• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

Yeah
I hope he gets invited to all these things so he can continue to self destruct. I’d actually love him to get a managers job somewhere, he wouldn’t last 2 months.
But only because ................ fill in whatever delusional prejudice he fancies, he's the last person you would want to be a poster boy for any campaign.

I did go (for the Oxford job) and they didn't accept me,” he said during an appearance on the Arsenal podcast Highbury & Heels.
“Maybe it was a lack of experience, things like that, but it's a full circle. Experience? How do I get experience? Well I need a job to get experience.
“I don't want to go too low that it's a struggle, and I don't want to go too low that I'm under someone and thinking "what am I doing here?" I would rather be managing a club myself.”

Campbell also wonders whether his formidable intellect may have deterred Oxford from hiring him.
“I'm confident and it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level,” he added.
“If you're intelligent enough and a quick learner you will learn pretty soon, within two or three games, what the team needs, training-wise, to survive in that league, get better in that league, to get in the play-offs or even win the league.

“I'm intelligent enough, it's not like I played on a fox and dog pitch all my life. I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted because of a lack of experience or "maybe he talks his mind too much".

“Go to Germany, they love people who speak their minds. They got the jobs. I'm sorry that I've got a mind, but don't be scared of that. That should be something you want at your club, but obviously not.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-job-arsenal-tottenham-england-a8223386.html

Hmm. Wonder why he didn’t get the job. Can’t imagine why any interviewing club chairman wouldn’t be impressed at being told running a lower league club is not rocket science.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
“I can’t believe some people. I’m one of the greatest minds in football and I’m wasted because of a lack of experience or maybe ‘he talks his mind too much’” – [I’m] Sol Campbell on not being given the Oxford United manager’s job.

fudge me what an ego!!!

Immodest Campbell lets his ego do the talking

A few weeks back, the sports minister, Helen Grant, arranged a summit at Whitehall to discuss why there are so few black managers and coaches in the game. Senior figures from the Football Association were there, along with the Premier League, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Football League. There were guests from Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card and Sol Campbell also received an invitation, as an ex-England player who is frustrated, understandably, by the lack of opportunities.

What Campbell does not appear to realise, perhaps, is that the best way to get a point across is without ego or too much self-esteem.

On this occasion he wanted the FA’s technical director, Dan Ashworth, to explain why Gary Neville had been fast-tracked through the system to become one of Roy Hodgson’s assistants with the England team. Ashworth started talking about the favourable impression Neville had made on Hodgson and the players and was running through the processes that were involved when Campbell put out his hand to interrupt him. This is when things started to get a little strange.

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

As you might imagine, that isn’t a particularly easy sentence to come back from. Ashworth did his best to continue because, well, what else could he do? But it is fair to say the entire room had been engulfed in awkwardness and when Ashworth stopped talking there was another tumbleweed moment. Campbell, hand out, ended the conversation in the same way he had started it.

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

He was correct. But whether he gets an invitation the next time there is one of these discussions is not entirely clear.

(voice from afar) "I am Sol Campbell - and so is my wife!"

I did go (for the Oxford job) and they didn't accept me,” he said during an appearance on the Arsenal podcast Highbury & Heels.
“Maybe it was a lack of experience, things like that, but it's a full circle. Experience? How do I get experience? Well I need a job to get experience.
“I don't want to go too low that it's a struggle, and I don't want to go too low that I'm under someone and thinking "what am I doing here?" I would rather be managing a club myself.”

Campbell also wonders whether his formidable intellect may have deterred Oxford from hiring him.
“I'm confident and it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level,” he added.
“If you're intelligent enough and a quick learner you will learn pretty soon, within two or three games, what the team needs, training-wise, to survive in that league, get better in that league, to get in the play-offs or even win the league.

“I'm intelligent enough, it's not like I played on a fox and dog pitch all my life. I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted because of a lack of experience or "maybe he talks his mind too much".

“Go to Germany, they love people who speak their minds. They got the jobs. I'm sorry that I've got a mind, but don't be scared of that. That should be something you want at your club, but obviously not.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-job-arsenal-tottenham-england-a8223386.html

Hmm. Wonder why he didn’t get the job. Can’t imagine why any interviewing club chairman wouldn’t be impressed at being told running a lower league club is not rocket science.

I agree with him that he is too good to manage a club like Oxford and deserves a chance higher up the pyramid. I am hoping that there is a suitable vacancy coming up this summer that would be an ideal opportunity for him to show how easy management is.

Back