• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

We've got first option on Bale,so some talks must have started as he's not first choice anymore(very unhappy yesterday being made sub)....but what will happen we'll um and arr about it as Levy does then PSG/Milan will come in with a big time offer,and we'll pass on him.
I'll take him back ,we're lacking a player that we can do something out of nothing,i think Lamela will go in the usual cull we do at the end of each season,also Rose as well.

Eriksen, Son, Alli, Lamela, Moura and Bale for those AM positions seems a little excessive and that is assuming Sissoko and GKN are moved on. I like the idea of Bale, but for money and fitness reasons I can't see it having legs. I suppose he could be used up the middle as a mobile number 9 but that is not really his forte.
Maybe Levy'll buy him and flip him on to United for massive profit ;)

We've got first option on Bale,so some talks must have started as he's not first choice anymore(very unhappy yesterday being made sub)....but what will happen we'll um and arr about it as Levy does then PSG/Milan will come in with a big time offer,and we'll pass on him.
I'll take him back ,we're lacking a player that we can do something out of nothing,i think Lamela will go in the usual cull we do at the end of each season,also Rose as well.
It doesn’t matter if we umm and ahhh about him or if we went in 3 weeks ago with a firm bid, if those other clubs want him they’ll blow us out of the water anyway. First option doesn’t mean no one else can bid for him.

As wonderful a player he is, and as good as he could be in this team, I just cant get my head around it.

His physique is a huge part of his game. And while he has never been reliably fit, he seems to be getting worse in this respect.

Combined with the fact he is reaching that time in his career when these things mount up, and the fact he would undoubtedly cost a fortune in not only fees but wages (he would certainly blow out top earners out of the water) - I just cant help feeling it would be a mistake.

His wages will still be astronomical, so even if there's some sort of first-refusal agreement, I can't see us having a look-in, really. Surely Manchester-bound if he returns, I'd have thought.

I can't see Lamela leaving in the summer. He has returned well from injury and seems to be favoured by Poch.

Would you swap Bale and cash for Toby?
Both similar age and arguably of a similar fit calibre
These deals rarely ever happen, but that might be one opportunity to make it happen. Tell Real it's their one chance to get one of the best centre backs in the world and have them cover a portion of his wages. Gets Alderweireld out of the country too.

If we should do it is a different question. But if Alderweireld refuses to sign for what we can offer it might be a good option.

I can't see Lamela leaving in the summer. He has returned well from injury and seems to be favoured by Poch.
Agreed. He's looking on his way back to form and could very well end up better than ever for us. He's settled and a great fit in the team and still relatively young.

The more I think of it ... the less I want bale.

I honestly think his injury record is not worth taking the risk for. Great player on his day but I would not take the risk due to his excessive wages.

Can see utd desperate enough to offer him 500k a week or whatever sanchez is on.

Jose Bourinho will surely ruin him. Good for us.
Which looks like the conclusion that Real have come to.

Any deal for Real with us would be linked to Harry. You scratch my back I scratch yours. No thanks. In the summer I would have taken him but we have moved on from him now, plus we have Moura and Lamela, basically 2 new players. We should also be going for that Malcom. Younger more exciting players IMO.

Any deal for Real with us would be linked to Harry. You scratch my back I scratch yours. No thanks. In the summer I would have taken him but we have moved on from him now, plus we have Moura and Lamela, basically 2 new players. We should also be going for that Malcom. Younger more exciting players IMO.

I doubt it. Deals for either player would be dependent on where they want to go. There is no way that Kane will be leaving this summer and neither him nor us would consider tying out hands on what may happen in the future.

Which looks like the conclusion that Real have come to.

The warning signs were there before they signed him actually.

He had a few muscle injuries and when you consider the amount of steroids he has taken to get his legs that big he is going to get more and more.

He should go to AC Milan who have an excellent medical department.

They did... but the first thing Gattuso realised was that the players were unfit and needed a serious amount of extra training to get into form and go on a good run of wins

I thought they spent a load of money on a top secret medical department that had some sort of top secret.

I doubt it. Deals for either player would be dependent on where they want to go. There is no way that Kane will be leaving this summer and neither him nor us would consider tying out hands on what may happen in the future.
No what I meant was that if we signed Bale this summer then they would probably expect us to sell them Kane the following year, so any deal we wanted for Bale would give them a hand over Kane, which I don’t think would happen. So it’s basically flimflam. We shouldn’t be looking to take anyone off of Real for the sake of keeping Kane.

Back