• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

HP are doing the wireless network and tech in the stadium, people are just jumping to conclusions. It's realistically a possibility but the visit itself is not an indicator - it's been a possibility all along.

HP are doing the wireless network and tech in the stadium, people are just jumping to conclusions. It's realistically a possibility but the visit itself is not an indicator - it's been a possibility all along.

Actually, it isn't "people" who are jumping to conclusions. It's just the one guy, Bazza, who seems to be well placed in the gossip streams. But he's a dodgy source.

Floies a plane what shoots stadium aerials, but carn't spell in Engerlish to safe his loife. And proud'er'vat, n'all.

They are huge, but not that big on sponsorship. They inherited the NHL arena in San Jose when they bought Compaq and renamed it HP Pavilion, but that can't have been a very expensive deal as the current sponsor is only paying just over $3.3 million a year. Being our shirt sponsor seems to be the biggest thing they've done.

Around 2-3 years ago I spoke to someone from HP at a sports industry event, and he said something similar. Since our 90s shirt sponsorship, they haven't gone in for naming rights or pure sponsorship deals. They've inherited a few including Aurasma/Autonomy when they were our shirt sponsors.

They do have plenty of supplier partnerships where the team or venue get heavily discounted product or services in return for the marketing exposure. I'm pretty sure that was the type of deal that was previously announced.

It could be an awful lot worse than HP

They might use their Autonomy brand again, rather than HP?

HP sold of the last of their Autonomy assets in 2016. It was a failure for them in business terms as they wrote off the value of the assets and sold what they should have the assets after they found what they called 'irregularities in the accounting' of the company. The software still exists but Autonomy as a brand/company is dead.

The LaserJet Lane?

The Tottenham Enterprise?

MNeE7.jpg

Rumours tonight on the same site that it will be announced on monday.

Pinch of salt as always.
They all seem to be coming from that Bazza chap. He is not following the usual ITK rules of hiding the real name behind some cleverly worded cryptic message bollox. He's just blurting it out!

One minute Bazza mumbled something about 'no sponsor will want to be linked until the roof is up and everything is on track' and 7 seconds later he is saying it will be on Monday, perhaps with the start of the roof lift.

HP really doesn't pop in terms of advertising or products, I struggle to think what they do nowadays...I think they supply my work laptop but they are so 'pfffff meh' that I can't really think what they stand for or what they do... when I think of laptops DELL springs to mind easily but HP is just... meh. In fact what springs to mind is from Steve Jobs' autobiography

When he was 13 in 1968, Jobs was given a summer job by Bill Hewlett (of Hewlett-Packard) after Jobs cold-called him to ask for parts for an electronics project: "He didn't know me at all, but he ended up giving me some parts and he got me a job that summer working at Hewlett-Packard on the line, assembling frequency counters...well, assembling may be too strong. I was putting in screws. It didn't matter; I was in heaven

Actually, it isn't "people" who are jumping to conclusions. It's just the one guy, Bazza, who seems to be well placed in the gossip streams. But he's a dodgy source.

Floies a plane what shoots stadium aerials, but carn't spell in Engerlish to safe his loife. And proud'er'vat, n'all.
What I meant by that was that he predicted that the roof lift would start in about a week and then said Source?.... HP, i.e. just making a little pun.

Although from reading above perhaps things have moved on from then *off over to skyscrapercity for a look*

I think the roof lift will start next week. Most of the cables laying on the pitch area have disappeared now.

Someone on SSC lifted these from LinkedIn:

O2qFHBt.jpg

UKJvfXA.jpg

LqFrQrk.jpg

rw8CvJQ.jpg

"Recent photos from White Hart Lane. Tottenham Hotspur Northumberland Development. Cable net almost ready for lifting. Mosco-Gleeson will start fixing steel and glass cassettes onto the network once fine tuning is complete, approximately a month away."

Back