• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I was just back in the UK and fortunate to be able to attend three games, Utd and Arse at Wembley and The Scousers away. I was mighty impressed by all that I saw, and the feeling around the club. The development of our club from the point I gave up my season ticket in 2003 has been remarkable. We are known across Europe as a club on the up. I have a absolutely no complaints about Daniel Levy's stewardship of our club. I think he has done a brilliant job. When I look at what we had to sit through under Alan Sugar I cant believe how far we have come.

You're a bloody good luck charm, you should go back and watch Spurs more often!

I just read that we have the biggest difference between squad value and squad expenditure. It's by a huge margin too, no one else even comes close.

I just read that we have the biggest difference between squad value and squad expenditure. It's by a huge margin too, no one else even comes close.

Not surprised at all.

- Lloris, Eriksen, Dele, Dembele, Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, even Son all cost relative peanuts vs. what they would cost today
- Then you have Kane as the freebie
- And even when you think we spent big (Sanchez), 6 months later Pool spends $75M on VVD.

I never worry about DL & money management.

I’d say in the current market -

Kane = 300 mill
Alli = 180 mill
Eriksen = 180 mill
Lloris = 100 mill
Dembele = 75 mill (injuries the main reason)
Toby = 90 mill (injuries, etc)
Jan = 75 mill (age - if he was 25, 150!!!)
Davo = 75 (and growing)

And clubs thought Daniel would be hard to deal with hahaha! Fact is, no-one can afford our stars!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I’d say in the current market -

Kane = 300 mill
Alli = 180 mill
Eriksen = 180 mill
Lloris = 100 mill
Dembele = 75 mill (injuries the main reason)
Toby = 90 mill (injuries, etc)
Jan = 75 mill (age - if he was 25, 150!!!)
Davo = 75 (and growing)

And clubs thought Daniel would be hard to deal with hahaha! Fact is, no-one can afford our stars!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I don't think there is a team out there that would pay that valuation for any of those players.

Not surprised at all.

- Lloris, Eriksen, Dele, Dembele, Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, even Son all cost relative peanuts vs. what they would cost today
- Then you have Kane as the freebie
- And even when you think we spent big (Sanchez), 6 months later Pool spends $75M on VVD.

I never worry about DL & money management.

Add Dier, Toby, Trippier to that list too.

Oh, his name is Daniel Levy, he's the one that loves a deal
You'd better get your cheque book out; it's going to get quite real
He snapped up Dele Alli and Lucas Moura too
And if you fancy signing them, it's going to bankrupt you

La la la laaaa
La la la laaaa la
la la la la la la la la laaaa ...

Interesting part from the THST meeting

Talk turned to retention of players amid paper talk of contract negotiations and wage caps.
DL felt that Mauricio Pochettino is the best manager in all the time he has been at Tottenham. They see eye to eye in terms of strategy. No player would be sold that MP wanted to stay.
PH mentioned the bonus payments, also. It was felt the bonus structure and incentives should also be considered when discussing players wages as they comprised a significant part of the monies and are the most generous of any club in the Premier League.

I'm not surprised to hear this but happy that it has been said.

Interesting part from the THST meeting

Talk turned to retention of players amid paper talk of contract negotiations and wage caps.
DL felt that Mauricio Pochettino is the best manager in all the time he has been at Tottenham. They see eye to eye in terms of strategy. No player would be sold that MP wanted to stay.
PH mentioned the bonus payments, also. It was felt the bonus structure and incentives should also be considered when discussing players wages as they comprised a significant part of the monies and are the most generous of any club in the Premier League.

I'm not surprised to hear this but happy that it has been said.
Kudos also to @milo who's been saying something like this for years. No wonder so many of our squad are happy to sign contract extensions. :D

Back