• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

The fact that we have lost 7 semi finals in a row is a big mental hurdle for us to overcome. United and Chelsea have a recent history of winning mulitple trophies whereas we haven't won a trophy since 2008. I'll be a lot more confident if Leicester can knock out Chelsea as two of those semi finals defeats were inflicted on us by the chavs. Mourinho is a serial trophy winner. I know Chelsea are going through a rocky patch, but they have a knack of turning up when they have in the latter stages of knockout tournaments.

For the above reasons, I'd have us 3rd favourites personally.
Both Utd and Cheatski are capable of winning OR grinding out 0-0 and taking it to pens. Their managers are evil, winners.

even though its obviously benefited us, its time replays were scrapped, rochdale, like newport don't have a 100-1 chance of beating us next week, there'll probably be 20k there so not much of a gate for them to get some money, it should go to pens after the first game, great for the neutrals and would liven up the competition a bit, Emirates Marketing Project aside, where are the upsets which is half the point of it all.

even though its obviously benefited us, its time replays were scrapped, rochdale, like newport don't have a 100-1 chance of beating us next week, there'll probably be 20k there so not much of a gate for them to get some money, it should go to pens after the first game, great for the neutrals and would liven up the competition a bit, Emirates Marketing Project aside, where are the upsets which is half the point of it all.
It was 39k for Newport.

Coventry v Stoke? Nottingham Forest v Arsenal? Wigan v West Ham?

This is a very Premier league viewpoint of it and as much as I’d prefer it from a Spurs standpoint, a replay at a decent Prem club can fund these lower league clubs for a season! It’s a game changer for them.

Perhaps if the tv money was more evenly distributed down the leagues then we could get rid of replays?

I could see "home advantage" being all over the media for the visit of plucky little Chelsea in the semi. They'll be keen for us to go out so the "Spurs had to win something" narrative keeps going into the summer and fuels speculation about big departures. Those stories will get churned out regardless, of course, but they'll be ten times easier to write if "trophyless Spurs" is among the first paragraph tropes.

Last edited:
could still be the away team dressing room wise, are they still different at Wembley or did they change that?

There will be at least 5k plus of their fans, plus all of the autopay £10 who won't go so they will make a few quid out of the game and it's on tv too

United v Brighton is 7.45pm on the Saturday night, no way of getting home via public transport for the Brighton fans, not that tv would care about that anyhow

Are they really going to show just two of the games?

Nope, they just haven't decided when to show the other two yet.

United v Brighton is 7.45pm on the Saturday night, no way of getting home via public transport for the Brighton fans, not that tv would care about that anyhow

The coaches that took them up for the league match up there did not get back down here till 2 in the morning. Some of the old boys I know who went up for it decided against going to any more northern away games because of it.

Lawro keeps adding an S to Tammy Abraham's name. The most interesting bit of this game will be whether anyone tells him at half time.

What a shocking game of football this is. Based on what I have just witnessed, tomorrow night looks likely to be the harder match in our bid to reach the semis

Back