger and if we lose Toby and then Jan in the next few years, we will be left with a group of young inexperienced centre halves.

You realise that Sanchez and Foyth will grow, mature and develop in those few years..? Even if both JV and Toby leave in the next few years that you mention, Juan & Davinson will no longer be as young or inexperienced.
And there should (we hope) be serious planning and scouting for replacement purchases as well

From the last numbers I saw, they earn about 60m more than us. I’d hope the stadium plugs most of that gap so we’re at least at a similar level to them.

I absolutely agree that we shouldn’t just give Toby what he wants and not think about the rest. If we can’t afford the wages then we can’t afford them. I know that as fans we all just want to keep our players but Levy has to be responsible here. However, if Levy decides that we can’t play our players the market rate, we have to accept that what we’re currently doing won’t lead to sustainable success. At some stage it will catch up with us unless the bubble bursts or the Russians and Arabs get bored.

FWIW, the latest Deloitte Money League figures...
DUsnjTCW0AAE1Nq.jpg

Liverpool have been really racking up the sponsorship deals under Fenway though,official doughnut partners etc.

Looks like the Dippers will have to see a lot more doughnuts!

No your wrong ...it’s 69%

50% Is the threshold that sensible clubs target
Not many sensible clubs left in the PL nowadays...
DTkfDi1XkAAgZMP.jpg

I think we might also need to look at right-back. Trippier and Aurier look more squad player level than reliable first-choice. I'd be happy if we kept one and upgraded on the other. Poch may feel they are both good enough but for me, in terms of first XI, right-back is the weakest position.

I'm with you that RB isnt a settled position, but feel that Poch will give Aurier and Trippier another season to prove themselves before buying another

I would've thought that the main reason for the difference in income between us and Liverpool was merchandise and sponsorship rather than ticket sales.

I would have thought match day income is more dominated by corporate hospitality than general attendance ticket sales.

And isn't that how the emirates has proven to be a gold mine for the clams, especially as at least initially they substantially undervalued the naming rights deal with the Middle East airline, yet still raked the money in.

All suggests that with our 62k capacity and apparent corporate facilities to set a new benchmark, that our match day income will soon only be bettered by united.

Interesting to see city's match day income so low, they really are being kept afloat by their fraudulent naming rights deal with etihad.

Last edited:
@AjaxDeSuperYids,

It may be unintentional but I think that the Muslim airline comment is unnecessary. Why bring faith into it?

Of course an increase in matchday income will help but it will not allow us to bridge the financial gap on the rest of the top six on its own.

Last edited:
It may be unintentional but I think that the Muslim airline comment is unnecessary. Why bring faith into it?

Of course an increase in matchday income will help but it will not allow us to bridge the financial gap on the rest of the top six on its own.

Looking at the above graph, if NWHL takes our match day income up to only behind united and levy comes good on the naming rights (which seems highly probable knowing him) then it would appear we will be right up amongst the other top six for income.

How we spend it is another matter and I wouldn't want to see any ozil or alexis type contracts that's for sure.

I only sought to not use the same word (Emirates) in quick succession. I've edited it however to something more suitable.

Perhaps you may want to do the same and undo some equally questionable editing of your own, to ones profile?

Looking at the above graph, if NWHL takes our match day income up to only behind united and levy comes good on the naming rights (which seems highly probable knowing him) then it would appear we will be right up amongst the other top six for income.

How we spend it is another matter and I wouldn't want to see any ozil or alexis type contracts that's for sure.
Not even for Harry Kane?

FWIW, the latest Deloitte Money League figures...
DUsnjTCW0AAE1Nq.jpg

Looks like the Dippers will have to see a lot more doughnuts!

Not many sensible clubs left in the PL nowadays...
DTkfDi1XkAAgZMP.jpg
Wondering if the wages to turnover level has changed for Liverpool and arsenal. Can't imagine the costs go up proportionally so if they have similar costs to us and more revenue they can safely have a higher w/t ratio.

+they were also gambling on CL Qualification.

Back