• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

maxresdefault.0.jpg

Again, none of them were WINS. We havent turned ANY game into a win THIS SEASON after going behind ( bar Dortmund's dead rubber).

Mate, I think you are looking at this the wrong way

- The vast majority of games you lose, you probably went behind first (unless you have another problem), so statistically it will look that way
- Our win ration when we go ahead is actually insanely good.

Conceding early is an issue, an be put down to focus, slow start, conceding against the best teams in the world/league happens, by the best teams.

Mate, I think you are looking at this the wrong way

- The vast majority of games you lose, you probably went behind first (unless you have another problem), so statistically it will look that way
- Our win ration when we go ahead is actually insanely good.

Conceding early is an issue, an be put down to focus, slow start, conceding against the best teams in the world/league happens, by the best teams.

I don't disagree with you when it comes to the best teams, but not to be able to turn games around against the likes of Newport, Rochdale, West Brom, Soton and Watford just underlines how important the first goal has become this season. It has become a major issue this season, that is my point. And it urgently needs to be addressed by Poch and the sooner the better.

This season - -chelsea at home, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Arsenal and Leicester away. Concede first and lose.

Man U and Arse had nothing to do with slow starts!!!!! Man U was poor defending from the front/at the halfway line to allow DeGea an easy clearance and Lukaku a free header on, L’Arse was two wrong decisions compounded to create the opening goal.

I think it is a fascinating thing that you keep picking holes. This despite seeing a manager who consistently improves/corrects issues when he sees them. If there is a lingering issue, you can be damn sure it is not because he has not seen it! I appreciate this is a discussion board, and as such your repeated drum(s) are absolutely legitimate board food, but I ask why you continue to seemingly believe that the coaching staff do not themselves notice.

In fact, let me ask you straight up: do you believe Mauricio Pochettino does not see the two things you comment on? Do you believe he is blind to them/ignorant of them?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Again, none of them were WINS. We havent turned ANY game into a win THIS SEASON after going behind ( bar Dortmund's dead rubber).

Fortunately, you might have noticed that compared to the vast majority of teams, we win a lot of games. I think more than focussing on “winning from losing positions” it is perhaps worth nothing that the manager wants to avoid being in a losing position in the first place!!!!!!

You've missed the point. We haven't actually WON any of those games (except Dortmund).

And furthermore, we have failed to BEAT Newport, Rochdale, West Brom, Watford ans pd Soton after conceding the first goal.

Your posts lack any context other than the narrow parameters of your own increasingly hyper-critical opinions. You’re welcome to them, but don’t expect me to buy your narrow perspectives mate.

I don't disagree with you when it comes to the best teams, but not to be able to turn games around against the likes of Newport, Rochdale, West Brom, Soton and Watford just underlines how important the first goal has become this season. It has become a major issue this season, that is my point. And it urgently needs to be addressed by Poch and the sooner the better.
The likes of? Are there more examples this season or was that all of them?

Looking at our league results: You mention Watford and Southampton. Both away games, one against a fairly good mid table side and one against a team in the relegation fight. Then one game at home against bottom of the table WBA.

At home against WBA I think it's fair to expect us to turn the game into a win despite going behind with a decent frequency. Away to Southampton I would expect that frequency to be lower, and away to Watford even lower still. Watford have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea at home this season and drawn with us and Liverpool. And in the Watford game we had a player sent off.

So in the league we're looking at a very small sample size of perhaps 2 games where we should have done better. One game we dominated, one where we were alright (though did hit the woodwork). I don't think we can draw too many conclusions from that sample size.

Looking at our cup games. We did turn around the game against Rochdale. And we came back against Newport to earn a draw. Far from our best performances this season. But again, how much can actually be said based on two away cup games where we rotated heavily?

Of course the mighty Spurs should always beat the likes of Newport and Rochdale just like the petrodollar City should always beat the likes of League 1 Wigan (except they lost 0-1 just the other day), the bankrolled United always League 1 MK Dons (lost 1-4 in 2014), the Oligarch's playboys Chelsea always League 1 Bradford City (2-4 in 2015) and the historically all-conquering Liverpool always League 1 Oldham (0-2 in 2014) and League 2 Exeter City (2-2 in 2016).

Perspective, old boy, perspective!

The likes of? Are there more examples this season or was that all of them?

Looking at our league results: You mention Watford and Southampton. Both away games, one against a fairly good mid table side and one against a team in the relegation fight. Then one game at home against bottom of the table WBA.

At home against WBA I think it's fair to expect us to turn the game into a win despite going behind with a decent frequency. Away to Southampton I would expect that frequency to be lower, and away to Watford even lower still. Watford have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea at home this season and drawn with us and Liverpool. And in the Watford game we had a player sent off.

So in the league we're looking at a very small sample size of perhaps 2 games where we should have done better. One game we dominated, one where we were alright (though did hit the woodwork). I don't think we can draw too many conclusions from that sample size.

Looking at our cup games. We did turn around the game against Rochdale. And we came back against Newport to earn a draw. Far from our best performances this season. But again, how much can actually be said based on two away cup games where we rotated heavily?

I haven't been able to find figures for this season but last season we took the second most points in the league from a losing position (17 points, one behind Liverpool).

Man U and Arse had nothing to do with slow starts!!!!! Man U was poor defending from the front/at the halfway line to allow DeGea an easy clearance and Lukaku a free header on, L’Arse was two wrong decisions compounded to create the opening goal.

I think it is a fascinating thing that you keep picking holes. This despite seeing a manager who consistently improves/corrects issues when he sees them. If there is a lingering issue, you can be damn sure it is not because he has not seen it! I appreciate this is a discussion board, and as such your repeated drum(s) are absolutely legitimate board food, but I ask why you continue to seemingly believe that the coaching staff do not themselves notice.

In fact, let me ask you straight up: do you believe Mauricio Pochettino does not see the two things you comment on? Do you believe he is blind to them/ignorant of them?

I am afraid I don't subscribe (like you seemingly do) to the cultish position that Poch is all-seeing, all-knowing, and can do no wrong. While, I believe he is a good manager and coach, and the best we have had in a very long time, that does not mean to say he is not without his faults and Achilles heels (like all of us regular humans). You seem to believe he is some GHod-like superman who is above criticism. Your unbridled optimism is laudable but it can sometimes blind you to some of the harsher realities.

I fully appreciate what Poch has done at Spurs and would like him to stay for some considerable time to see through the project. However, as you rightly say, this is a forum for discussion, and if everyone agreed about everything it would become very dull indeed.

Whether Poch sees the issues I raise or not, I could not say. And as I have said previously, he needs to address them if we are to be successful. That, surely, is what we all want?

And as I have said previously, he needs to address them if we are to be successful. That, surely, is what we all want?

I think that you need to clearly demonstrate that there is a problem before it can be agreed that there is something that needs to be addressed.

I am afraid I don't subscribe (like you seemingly do) to the cultish position that Poch is all-seeing, all-knowing, and can do no wrong. While, I believe he is a good manager and coach, and the best we have had in a very long time, that does not mean to say he is not without his faults and Achilles heels (like all of us regular humans). You seem to believe he is some GHod-like superman who is above criticism. Your unbridled optimism is laudable but it can sometimes blind you to some of the harsher realities.

I fully appreciate what Poch has done at Spurs and would like him to stay for some considerable time to see through the project. However, as you rightly say, this is a forum for discussion, and if everyone agreed about everything it would become very dull indeed.

Whether Poch sees the issues I raise or not, I could not say. And as I have said previously, he needs to address them if we are to be successful. That, surely, is what we all want?

How do you define that?
I am currently seeing Spurs do better and play better than at any other point in my many years of supporting them.
That is already success to me. Of course I want more, but that does not devalue the joy I currently get from what I perceive to be the success we have now.

Gloves off.
I don’t subscribe to a “cultish position” I subscribe to what my eyes and brain tell me. And what they tell me is that he is a man who learns, and continues to learn. Your frankly erroneous assertion that I see him as being beyond criticism simply illustrates tour apparent inability to see anything with context beyond your own (IMO) often needle-thin scope.

It comes down to trust.
I believe he has shown me enough, shown everyone enough, to earn my trust.
If we don’t score over a dozen goals a week from corners, I assume he has either
a) seen this or
b) plays in a way whereby corners are a bonus not a game plan. And whilst YOU might find that wrong, it would appear that overall, Tottenham Hotspur are not suffering unduly.

As for the rest, apply the same “trust” so far as I am concerned.

I have criticized/questioned him this season, but it is true to say I ALWAYS come back to the fact that he is the manager, and he has done enough for the club to earn my trust as opposed to some continual drivel-stream of “observed criticisms” regarding a couple of game aspects which have arisen a few times this season.

Again, your inability to illustrate accuracy and context (even with your observations of my position on the manager) speak for themselves.

Finally, and I say this with full truth. A Carabou Cup, even an FA Cup this season, are simply not as important as top 4 and CL place. Keeping this unit paid and together is everything. You will see, next season, that the plans he is mobilizing right now (and started mobilizing in August) will see us in place to compete for the trophies we deserve.

If we got an FA Cup and top 4, great. But top 4 over everything would be continued success. Whisper it - we could even do better.

I think that you need to clearly demonstrate that there is a problem before it can be agreed that there is something that needs to be addressed.

In fairness he has at least told Poch where the obstructions on success lie.
Score more goals from corners and be more intense at the beginning...

I pray to every GHod I don’t believe in that if Poch is on the verge of logging into Pirate’s view, he does so AFTER March 7th....

Last edited:
When? I must have missed it.

Yes. Apparently you have missed them. You apparently don’t read my comments in detail. I suspect you skip to the part at the end where I DO state I trust the manager, either to sort “it” out or learn from the moment.

To be clear. Yes, from time to time he does things which I think are weird, don’t necessarily work. Yes, I have commented on those. No, I do not believe he has “blind spots” I believe he is learning and continues to learn. Furthermore, I believe he has systems and processes he believes in. Over the last three and a half seasons he has earned my trust enough not to question him beyond that initial occasional expression of confusion. I refuse to tediously micro-manage (especially via the fudging internet!) a manager who has demonstrated more to me in terms of ability than any other manager at this club since Burkinshaw (Pleat walked into his era).

Last edited:
Yes. Apparently you have missed them. You apparently don’t read my comments in detail. I suspect you skip to the part at the end where I DO state I trust the manager, either to sort “it” out or learn from the moment.

So, specifically , where have you criticised/questioned Poch. Give me examples, and I will apologise.

Back